Pastor I.V. Billards needs your help to buy him new blades for his helicopter to preach the word.

Options
Ajackson17
Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
HOUSTON (FOX 26) -
There's is no question Bishop I. V. Billiard has built a religious empire at New Light Church in Houston. There are thousands of members with 6 locations including one in Austin.

This is the controversy that's sparking heated debates on social media. It's a news letter by Bishop Billiard sent to some members of New Light.

It tells members of the flock they would like to raise $50,000 to replace the blades on the church's helicopter. The letter goes on to tell those who donate $52 each will receive a blessing from ? . The letter from Billiard indicates if you donate they could received the transportation mode or car of their choice from ? ...That blessing would arrive in either 52 days or 52 weeks.

We spoke to this Houston couple who briefly attended New Light - they differ on the issue of donating to replace the blades on the helicopter.

Michelle says, "there are people out there who need that $50 for something else and transportation maybe he can get a company to donate it."

By the way, we're concealing their identities because they still have ties to New Light.

Roger says, "yeah I think it's a good idea if that's what it needs."

If you didn't know according to this newsletter New Light and Bishop Billiard actually have an aviation department at the church. Members say it's used to fly the Bishop and staff to multiple churches during Sunday services. After all there are six different locations.

Bishop Billiard's office responded to our request for a comment on this matter and they issued this statement:

New Light Church World Outreach and Worship Centers, Inc. regularly make appeals to Special Partners, Members and friends of the church for the support of various programs and services. Occasionally, it is not uncommon for an appeal to be directed toward specific Kingdom projects or specific needs. In this instance, the appeal was directed to our Special Partners and friends who are familiar with the Biblical principles upon which we base our faith. We sincerely regret if anyone was offended by this appeal in that it was not our intent.

Bishop Ira V. Billiard

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/22597791/2013/06/14/holy-helicopter-contribution#ixzz2WZcuFF6e

Bishop_IV_HILLIARD_TRANSPORTATION_SEED.jpg

His house

Bishop_I.V.Hilliard_Home_Pimppreacher.com1.jpg

And his support

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/category/246421/faceoff

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn that house look nice
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Based on his house he looks like he can afford to repair his helicopter
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    He is pulpit ? . That's what he does and that's how he makes his money. Eating real good with those slick suits. Jesus wasn't a broke man, but he gave and gave. These men just take and take.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    that house is sick....

the fukk are those guess houses or houses for the mistressses.

i always find it funny how pastors have the nerve to ask for money to make their life luxurious in the name of the bible...
    having aston martins, bentleys, jets and choppas an people struggling to give ten percent.

anything can happen in 52 days or52 weeks
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's not holding a gun to anyone's head.

If people can't really see what's going on then I don't have any sympathy for them at all.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the reasons i dont dip in my wallet when im in church.... where is my tithes really going? since i was a kid all the churches that i've attended the pastor's had nice cars and big houses hmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Yeah, the pastors are always looking nice while a lot of people are looking fugly. Now there are some good churches that help out everyone and take care of one another like a church is suppose to do, but it's getting ridiculous with these pastors.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is the will of "? " that his helicopter be clean as ? .
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm setting up a paypal.............

In the future, Bambu's favor will cost $49.95

• powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them houston preachers are a trip. The sad part is he's still going to get the money. This guy and joel olson, whose responsible for putting more ? in the compaq center seats than the rockets ever have, should really be ashamed of themselves.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them houston preachers are a trip. The sad part is he's still going to get the money. This guy and joel olson, whose responsible for putting more ? in the compaq center seats than the rockets ever have, should really be ashamed of themselves.

Did you have to take it there?
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2545545555.jpg

People are actually believing this nonsense. It was bad enough churches entertained the idea of putting ATMs in the buildings but this...smh. Why do you need an aviation department for a church anyway? Don't ask no questions right?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    joel olson?

i think people believe him more because hes soft spoken, white and has nice phrases.

i pray almost everyday but i have a problem with giving money directly to a church based on power struggles and lavish lifestyles.

if you comfortable will that make you deliver the word any better?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    i dont know whats worse....

the lottery or church.

they both sell you a dream based on the money you give them
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AHHHHH... MAN MAN MAN...

I HATE READING STUFF LIKE THIS...

DONT RIBB PEOPLE UP TALKING ABOUT ? IS GONE BLESS YOU IN 52 DAYS OR 52 WEEKS IF YOU FUND HIS HELO BLADES..? 'S BLESSINGS ARE NOT ON A TIME TABLE!!!

WAKING UP IS A BLESSING, SO IS THAT THE BLESSING THE PEOPLE HAVE IN MIND?

DONT MANIPULATE YOUR PEOPLE FOR FOOLISHNESS.. LOOKING AT HIS HOUSESIIZZEZ, HE CAN HAVE HIS OWN MONTHLY PAYMENT PLAN FOR HIS BLADES TO COME OUT HIS OWN ACCOUNT
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When are people going to realize that preachers are nothing more than middle men you pay to get close to the most high? You don't have to go to church to have a relationship with ? .

• nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This dude ain't nothing but a hustler/? . I don't see how any person w/ eyes and a functioning brain could fall for these shenanigans.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First Joel Osteen now this ? ? It's a ? -O-Gold in Houston, just be a preacher and the fools will pay for your dreams.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When are people going to realize that preachers are nothing more than middle men you pay to get close to the most high? You don't have to go to church to have a relationship with ? .

NO SIGN YOUR WHOLE POST...

PREACHERS BRING YOU THE WORD OF ? AND TEACHES IT TO YOU.. CAN YOU DO IT ON YOUR OWN?.. SURE, ITS POSSIBLE BUT PREACHERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE JESUS'S DICIPLES.. THE SAME APPLIE THEN AS IT DOES TODAY...

YES, YOU CAN HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH ? ON YOUR OWN, BUT IF U ARE TRUELY A BELIEVER, YOU WOULD NATURALLY WANT TO GATHER WITH OTHERS THAT BELIEVE WHAT U BELIEVE, TO HELP BUILD EACH OTHER UP, AND TO HAVE SOMEONE TO STUDY THE WORD OF ? WITH.. CORRECT?
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    First Joel Osteen now this ? ? It's a ? -O-Gold in Houston, just be a preacher and the fools will pay for your dreams.
    @twatgetta
    Did joel osteen do something? ( i mean other then being rich)

and that ? looks more like a compound not a house

• twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Etherous point. Becuz only ? , ? and Crackas go to church on Sunday.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stupid brainwashed muthafuckas follow this ? to ghana and make sure yall drink his grape kool aid.