Xbox One Does A 180 (Or 360?) No DRM, Used Game Restrictions, Region Locking, Or Internet Required.

Comments

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    That's not that different from what Sony is doing honestly. If I'm not mistaken, they actually bought out a cloud based company a while before the PS4 was even announced. I think the two companies are trying to do the same thing. Sony was just more proactive in leaving the door open for people who didn't want to go that route.

Cloud saves/streaming and Cloud computing are two different things. The Gaikai thing is mostly about Sony wanting to be able to stream PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4 games to Vita and let saves/profiles be accessed from anywhere as well as cross platform play. Cloud computing does all that, but also provides unlimited processing power, on the fly, regardless of hardware. Only Google, Micro$oft and I think Amazon have this tech.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    That's not that different from what Sony is doing honestly. If I'm not mistaken, they actually bought out a cloud based company a while before the PS4 was even announced. I think the two companies are trying to do the same thing. Sony was just more proactive in leaving the door open for people who didn't want to go that route.

You're talking about Gaikai. That's nothing like what Microsoft plan to do with the cloud.

What's the difference? *

* you have one minute to answer or we know you google and copy and paste the info *

MS are doing that thing where the cloud will do a lot of the work freeing up the Xbox to run other stuff.

In basic terms.
  • Karl.
    Focus will tell you.
  • EqMcfly
    EqMcfly Members Posts: 12
    They still lost a bit of the steam they had only to backpedal now. PS4 for me.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »

Cloud saves/streaming and Cloud computing are two different things. The Gaikai thing is mostly about Sony wanting to be able to stream PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4 games to Vita and let saves/profiles be accessed from anywhere. Cloud computing does all that, but also provides unlimited processing power, on the fly, regardless of hardware. Only Google, Micro$oft and I think Amazon have this tech.

Oh ok, my mistake.
  • Karl.

Cloud saves/streaming and Cloud computing are two different things. The Gaikai thing is mostly about Sony wanting to be able to stream PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4 games to Vita and let saves/profiles be accessed from anywhere. Cloud computing does all that, but also provides unlimited processing power, on the fly, regardless of hardware. Only Google, Micro$oft and I think Amazon have this tech.

Oh ok, my mistake.

You're making a lot of them lately.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Microsoft Preparing to Go on the Offensive with Free Xbox Live?
    By EGM Staff
    Posted on June 22, 2013 AT 12:34pm

gold2.jpg

A day after the blockbuster news, first reported by Giant Bomb, that Microsoft was orchestrating a full retreat from their original plans to limit user access to content and require daily connectivity to their servers to play games, EGM has learned from a source that the company is now contemplating additional moves to create parity with Sony’s PlayStation 4.

One of these considerations—which the source said is being discussed—is to bundle the Xbox One with a free period of Xbox Live Gold and provide other incentives that, in light of Sony’s announcement that they will begin charging for online multiplayer, would bridge the price difference between the two consoles. “The cost [of Xbox One] will be comparable to PlayStation 4 after all the multiplayer costs are factored in,” the source indicated.

All of these moves come in the wake of one of the worst brand launches since New Coke. “Xbox One was getting killed last week,” explained another insider with knowledge of pre-order activity at a smaller mass-market retail chain. “The pre-order figures were heavily favoring PlayStation 4 in the days after E3.” This type of consumer sentiment could have put Microsoft at risk of losing the next-gen console battle before it even began.

According to the source, Microsoft hopes that Xbox One users will ultimately choose to embrace many of the features that caused concern after the system’s unveiling. “[They] still believe strongly that their original business model contains many revolutionary features that consumers can be incentivized to adopt or that consumers will activate on their own,” the source revealed.

Time, as it always does, will tell if this new approach yields the results that Microsoft originally hoped for with the Xbox One and their broader strategies.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/console-wars-is-microsoft-preparing-to-go-on-the-offensive-with-free-xbox-live/

If this wasn't just a 1yr free thing I'd get a 1.... Microsoft was getting beat 4:1 its still getting beat (there's mor countries than the US).
    I was hoping it would say live is completely free.
    Bruh you can't run a secure and stable infrastructure for free ...Sony learned that
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not like ps3 online lagged it ran just fine didnt really worry about security bc the card that was logged onto it was a gift card.

Alot of you are overrating the cloud computing it might allow for better ai but it won't help with textures it might help with lighting and more bots but its not going to have infinite power... It's not even being utilized by most games on launch.. Only 1 game is using it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh ok, my mistake.

You're making a lot of them lately.

lol Ok
  • Karl.
    It's not like ps3 online lagged it ran just fine didnt really worry about security bc the card that was logged onto it was a gift card.

Alot of you are overrating the cloud computing it might allow for better ai but it won't help with textures it might help with lighting and more bots but its not going to have infinite power... It's not even being utilized by most games on launch.. Only 1 game is using it.

Why do you keep bringing up Sony? This is an Xbox thread.
  • BlackxChild

He stated something about free online gaming so I answered. The most live and ps+ should cost is $20 bucks a year and both companies would still make good profits but they've also added ? no one wants.
  • Karl.

He stated something about free online gaming so I answered. The most live and ps+ should cost is $20 bucks a year and both companies would still make good profits but they've also added ? no one wants.

How did you come up with this figure. Please share your research with us.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One does not include headset

Microsoft confirms chat headset for next-gen console will be sold separately, though pricing not divulged.

Gamers who buy an Xbox One this holiday will not find the redesigned headset in the box, Microsoft has confirmed with Ars Technica. Players will have voice options from day-one, though, in the form of the system's built in Kinect unit.

"Xbox One does not include a pack-in headset accessory," a Microsoft representative said.

"Each Xbox One includes the new Kinect sensor, with a highly sensitive multi-array microphones designed to enable voice inputs and chat as a system-level capability, both in-game and with Skype and other experiences. For gamers who prefer a headset, we have a variety of offerings that you can find on the Xbox Wire."

Some of these offerings include headsets and sound systems from Turtle Beach and Polk Audio.

The new Xbox One headset is similar in appearance to the existing product for the Xbox 360. It is wired to the controller and is designed for "long gaming sessions and clear voice chat," Microsoft said.

The mono chat headset sports wideband digital audio and a unidirectional microphone. In addition, players will be able to access mute and volume controls without taking their hands off the controller.

A price for the Xbox One headset was not divulged.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-does-not-include-headset-6410685

I bolded the important ? for the non-readers.
  • John_Blazini
    These ? fuckas...I have turtle beaches but was hoping for a free back up
  • Karl.
    These ? fuckas...I have turtle beaches but was hoping for a free back up

I'm hearing Turtle beaches won't be compatible next gen?
  • John_Blazini
    Says in this article they will be..I have wireless joints so hopefully they.work
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? that Kinect ? b. I don't want ? to hear me fap between games or lobbies
  • John_Blazini
    ? use to use that xbox camera to show case tables of singles and guns lol...can't imagine with the kinect in every home

*haloelitesniper has sent you a home movie of his wife*
  • BlackxChild

How did you come up with this figure. Please share your research with us.

Bc I've managed my own online server through another company it wasn't cloud based but when I did it it was most likely more expensive. I did it to manage a website upload big video files and images for graphic arts and then I was going to get into 3d modeling to create my own MOD using the unreal engine. That ? shouldn't be that expensive.
  • Karl.
    This dude is ? with my mind.
  • BlackxChild
    KIM JONG-UN WANTS NORTH KOREA TO HAVE ITS OWN VERSION OF THE XBOX ONE TO MONITOR PEOPLE EASIER

June 19, 2013 The supreme leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-un, reportedly has requested his technology staff to make their own version of the Xbox One after seeing how easy it is to monitor the people with the console.

There have been many complaints with the Xbox One including checking in online every 24 hours and with Microsofts participation in the United States PRISM surveillance program, many are worried that the Xbox One, with its Kinect camera, could become a monitoring machine. This is all good news for North Koreas Kim Jong-un as all of those features are positives to him.

Details about this new endeavor came from a leak within North Koreas technology department and have been released by South Korean officials in an attempt to bring about awareness to the North Korean regime. Passages related to the Xbox One have been reposted with permission here:

One North Korean official advised Kim Jong-un that if an American company can sell such an intrusive device to Americans, then North Korea can easily mandate that every North Korean use a free Xbox One device. Everyone will want to use one as it has many television features that North Koreans will be glad to have. At this point, North Korean officials described the device as a television machine rather than a video game console.

[...]

When looking over the product details of the Xbox One, Kim Jong-un was fascinated with the mandatory Kinect camera. He said it was brilliant that the Xbox One required the camera to be turned on in order for the television machine to work. With its built-in microphone, bugging every home in North Korea has never been so easy said the leader.

Furthermore, the mandatory check-in every 24 hours ensures that no one disconnects the device from their home under the threat of being forced into slave labor. This ensures every single citizen will be under constant monitoring, but most importantly they will be happy watching many television programs and saying how happy they are living in North Korea while the microphone captures every word.

Kim Jong-un also allegedly attempted to reach Microsoft directly to buy the Xbox One product designs as-is as there were no modifications that needed to be made in order to suit the North Korean regime.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/kim-jong-un-wants-north-korea-to-have-its-own-version-of-the-xbox-one-to-monitor-people-easier/
  • BlackxChild
    KIM JONG-UN WANTS NORTH KOREA TO HAVE ITS OWN VERSION OF THE XBOX ONE TO MONITOR PEOPLE EASIER

June 19, 2013 The supreme leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-un, reportedly has requested his technology staff to make their own version of the Xbox One after seeing how easy it is to monitor the people with the console.

There have been many complaints with the Xbox One including checking in online every 24 hours and with Microsofts participation in the United States PRISM surveillance program, many are worried that the Xbox One, with its Kinect camera, could become a monitoring machine. This is all good news for North Koreas Kim Jong-un as all of those features are positives to him.

Details about this new endeavor came from a leak within North Koreas technology department and have been released by South Korean officials in an attempt to bring about awareness to the North Korean regime. Passages related to the Xbox One have been reposted with permission here:

One North Korean official advised Kim Jong-un that if an American company can sell such an intrusive device to Americans, then North Korea can easily mandate that every North Korean use a free Xbox One device. Everyone will want to use one as it has many television features that North Koreans will be glad to have. At this point, North Korean officials described the device as a television machine rather than a video game console.

[...]

When looking over the product details of the Xbox One, Kim Jong-un was fascinated with the mandatory Kinect camera. He said it was brilliant that the Xbox One required the camera to be turned on in order for the television machine to work. With its built-in microphone, bugging every home in North Korea has never been so easy said the leader.

Furthermore, the mandatory check-in every 24 hours ensures that no one disconnects the device from their home under the threat of being forced into slave labor. This ensures every single citizen will be under constant monitoring, but most importantly they will be happy watching many television programs and saying how happy they are living in North Korea while the microphone captures every word.

Kim Jong-un also allegedly attempted to reach Microsoft directly to buy the Xbox One product designs as-is as there were no modifications that needed to be made in order to suit the North Korean regime.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/kim-jong-un-wants-north-korea-to-have-its-own-version-of-the-xbox-one-to-monitor-people-easier/
  • BlackxChild

personal_trollface_hd.pngdont mess with trolls
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure he took millions upon millions of traffic hits across the network every second into account when he was laying out his petty infrastructure lmao. Idiot.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this cloud ? eliminates player hosts and everything runs smoothly, Xbox One might be GOAT at online again. This player host ? is disgusting. ? ? lagging, ? everybody else up, and ? ? quitting, ? the game up...? is annoying.