Meet the jury that will free.....i mean preside over the Zimmerman trial

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
All 6 are women.

5 white
1 black OR Hispanic

2 of the women the prosecution did not want on the jury but the defense got them in the end.

5 are mothers

3 are gun owners.

Also, 4 alternates are being selected as well.

Hmmm. Interesting. Not liking this jury early on.

B-29: A Hispanic nurse on an Alzheimer's ward who has several children and lived in Chicago at the time of shooting. She’s married. She said she doesn't watch the news, preferring reality television: “Right when we got here, I got cable... I love my reality shows.” During jury selection, she said she was arrested once in Chicago.

B-76: A white, middle-aged woman who said Zimmerman had an “altercation with the young man. There was a struggle and the gun went off.” Has been married 30 years, and is unemployed. She formerly worked with her husband in his construction company. Her 28-year-old son is an attorney in Seminole County. She also has a daughter, 26, has been a victim of non-violent crime and rescues “a lot of pets.” The state tried to strike her, but was denied.

B-37: A middle-aged white woman who has worked for a chiropractor for 16 years and has many pets. She described protests in Sanford as “rioting.” Her husband is an attorney. She has two daughters: A 24-year-old dog groomer and a 27-year-old who attends the University of Central Florida. B-37 used to have concealed weapons permit, but let it lapse. Her husband also has one.

B-51: A retired white woman from Oviedo who has a dog and 20-year-old cat. She knew a good deal about the case, but said “I'm not rigid in my thinking.” She has been in Seminole County for nine years, is unmarried and has no kids. B-51 previously lived in Atlanta, and used to work in real estate. She also ran a call center in Brevard County which she said had 1,200 employees.

E-6: A young white woman and mother who used to work in financial services. She used this case as an example to her two adolescent children, warning them to not go out at night. She has lived in Seminole County for eight years, and is married to an engineer. E-6 was arrested in Brevard County, but said she “was treated completely fairly.” Her husband has guns. The state tried to strike her from the jury, but was denied.

E-40: A white woman in her 60s who lived in Iowa at the time of the shooting. She heard national news reports and recalls the shooting was in a gated community and a teenager was killed. She described herself as a safety officer, is married to a chemical engineer and loves football. She has a 28-year-old son who’s out of work. She said she’s very well versed in cell phone technology, and has been a victim of crime.

Here are the alternates.

These are the alternates:

E-54: A middle-aged white man with a teenage stepson who wears hoodies. He recalled seeing photos of Zimmerman's head and face that show injuries. E-54 loves golf and genealogy, and said he’s been married for five years to a technical engineer. He grew up in Seminole County and has a teenage stepson.

B-72: A young, possibly Hispanic man who does maintenance at a school and competes in arm wrestling tournaments. He said he avoids the news because he does not want to be “brainwashed.” B-72 grew up in Chicago, is single and an alumni of Phi Beta Kappa. He is very physically active, having participated in high school football, track and weightlifting. Of arm-wrestling he said, “I could talk about it all day.”

E-13: A young white woman who goes to college and works two jobs, one of them as a surgical assistant. She heard the shooting was a “racial thing.” She said she could be a fair juror “just because I don't really know that much.” She is single, has lived in Seminole County for 17 years and attends church. She also owns and rides horses.

E-28: A middle-aged white woman who has worked as a nurse for 26 years. She knew little about the case and has no opinion about Zimmerman's guilt. She has lived in Seminole County since 1985, and has been married for 28 years; her husband is a teacher. Has two adult children: 27, 23 yo kids, theme park.

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He gonna walk. A very favorable jury to Zimmerman
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Likes Juror "E-40," for obvious reasons. Note for nothing, (if Zimmerman walks, which I hope he doesn't) it's because the Seminole County D.A.'s office overcharged his punk ass. This is Florida's Murder 2 Statue:

The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree and constitutes a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0782/Sections/0782.04.html

A conviction hinges upon the prosecutions ability to prove the underlined. When exactly during this fight did Zimmerman "evince a depraved mind?" In other words when did show he had zero ? to give? ? really don't have an understanding of the standards of proof and what "not guilty," means. The prosecution has to show during trial that Zimmerman beyond a REASONABLE DOUBT that Zimmerman showed a depraved indifference during this unfortunate encounter. While the defense only has to show that he didn't commit the charge in the indictment or go with that "Stand Your Ground Law" which reads

A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great ? harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony. http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.013.html

Both sides can use this argument because both of Trayvon and Zimmerman had an right to be on the property, neither had a duty to retreat, and both had a right to use force to protect themselves. Personally, if some random muthafucka approached I would have reacted in a less than hospitable way.

This what Zimmerman should have been charged with:

782.07 Manslaughter; aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult; aggravated manslaughter of a child; aggravated manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an emergency medical technician, or a paramedic.—
    (1) The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder, according to the provisions of this chapter, is manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

or

3) A person who causes the death of any person under the age of 18 by culpable negligence under s. 827.03(3) commits aggravated manslaughter of a child, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Under the criteria in these statues a conviction would have been all but guaranteed. Would Zimmerman got hit with a life bid? No, but he would have got convicted for crime he committed. See this is where the game gets really ? up. If there is an acquittal, muthafuckas are going to typical "blame the jury and defense," but the blame and racism lies with the Seminole County District Attorney's office. They knew from jump that a getting a conviction on murder charge would be hard as ? and they would be doing too much, but they not giving a ? lives of black men, caved to the pressure coming from overly emotional negroes, but ? don't see that far ahead in the game. You indict people on what you can prove in court, not on what you think they did, and you definitely don't indict folks due to public pressure. The fix was from jump and ? are culpable.

Indicting Zimmerman on a manslaughter charge, the D.A. would have been able to argue that Zimmerman used and "imperfect defense." In other words, considering this was merely a street fight, he hella overacted. I haven't followed this case very closely, but it saddens me because this muthafucka might walk because the subtle racism of Seminole County D.A.'s office and the part that we as black people unwittingly played in it. I want to see Zimmerman go to jail for taking that kid from us and causing Trayvon's family so much grief and despair, but considering that D.A. is already behind the 8 ball, I find it very unlikely that will happen.