True Blood Season 6

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone think it was funny punishment they threw Jason in with the female vampires instead of the male vampires?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From fans of the book series I heard that Sookie was no where near as annoying in the series, yeah she did some stupid ? once in a while, but she was no where near as air headed. That's something you cannot do in a book series is make an annoying main character without some tremondous character growth.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at my post being erased wtf?

Anyway, this is for the people who didn't like the funeral. Explanation from the episode writers mouth.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Anyway, this is for the people who didn't like the funeral. Explanation from the episode writers mouth.

It still was wack. What he's saying would resonate a lot more if dude wasn't a third tier character on the show. They pretty much put more development and thought into Terry's character in his funeral than they did in the entire rest of the show. That's just silly.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea Alcide showed up just to simp
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    From fans of the book series I heard that Sookie was no where near as annoying in the series, yeah she did some stupid ? once in a while, but she was no where near as air headed. That's something you cannot do in a book series is make an annoying main character without some tremondous character growth.

The books and the show are not the same at all, and I don't think any posters in here would read the books, because they're mainly Romance novels called The Southern Vampire Mysteries

Read the summary of the final book, ? is way diff. (damn, I don't even give a ? about the books, and that was a terrible ending)
    The protagonist of the novel is Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic waitress who works at a bar, of which she has recently become part owner.

At the end of the previous novel, Deadlocked, Sookie used (and used up) a magical artifact called a cluviel dor to save the life of Sam Merlotte, who had been killed by his girlfriend, Jannalynn.

The sitution as the novel begins is that Sookie’s relationship with Eric Northman, a vampire who is her lover and, in vampire terms, her husband, has cooled suddenly;Sookie broke the blood connection that existed between them so that she could gain a bit of emotional separation in order to think. Meanwhile, Eric's maker had negotiated a marriage between Eric and another vampire, without Eric's consent. However, due to vampire practices, Eric was obliged to go through with the marriage. He had been hoping Sookie would use the cluviel dor to get him out of the marriage, and was angry at Sookie (and jealous) that she used it to save Sam instead. During the novel, Eric progresses with his marriage, while Sookie feels endangered by Eric's fiancee, whose jealousy could mean trouble for Sookie. Meanwhile Sam, who is Sookie's friend and co-owns the bar with her, and for a long time was Sookie's boss, is having a hard time dealing with having been suddenly brought back to life.

Soon Sookie has additional problems. Arlene, who used to be a co-worker and friend of Sookie's, and who once tried to lure Sookie to a painful death as part of a human-supremacist organization that opposed all supernaturals and people like Sookie who consorted with them, has been freed from prison by a mysterious group who it appears has it in for Sookie. At their instigation, Arlene visits Merlotte's bar and asks Sookie for her job at the bar back. Then Arlene's body is found, and Sookie is arrested for her murder.

To help her with these issues, Sookie is visited by her demon godfather, Desmond Cataliades; his niece Diantha; his great-great grandson, the telepath Barry Horowitz; and the witches Amelia Broadway and Bob.

One day, Sookie decides to sunbathe only to decide she needs her ipod that's currently in her locker at Merlotte's. She quickly jumps in the car, sneaks into the back door and retrieves her ipod. Getting back into her car to go home, Sam calls her over to where he's doing yard work at his house. She starts plucking leaves from his hair and he pulls her hand down to his chest. They start kissing passionately and then go inside, where they have sex for the first time. While both Sookie and Sam are delighted at the prospect of this relationship, Sookie tells Sam they must take it slow. She wants to be sure he's not a rebound relationship. He agrees.

Later that week, Sookie, Sam, Jason and Michele go to Stomping Sally's to dance. She is kidnapped by Johan Glassport and Steve Newlin, then thrown into the back of a van being driven by Claude Crane. While they're driving through the countryside, she manipulates them into a fight and Claude swerves off the road into a corn field. She runs from her kidnappers into the safety of a large group of people from Stomping Sally's, who have chased behind the van in an effort to save Sookie. Johan and Claude are shot dead, but not before Claude smashed the skull of Steve Newlin. He dies hours later, after confessing that he and Johan killed Arlene.

Sookie is the (one and only) bridesmaid at Jason and Michele's wedding. After the ceremony, she finds her seat next to Sam who tells her how pretty she looks. Later that night, when he drops her off at her home he suggests he spends the night and she gently declines, though she would much rather he stay. After Sam is gone, she admits to herself that they will probably be definitely together by Christmas.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think I gotta watch them after every episode now.
    Cause I had genuine disinterest thru an episode that was meant to be deep
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

The books and the show are not the same at all, and I don't think any posters in here would read the books, because they're mainly Romance novels called The Southern Vampire Mysteries

Read the summary of the final book, ? is way diff. (damn, I don't even give a ? about the books, and that was a terrible ending)
    The protagonist of the novel is Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic waitress who works at a bar, of which she has recently become part owner.

At the end of the previous novel, Deadlocked, Sookie used (and used up) a magical artifact called a cluviel dor to save the life of Sam Merlotte, who had been killed by his girlfriend, Jannalynn.

The sitution as the novel begins is that Sookie’s relationship with Eric Northman, a vampire who is her lover and, in vampire terms, her husband, has cooled suddenly;Sookie broke the blood connection that existed between them so that she could gain a bit of emotional separation in order to think. Meanwhile, Eric's maker had negotiated a marriage between Eric and another vampire, without Eric's consent. However, due to vampire practices, Eric was obliged to go through with the marriage. He had been hoping Sookie would use the cluviel dor to get him out of the marriage, and was angry at Sookie (and jealous) that she used it to save Sam instead. During the novel, Eric progresses with his marriage, while Sookie feels endangered by Eric's fiancee, whose jealousy could mean trouble for Sookie. Meanwhile Sam, who is Sookie's friend and co-owns the bar with her, and for a long time was Sookie's boss, is having a hard time dealing with having been suddenly brought back to life.

Soon Sookie has additional problems. Arlene, who used to be a co-worker and friend of Sookie's, and who once tried to lure Sookie to a painful death as part of a human-supremacist organization that opposed all supernaturals and people like Sookie who consorted with them, has been freed from prison by a mysterious group who it appears has it in for Sookie. At their instigation, Arlene visits Merlotte's bar and asks Sookie for her job at the bar back. Then Arlene's body is found, and Sookie is arrested for her murder.

To help her with these issues, Sookie is visited by her demon godfather, Desmond Cataliades; his niece Diantha; his great-great grandson, the telepath Barry Horowitz; and the witches Amelia Broadway and Bob.

One day, Sookie decides to sunbathe only to decide she needs her ipod that's currently in her locker at Merlotte's. She quickly jumps in the car, sneaks into the back door and retrieves her ipod. Getting back into her car to go home, Sam calls her over to where he's doing yard work at his house. She starts plucking leaves from his hair and he pulls her hand down to his chest. They start kissing passionately and then go inside, where they have sex for the first time. While both Sookie and Sam are delighted at the prospect of this relationship, Sookie tells Sam they must take it slow. She wants to be sure he's not a rebound relationship. He agrees.

Later that week, Sookie, Sam, Jason and Michele go to Stomping Sally's to dance. She is kidnapped by Johan Glassport and Steve Newlin, then thrown into the back of a van being driven by Claude Crane. While they're driving through the countryside, she manipulates them into a fight and Claude swerves off the road into a corn field. She runs from her kidnappers into the safety of a large group of people from Stomping Sally's, who have chased behind the van in an effort to save Sookie. Johan and Claude are shot dead, but not before Claude smashed the skull of Steve Newlin. He dies hours later, after confessing that he and Johan killed Arlene.

Sookie is the (one and only) bridesmaid at Jason and Michele's wedding. After the ceremony, she finds her seat next to Sam who tells her how pretty she looks. Later that night, when he drops her off at her home he suggests he spends the night and she gently declines, though she would much rather he stay. After Sam is gone, she admits to herself that they will probably be definitely together by Christmas.

Wow that sounds terrible. I have to applaud the show's writers. It's not always perfect but it seems like it's a hell of a lot better than the source material.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Yea Alcide showed up just to simp
    HYSTERICAL!

• BoldChild
    Options
    What is this, I don't even.

Now they about to rescue sookie from a 5000 year old vamp?

Aight
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ERIC better not be dead
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited August 2013
    Options
    OH ? ! pam could fly............ I guess it's in their bloodline or some ? . I thought only ancient vamps could do that ? . I really hope they explain this ? lol.

Is eric dead?................... If he is all hell is gonna break loose with the female fans of the show.

Violet is 800 years old and she forced jason into a lesbian relationship lol!

I'm sure next season is gonna be the last now, all hell bout to break lose. The sanguinistas got to come out now because there is nothing holding them back. They got to explore fairies too.

Season finale explained by the writer of the episode:
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Eric might be leaving the show for a while.

This way, if he never comes back to the show, they can say he died, if he does come back, they can say he survived.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Eric might be leaving the show for a while.

This way, if he never comes back to the show, they can say he died, if he does come back, they can say he survived.
    You never know, that might be the case lol. But I called it some pages back that something was gonna happen to him. That whole scene of him snapping and looking all sad and ? last episode looked a little suspicious.
  • zombie
    Options
    OH ? ! pam could fly............ I guess it's in their bloodline or some ? . I thought only ancient vamps could do that ? . I really hope they explain this ? lol.

Is eric dead?................... If he is all hell is gonna break loose with the female fans of the show.

I'm sure next season is gonna be the last now, all hell bout to break lose. The sanguinistas got to come out now because there is nothing holding them back. They got to explore fairies too.

They already explained vamps flying. vampires fly like humans can sing, some can some can't the talent may flow from maker to child i think just like the talent of singing flows in some human families.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    jason stay getting strong armed by these hoes.

"staaaaaay simpiiiiinnnnnn" - Alcide

• PILL_COSBY
    edited August 2013
    Options
    To all you tera haters out there I have good news. Her mom might have had hep V in her system......
    zombie wrote: »

They already explained vamps flying. vampires fly like humans can sing, some can some can't the talent may flow from maker to child i think just like the talent of singing flows in some human families.
    Yeah it might be passed down. I'm thinking an ancient vamper that has obtained the power can pass it down. It seems like everybody connected to godric can fly. The others were old as ? that flew. Salome and russel were the only ones outside of them that flew.

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    weird ? finale. not bad by any means, but weird as hell.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    To all you tera haters out there I have good news. Her mom might have had hep V in her system......

Uhhh, I don't think that will be good for the Tera haters. We know that Hep V ? doesn't ? instantly, so if she is infected, which I got that vibe too, it will probably be a season of her returning to her old "Woe is me" ways. That's the very thing that all her haters hated about her.

Anyway, if they had ended the series on this episode, I would have been ok with it. They tied up all the loose ends and gave a reasonable future for all the characters. It was almost annoying when all the vamps popped up at the end. It means another season of inconsistent quality for this show.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    if tara has hep V, it also means that there will be a cure.

I dont' get it tho. Eric's sister died fairly quick from the Hep V, so what the ? how are these other ? living long enough to go ravaging through cities and really ? people up?

If Eric really died cause he was chilling naked in the mountains that would be a wack way from him to die. It would have been cooler if he just jumped his ass in snow and hide there until dark until night time.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    if tara has hep V, it also means that there will be a cure.

I dont' get it tho. Eric's sister died fairly quick from the Hep V, so what the ? how are these other ? living long enough to go ravaging through cities and really ? people up?

If Eric really died cause he was chilling naked in the mountains that would be a wack way from him to die. It would have been cooler if he just jumped his ass in snow and hide there until dark until night time.

Eric's sister was basically put on a Hep V IV. That pumped her full of that ? . That could be part of it. That said, they don't need to live long to ravage small towns. They are vampires and much faster and stronger than humans. They could basically run through a town and murder everyone over night, and then die the next day. As long as new vamps continue to be infected, there will always be someone to replace those who died.

I agree with you about Eric. Chances are they left it ambiguous for a reason. We've already seen Eric caught out in midday and still be fast enough to run somewhere and hide himself, so it's not out of the question that he did that. However, I don't think it's all that wack if he died like that. Sure it would be nice for him to go out in a blaze of glory but him getting caught in the sun when the daywalking powers disappeared actually makes sense.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tara mom poisoned her ???

Damn , that's deep
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They did Eric wrong in that death scene. He's gone, no coming back, fried in sun while sunbathing in the snow, took 'The Godric route'. Question is now......Where the ? is Pam?

I cant get how a wolf like Alcide is such a ? . Dude probably laid on the porch for 5 months 28 days before Sookie let him in the house....Bill's already trying to reclaim Sookie and 'Bright Eyes' aint gonna do ? .

Sam is the Nucky of Bon Temps.

Why is it that every Tara and her mom moment gotta be on some ''wade in the water' ? ?

There's gonna be a showdown next season between Jessica and Violet.....For Jason's nuts.

That's a great ending for ppl to look forward to the season premiere at least.

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm through I don't see why I watched this show. i'll watch this one last episode and let that be that. i'll just go back to watching blade. I never watched the spike tv series staring sticky fingaz though . I need to get into that.
  • zombie
    Options
    I really hop tara is not infected, her relationship with her mom is ? up enough already just let tara be happy for one season.