Who is actually going to pick up the Ouya next week?

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how do the roms run?
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anybody who wants this is probably gonna have to pick one up off of ebay
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homeboy copped one from GameStop today. Someone cancelled their preorder last minute. Lucky ? , saw it in action ? cool af
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of the Roms depend on the emulator, for example the default Sega emulator MD.emu can't run NBA jam tournament edition

Good thing is that for the most part the Roms are fine. If there's any in particular I can try them out for you
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I preordered mine. It seems people actually are interested in this. Picking it up Saturday.

I wonder how easy it is to upgrade the hardware?
  • earth two superman
    check how castlevania 3 runs on an NES emu. For some reason, that one always gave me trouble.
  • Karl.
    Just setting mine now. Will let you know how it is.
  • Karl.
    Controller takes a little while to sync.

Just downloaded some roms. Not too sure what I'm doing. Shouldn't be too difficult.
  • Karl.
    edited June 2013
    So sick. Thanks to this I can finally play Yoshi's Island for the first time. Plays so well.

You can sync your old wiimotes with the thing too.

Edit: Game sucks
  • CJ
    Yeah you can sync any Bluetooth controller I think.

My homeboy just uses 4shared through the browser to download his roms/apps w/o even connecting to his pc.

I'm getting one soon as they available again.
  • Karl.
    edited June 2013
    CJ wrote: »
    Yeah you can sync any Bluetooth controller I think.

My homeboy just uses 4shared through the browser to download his roms/apps w/o even connecting to his pc.

I'm getting one soon as they available again.

That method sounds good. How do you do it?

I've been using a memory stick with my PC.
  • Karl.
    There is ? lag with the controls when playing roms. Do you think it's because I'm playing them off a USB stick?
  • CJ
    That may be why, 4shared is an app & site I believe he just types in what android app has to be apk file & downloads it straight to the console unless I misunderstood him.
  • IceManKam
    @Karl. @CJ
    I use ES File Explorer...download the apk to a flash drive, find it on ES and since the Ouya is Android-based it automatically recognizes the apk as an app to be installed

All apps are playable through the Make tab

Yeah the stock controller sucks, sometimes buttons won't registered. I was playing Saturday Morning RPG (pretty solid game btw) and some of the face buttons wouldn't register

& earth two Castlevania III runs perfectly imo everything smooth
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you bluetooth sync the dualshock 3?
  • IceManKam
    @Bcotton5

Yeah, just plug it up to the Ouya via usb cord, cut the system off, and when you turn it back on the controller is automatically synced with it

This little box is killer once people start learning how to do stuff with it
  • Karl.
    Yea. I need some more time to figure out how to work it properly. I upload my games/apps to Dropbox and then download them onto the ouya via a Dropbox app.

Anyone found a decent website for roms?
  • CJ
    coolroms is the best from what i hear
  • Karl.
    Super Mario Allstars plays well. Getting a bit of input lag from Super Mario World though.
  • Karl.
    Actually I think it was my new OLED LG TV causing the lag. I'm playing it on my old LCD Panasonic TV now and it's fine.

Apparently you can switch it to "game mode" or something?
  • earth two superman
    edited July 2013
    ive learned that if your TV has a gaming mode, use it. I didnt want to at first because it was annoying to turn it off when I watch a movie or blu ray (it lowers the 1080p quality slightly), but it was worth it. I can imagine for roms, it should be absolutely critical.

props to kameron for being the ouya guinea pig
  • Karl.
    I'm yet to find a decent N64 rom. They all sound like a ? Skrillex track when I try to play them.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok since I was the first to make a thread about the Ouya (at least I think I was), what is y'all overall perception of the console? If someone were to ask you yes or no "Is it worth the purchase", what answer would you give?

W/o hesitation or explanation.
  • Karl.
    I'd say its definitely worth a purchase.
  • biggpmm
    biggpmm Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
    I never knew exactly what this ouya was, but now that I know it's just a system for emulators and roms I think it's a waste of time and money at least for me. I have these on my android phone.