Comments

• goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear UPS is hiring
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    goldenja wrote: »
    I hear UPS is hiring

I applied there, you have to be a dropout to even be considered. Any sign of intelligence and you won't get hired,
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    goldenja wrote: »
    I hear UPS is hiring

I applied there, you have to be a dropout to even be considered. Any sign of intelligence and you won't get hired,

what?! that's crazy!
    I have an appointment/walk thru tomorrow at 4am
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psychology major here.

Grad school or bust, lol. I've known since before entering college there is almost nothing I can do with a bachelor's in the field. This is one of those majors with a panoply of opportunities when you get a master's, and especially with a Ph.D. (which is what I'm shooting for).
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Little JJ wrote: »
    Glad Sociology and Communications arent on there.

doesn't really matter what an article says. it's still just as hard to find a job. communications is a pretty generic degree as well.

I mean I plan to either go into Radio or the promotions business so I feel that the degree compliments my aspirations.

You'd be surprised how much majors like communications can help to get you in the front door when it comes to industry internships.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    i plan on becoming a police officer and entry level in chicago is 44k and then jumps to 61k after a year. and then almost 66k after 18 months. im just plan on being a FBI agent
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i plan on becoming a police officer and entry level in chicago is 44k and then jumps to 61k after a year. and then almost 66k after 18 months. im just plan on being a FBI agent

You a young Carl Winslow
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psychology major here.

Grad school or bust, lol. I've known since before entering college there is almost nothing I can do with a bachelor's in the field. This is one of those majors with a panoply of opportunities when you get a master's, and especially with a Ph.D. (which is what I'm shooting for).

grad school is free if you can manage to graduate with a 3.0

@mikeydagawd

https://www.fbijobs.gov/111.asp

Accounting
    Computer Science/Information Technology
    Language
    Law
    Diversified

you need 1 of these 5 degree's to be FBI my brotha...It's already hard enough to get into the FBI because of the initial test, my ? was special forces and had a law degree and didnt get in, he did go far into the process though and decided to do capital police instead
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psychology major here.

say what?! is that just for psychology?
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psychology major here.

thats for all majors. they dont want to tell you ? like that though so you pay and stay in debt. all school past your first degree is free if you can keep up a 3.0

I had a professor school my whole class one day and show us how.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psychology major here.

thats for all majors. they dont want to tell you ? like that though so you pay and stay in debt. all school past your first degree is free if you can keep up a 3.0

I had a professor school my whole class one day and show us how.

You have to show me how brah
  • cheezymofo
    cheezymofo Members Posts: 8
    English is the GOAT major.
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    cheezymofo wrote: »
    English is the GOAT major.
    You cant be serious
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    Its sad I see no mentions of anything health related. Thats where the jobs are. I have my Masters in Occupational Therapy and since I graduated I receive calls and emails weekly from Head hunters. O yeah, I graduated in 06. Look into the Health Sciences fellas. The money is great, prestige not 2 bad and most importantly the job market is in your favor.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    aneed123 wrote: »
    honestly no major is worth getting a bunch of loans...unless u a doctor/engineer/MIS/COMPUTER science where ur salary will allow u to pay on em.... most of the majors listed u gotta at least get a masters in and grad school has no financial aide.... no one starting out in the $20,000 - 28,000 entry level position of a job with only their bachelors and no work experience fresh out of school is gonna be able to afford a $300 a month student loan payment along with utilities, rent, car note , cell phone etc... when u get out of school reality is a ?

Anyone who comes out of school paying that much is an idiot. There's plenty ways to have it deferred or adjusted to whatever your income is. They don't just pull a random number out their ass to charge you. I know people paying as little as $10 a month on their student loans
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accounting ? stay winning.
  • Feelin_Foolay
    Feelin_Foolay Members Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    I'm in marketing about to graduate this spring. Is there any hope for me? I want to get into the promotions and advertising creation side. I feel like a startup company would be a good place to start off at. Problem is I live in the DC area and the NYC area really has a lot more opportunities. A lot of people say that I need to be headed into an MBA but, Ive spent the last 4 years busting my ass. I want to actually make some money before heading for another degree.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Engineering is a great major to have. So many different avenues someone can venture off to. Truthfully speaking engineering does not boom money-wise in Louisiana. Thinking on going elsewhere to another state. Get a master's degree in material science. Then work on my Professional Engineering license.
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my major is sociology

waste of a bachelors degree. I had job in the human services field while pursuing my degree and when I went to apply for human/social services positions at mid level they told me my pregrad work experience didn't count and I would have to start at entry level. The saddest part was when I applied for entry level positions I was either over qualified or I didn't have enough experience and needed to further my degree