(Let's have a little fun)...the MJ/KB24/LBJ triangle through the world of DBZ

Options
124»

Comments

• Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AnseBtw would Lebrons signature dunk be Kamehameha or Manseko?
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    OK, OK, I hear you all. Let me address some things:

1) Since LeBron's pass-first game is most derived from Magic, and MJ is known for signature slams, it's assumed that LeBron tomahawk jam would be an equal match to a Kamehameha known more has his signature blast of force and energy to beat his opponents, all while looking like originating from his "father". (which is actually adopted from his own mentor...fancy that.)

michael-jordan-o.gifgoku-kamehameha-o.gif

lebron-steal-and-slam-o.gifgohan-kamehameha-o.gif

2) I'm working on D-Wade. Problem is, this will be very hard to find someone in the DBZ universe who has a hint of his physical traits, mannerisms, and past that could be related to Wade.

3) Making Melo more like Trunks instead of Westbrook was a hard choice. In the end, I had to go with the fact that we've only seen one version of Westbrook - his current Thunder days. Not so with Melo, as his college/early Nugget years come closer to Future Trunks, and his scoring title battle with KD this past season seems like a boys rivarly suitable to a Goten vs. Trunks showdown. This rationale actually comes closer to the "Batman vs. Robin" debate that continuously goes on in ThunderWorld. With KD vs. Westbrook, most of us already know who the better guy is there; with KD vs. Melo, it's a toss-up - just like Goten vs. Trunks as kids.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Options
    Allergens wrote: »
    I got a hard one for yall(n/h)...who is david stern

Shenron
  • Miltown Marauder
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    And for my best....at least who I ? with best:

d9c9672379ada0c16cb7f926387f5fcf.jpg?itok=T61NZVVtshenron.JPG

Kareem/The Eternal Dragon
    The ? of this ? . The one everyone summons to get something of value from, either a wish or a co-sign. He's the one EVERYONE in the universe bows down to. His apparances alter the world somehow and his impact on their universe is inmeasurable. The cool thing is; there's two different versions of this guy we know about. The one we'll intro'd is totally different, but the one we're all know (Shenron/Milwaukee Kareem). However, we find out there's a totally different version of him, with actual ties to the Magic/Piccolo character (LA Laker Kareem/Porunga).

Even still, only the Goku/MJ character can compare with this guy, and while most people will NEVER admit this, this dude hold all the cards and the records.

I don't agree with this one. like I said, Stern should be Shenron because all of them (Kobe/MJ/Bron,ect ) want to get to him to be granted (Chip). He rules all and the only way to be granted is Dragonballs (playoff wins)
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You might have to throw GT characters in for some of the other players.... And Dr.J=Bardock not Superman
  • Mister B.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    You might have to throw GT characters in for some of the other players.... And Dr.J=Bardock not Superman
    That was my 2nd choice for him - being the father to the MJ/Goku character.

This has more appeal, and if you saw the Dr. J special, it fits him a little better. Dr.J had SUPERIOR ability on the floor/battlefield and was the king of the ABA just as Supes is pretty much the dude in DC, whereas Bardock was just a scientist and a below-average fighter (as explained by Vegeta).

Stern would probably be more King Yemma then Shenron, but I see why you'd want him as Shenron.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? bias would of been broly, rip.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    *deleted post*
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Since I can't sleep (and technically don't have to...I'm a teacher off for the summer), let's just keep the party goin:

act_greg_oden.jpgandroid16.jpg

Greg Oden/Android 16
    A big doofy-looking dude. Seems like he really could've been scary, but we never had the chance to find out. He got destroyed before we ever had a chance to seem him fight/play outside of one battle/a handful of games. Sucks, too. At least in the video games he he's a force to be reckoned with.

Speaking of Androids....

261.png&w=350&h=254180px-CellPerfectEp170.png

KG/Cell
    Built like a machine. All his techniques derived from the best part of several true warriors' genetic make-up, making him the PERFECT weapon. Plus, he has the ability to fight any style/play any position using any one of the skills he has. Pretty damn good in his first form (T-Wolves KG/1st form Cell), but we see his TRUE potential once he joins up with other lifeforms. (Ray Allen & Paul Pierce/Androids 17 & 18). THEN he becomes nearly unstoppable, even manages to put the whole world on its heels and at his feet. Problem with this guy is, once that happens, he gets an even bigger ego than the Kobe/Vegeta character, even though he DID kinda smack THAT guy around for a bit (Super Vegeta vs. Perfect Cell's 1st fight/2008 NBA Finals), but all that trash talking and gloating he does proves to be his undoing.

It's also worth nothing that this guy is the driving force that pushes the LeBron/Gohan character to his 1st state of maximum power, and is the reason for the LBJ/Gohan's nearly unstoppable time. Hell, the LeBron/Gohan ends up beating this dude so bad that he literally dislodges one of the lifeforms from the KG/Cell character, and has that person jump to THEIR side. DAMN. (Ray Allen goin to Miami/Android 18 being knocked out of Cell)

That.
    was,
    Beautiful
  • Mister B.
    Options
    If you want to compare Collins to someone, I got the perfect guy

jason-collins.jpghqdefault.jpg

Jason Collins/Caroni
    What else can I say here?
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Much props to the TS.
    I expected typical reach descriptions only to find great comparisons
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    David stern is King Yemma
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mister B.
    Options
    kAjUn wrote: »
    @Mister.B

Who's wilt?

Hmmm.....don't know.

I'll try to do Wilt AND D-Wade later.
  • Mister B.
    edited July 2013
    Options
    kAjUn wrote: »
    @Mister.B

Who's wilt?
    If Bill Russell is Frieza, Wilt can only be one person....

fifty-years-ago-today-wilt-chamberlain-set-a-record-that-may-never-be-broken.jpg2535252049_65f2eaff00.jpg

Wilt/Cooler
    The "brother" of the Bill Russell/Frieza character, this mo fo is actually bigger, stronger, and far more dangerous. On the field of battle, he was pretty much 2nd to none in total ? ....except for the MJ/Goku character, that is. (even though MJ and Wilt never faced off). Nevertheless, we link these two together for how effortlessly he seem to just run over everyone else at will.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im not a big DB fan but this is good thread
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    We need more threads like this here. Intelligent. Takes their time to explain. Well thought out. Amen my brother.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do y'all ? embarrass y'all selves with these wack ass comparison?

you gotta understand Basketball appeals to even my grandfather.

DBZ don't, stop it.