Arnold Schwarzenegger Confirms Terminator Role

r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
MV5BMTI3MDc4NzUyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQyMTc5MQ@@._V1._SY140_.jpg

While things have been relatively quiet on the Terminator news front since January, when Patrick Lussier and Laeta Kalogridis scored the job of writing the fifth instalment and Arnold Schwarzenegger used his trip to London as an excuse to keep pimping his involvement in the franchise, plenty has been happening behind the scenes. Word broke earlier this week that Paramount was in talks to make and distribute the new film and now here’s Arnie again chatting about his likely role."I'm very happy that the studios want me to be in Terminator 5 and to star As the Terminator, which we start shooting in January,” he said, letting slip two very relevant pieces of intel about the film that, at the time of writing have yet to be confirmed officially by brother-sister producing team Megan and David Ellison.For Arnie to return as the Terminator would most likely require »
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni55793526/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And he's going to play as Conan again for the trilogy, this time Conan is going to be an aged King
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still say he shouldn't be Conan anymore. Don't get me wrong when he did the 1984 one it was dope, but Arnold is no Conan. If the 2011 had a better director and didn't try to copy the 1984 one with the script that would have been the best one. However Terminator 5 I will go see happily
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is that gonna work though? Arnold look old as ? . They gotta be using cgi
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm, ok. This is gonna be interesting.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is bale in this one
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reapin505 wrote: »
    I still say he shouldn't be Conan anymore. Don't get me wrong when he did the 1984 one it was dope, but Arnold is no Conan. If the 2011 had a better director and didn't try to copy the 1984 one with the script that would have been the best one. However Terminator 5 I will go see happily

I'll gladly watch a third Conan with Arnold. Some of the greatest Conan stories of all time happened when he was an older king. He could actually pull that off depending on who he teams with. Playing a geriatric cyborg on the other hand is straight up ? ridiculous.
    Max. wrote: »
    Is bale in this one

I really doubt it. Nobody liked that movie and it flopped like a Hell Rell album.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    I hope they make Arnold a aged/old robot going up against a T5000 or some ?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5TH? ? i guess I just totally missed the4th movie
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No good can come from this arnold is too old, they should have left it with t1 and t2, even tho terminator salvation was pretty good.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    lamontbdc wrote: »

You didn't miss anything. Terminator Salvation was terrible. James Cameron gave away the atmosphere and tone for a future war movie decades ago and they still managed to ? it up. T3 wasn't a very good movie either but at least it had entertaining action and a pretty awesome ending. TS had no redeemable qualities at all. It was a massive disappointment and I think it actually killed the franchise for good despite the efforts of people to try to get another one going.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i liked the new Conan
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »

I'll gladly watch a third Conan with Arnold. Some of the greatest Conan stories of all time happened when he was an older king. He could actually pull that off depending on who he teams with. Playing a geriatric cyborg on the other hand is straight up ? ridiculous.
    Is bale in this one

I really doubt it. Nobody liked that movie and it flopped like a Hell Rell album.

Don't get me wrong Phoneix on the Sword and The Scarlet Citaldal are my favorite Conan stories(haven't read Hour of the Dragon yet). If they actually did then hell yeah I would be happy as all hell and wouldn't have any problems bout it. But this is gonna be a sequal to the Destroyer and Barbarian in 1984. That alone screws up any chances of having a REAL Conan adaptation, with a dude that actually looked like Conan.
  • Broddie

Is bale in this one

Don't get me wrong Phoneix on the Sword and The Scarlet Citaldal are my favorite Conan stories(haven't read Hour of the Dragon yet). If they actually did then hell yeah I would be happy as all hell and wouldn't have any problems bout it. But this is gonna be a sequal to the Destroyer and Barbarian in 1984. That alone screws up any chances of having a REAL Conan adaptation, with a dude that actually looked like Conan.

I don't think any Conan movie will have real fidelity to the material. Not to the point of being a straight up remake on the screen of what's written on page.

I'm sure a Conan movie made by Arnold and Universal like they're working on could be a lot more faithful than Kull The Conqueror I mean Conan The Barbarian was though. Especially in today's day and age. Not that I disliked that movie it was way better than Conan The Destroyer. But in many ways it was a Kull movie with some Conan elements thrown in. Still a very good movie adaptation though. It's pretty iconic and did a lot of good in the long run. Ironic that Kull The Conqueror with Kevin Sorbo was originally supposed to be the third Universal/Arnold Conan though.

Conan The Barbarian had a bad sequel and it didn't deserve that, the real promised sequel needs to happen already before Arnold crokes he's the perfect age for it now

King+Conan_Conan+the+Barbarian.jpg
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would much prefer to see King Conan instead of T5 starting the governor as a Terminator.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be interesting to see how they do this.
  • Max.
    I heard edward furlong is back as a fat druggie
  • Broddie
    I heard edward furlong is back as a fat druggie

He looks like a hideous ? these days. Jane Connor?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is that gonna work though? Arnold look old as ? . They gotta be using cgi

yeah they'll be using cgi just like they used cgi in terminator salvation remember Arnold was in that one too for a brief moment.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    that last one was shockingly bad. Like, when they killed that Terminator by dropping an anvil on it like some ? Toons ? i was like the ? is this and cut it off
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know I tried, i really tried, but it is time to let this franchise go. I don't know why the movie was changed to PG13, but even that could not save the 5th one. The two movies after T2 ? up the plot and the legacy.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even remember the 4th one. I never watched more than 5 minutes of it.
    Arnold need to sit his old ass down. Him and my grandma are the same damn age. he will be 70 soon.
    Stop with all these sequels we need some new original scripts
  • Max.
    Salvation>>> T3
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭

Is bale in this one

Damn people didn't ? with salvation? Thought it was b- at least
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    I don't even remember the 4th one. I never watched more than 5 minutes of it.
    Arnold need to sit his old ass down. Him and my grandma are the same damn age. he will be 70 soon.
    Stop with all these sequels we need some new original scripts

This

These clowns (Stallone, Willis etc) don't know when to call it quits. There was a time I enjoyed see them kick ass on screen (late 80's to early 90's) ... . NOT ANYMORE

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »

You didn't miss anything. Terminator Salvation was terrible. James Cameron gave away the atmosphere and tone for a future war movie decades ago and they still managed to ? it up. T3 wasn't a very good movie either but at least it had entertaining action and a pretty awesome ending. TS had no redeemable qualities at all. It was a massive disappointment and I think it actually killed the franchise for good despite the efforts of people to try to get another one going.

dam....? was that bad