Embrace me as your King and as your ? ...............

bambu
bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Atheist Seeking U.S. Citizenship, Told To Join Church Or Be Denied

margaret-doughty.jpg

Margaret Doughty, an atheist and permanent U.S. resident for more than 30 years, was told by immigration authorities this month that she has until Friday to officially join a church that forbids violence or her application for naturalized citizenship will be rejected.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/19/margaret-doughty-atheist-citizenship_n_3469358.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

49af6c4e558a7569d80eee2e035e2bd7-3.jpg

Comments

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The church is wrong for this. If you have to force people in your beliefs, than something is wrong with your beliefs and are probably ? wrong.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Da ? ? Where on the naturalization application does it ask about religion? Cause I miss the question.....
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    religious people are some of the most ? up people in the world
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    The church is wrong for this. If you have to force people in your beliefs, than something is wrong with your beliefs and are probably ? wrong.
    As soon as a lot of people start agreeing on something, I start looking for the other side of the coin.
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BA talkin in riddles again
  • BiblicalAtheist
    I can't even help it sometimes, ? just doesn't come out any other way.
  • Ajackson17
    .IRS. wrote: »
    As soon as a lot of people start agreeing on something, I start looking for the other side of the coin.
    .IRS. wrote: »
    I can't even help it sometimes, ? just doesn't come out any other way.

Don't worry IRS I understand you and I always look at the flip side to things to see if something is wrong with it. There always should be a fusion of things and supported by facts and backing, but when you have nothing and still pushes it forward, that's when I move out of the way. I feel that about christianity and islam. They force people to believe, but if it's the truth than people will naturally go to it. But they keep saying humans are so evil and despicable than we further ourselves from it.

But if we constantly see ? and brutality from those religions than why wouldn't it push a logical person back. Logic says if we are you coming with a sword and want me to follow your beliefs it's best to believe it's violent and a hostile and cruel belief.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Amen brother, amen.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

...what did the church do?
  • Ajackson17
    Perfect wrote: »

Forcing her to become a member of them.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Perfect wrote: »

Forcing her to become a member of them.

Not to be splitting hairs but it's the immigration/naturalization dept. asking her not a church. Since then she has been approved, but that was a church and state warning there. Now that being said I couldn't agree more about religion AJ.