0%
Owen Hart (1994)
6%
qtipp73P swayze166 2 votes
Jerry Lawler (1993)
0%
Shawn Michaels (1992, 1996-97)
65%
lion_heartRecaptimus_Prime3605th Letter  Colin$mackabi$hinfamous114herbalism101BroddiethemadlionsfanCopperCymicaldanevageneral08Cutler 26 INT's LOL!DOPEdweebzits....JOHN BsatyroneAlready Home_17Chi-Town BullyVader_F_KennedyPeezy_Jenkinsgenocidecutter 21 votes
British Bulldog (1992)
0%
Mr. Perfect (1991-93)
9%
Dupacaneed123leon313 3 votes
Other
3%
Serious Juice Mayne 1 vote

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no doubt
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stone Cold (1996-97)
    The ? with Owen is underrated
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ was actually personal. I was watching the documentary where Jim Ross sat down with both Bret and Shawn, and they discussed their rivalry. Wow.

Looking back at some of the clips, I don't think ? understand just how real their beef was. Especially in their promos. Etherous line I heard was when Shawn said something like "Sunny days are ahead of you..." during a back & forth promo he did wit Bret on Raw. I didn't realize shots were fired @ until i watched that documentary. Lol!

I mean c'mon. Who remembers the other rivalries? Well maybe the SC and Owen. But til this day, the WWE is STILL tryin to wash out the bad taste in it mouth leftover by the Montreal Screw Job.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stone Cold (1996-97)
    It was hard not to pick the HBK feud because of the personal nature of it but i m going with the Austin feud. That feud showed a different side of Bret as a character. It really freshened Bret's character too, it came at a critical time where people questioned his future and if he was on the downslide of his main event days but that feud with Austin showed that he was still a top dog and was a versatile character.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Im one of the Biggest Bret fans out and to be truthful Idk what feud to pick they all were that good.

The Owen feud seemed so ? real like the fam was really split.

The Diesel one he made Kevin seem like the Giant he was.

The HBK one was personal but them dudes went out and did everything out there without hurting the other.

The Bulldog one was similar to the Owen one with the whole fam thing and it even put the IC belt over the WWF at a major 4 ppv.

The Perfect one was the two Greatest Technical wrestlers putting on Masterpieces of matches.

The Austin one was ? Ill cause you had The Number one guy working with the soon to be top guy of WWF
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as much as i like the stone cold feud, i have to go with the HBK feud
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    You cant mention one without the other. Its like mentioning Magic without Bird, or Eddie without Benoit.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The feuds with Davey Boy, Owen and Hennig were classics and produced some of the greatest matches of Brett's career. The one with Austin was cool too; it's what made me a fan of Austin's WWF character after he was so badly underutilized since joining that company. But his feuds with HBK were legendary based on the genuine tension between both guys. They were The Joker and Batman of 90's WWF. True arch rivals.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    ? were Ryu and Ken...
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was deeper than rap wit Shawn
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVbNXI3AK-U

This will always be one of my favorite worked shoots. The tension in that room could cut through a burnt turkey.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Stone Cold fued was one of my favorites.....but that ? with Shawn Michaels was is legendary....
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

This will always be one of my favorite worked shoots. The tension in that room could cut through a burnt turkey.

LOL!!!! WOOOOOOOOW!! That promo would've fly nowadays. That was ALL personal. Lol
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

LOL!!!! WOOOOOOOOW!! That promo would've fly nowadays. That was ALL personal. Lol

Definitely not. Pro Wrestling is too politically correct today just like the rest of society. This is the era where a heel had to apologize to a kid for tearing up his sign something that has been a pro wrestling show staple since the 50's. It's also the era where another heel had to apologize for calling a fan a "? " while in character. The funny thing about it is that it was Shawn's idea for Bret to call them out on ? ? but you could tell Trips was really offended by it and didn't expect it/know about it before lmao "I'm no ? ". That type of spontaneity can't be found in today's overtly scripted WWE.

• TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stone Cold (1996-97)
    I can't choose just one..............................
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh seriously
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hbk vs hitman is iconic, but stone cold a close second
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hart and HBK really were the Nas and Jigga of the WWF at that time. Like Savage/Hogan in their days.

You peep that promo I posted a few days ago and there's nothing but pure ether on both ends. From Hart calling out HBK about barebacking his way to the top lol and Hart drawing more money than Shawn which when you look at the numbers from back then was true. To HBK being super prophetic with lines like

"Don't confuse expansion with destruction. The Kliq owns this business"

they definitely did with Hall/Nash strong arming WCW creative/management and HBK/HHH doing the same in WWF. ? they still own the business to this day (HHH as heir to the WWE throne) while Bret's successors really struggle to get TV time (Natalya) or don't show up on TV at all (Tyson Kidd). Damn.

"at Survivor Series The Kliq and The Heartbreak Kid are going to own you."

'nuff said.

We will never see a feud like that one again in this biz.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stone Cold (1996-97)
    Bruh seriously

Legit question, just cause Hbk/Bret was the most infamous feud doesn't mean it was the best worked from a match and promo standpoint.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Bret vs hbk ic matches were HEAVILY underrated. The workrate was amazing. The match telling was what really showed later on when they were both world championship level.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Easy choice...there rivalry defined one another
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that beef was deeper than rap. I did like that stone cold beef as well but this one was hard
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr. Perfect (1991-93)
    every one gonna vote Michaeks but I remember Bret whoopin him like he was nothing back in 92 when he was a doing the side suplex finisher... and Heart Foundation beating the Rockers... Bret vs Mr. Perfect were the 2 best technical matchups and matches the WWF had in years
  • Mr. Rich Pryor
    Mr. Rich Pryor Members Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hbk & bret fued wuz like a rapper beef, it wuz personal,wuz deep like a muthaphukka,& both just hated each other gutz & ? !
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels. From WWE Survivor Series 11/25/92
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpJddNlGjxc

alot of you aint seen this.