Official TITANFALL Thread

1111213141517»

Comments

• nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I copped the game on the release date, but I just started playing yesterday (been playing Dark Souls 2). Is it bad that I'm already kinda getting bored w/ it?
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I love this ? .

Y'all tripping.

lol. Co-sign.

I'm on Gen 4 now, still dope to me. I like how Regenerating has specific challenges to it, unlike Prestige. When you see someone with a higher rank in Titanfall you know its because of skill and not simply time put in.

The game could use more modes, but lets be real...the main ones that everyone always plays are already there. The only ones really missing are Search and Destroy, Headquarters and Free For All/? Confirmed.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    ? still dope to me. It does however need more guns and titans. Just hit Generation 2.

Im Generation 4 but I don't play as much as I could.

I barely get to play. I be so busy with work, helping my son with homework and his soccer practice and games on Saturday I barely find the time to play.
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    How does the Generation thing work?
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    need more content already man
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea the port compares to call of duty ghost... just shinier and more texturized.
  • The Prodigalson
    During their PAX East panel today, Respawn announced that they're working on new modes for Titanfall. These updates, in addition to other micro updates that they've already been working on, will be completely free to owners of the game.

The first mode they're working on is a two-on-two version of the already-existing Last Titan Standing mode. They're working on new Burn Cards, too, contained to various themes like Titan upgrades.

One of the other micro updates they mentioned during the panel is a new way to match with other Titanfall players. It's a hashtag system that'll let you filter through private matches under those categories.

They're also looking into other highly-requested features like Titan insignias, competitive player stats, and something called "riffs," which are tweaks to modes they'll put out for a limited amount of time. Left 4 Dead 2 did something similar with weekly mode updates.

http://kotaku.com/titanfalls-next-new-modes-will-be-free-1562619902
  • The Prodigalson
    At the PAX East Titanfall panel today, Respawn Entertainment announced Titanfall Expedition, a paid, campaign-continuing map pack coming to the Xbox and PC shooter. Expedition will contain three new maps, one of which changes the way the game is played, allowed pilots to wall-run from tree-to-tree. That's "Swampland", pictured above, littered with the ruins of alien technology. There's also the water map, "Runoff", and a simulator-based map called "War Games".

http://kotaku.com/titanfall-expedition-map-pack-coming-in-may-1562619691
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn so this aint worth copping on 360??
  • focus
    Gen 6.

The Gooser challenge on Gen 5 had me stuck for a minute. Glad i'm done with that ? .

Game is so dope! My Upload Studio is filled up with clips cause so much crazy ? happens that i'm always recording everything.
  • John_Blazini
    I gotta finish that gooser challenged every ? has auto eject lol
  • focus
    The new modes and DLC announced at E3 sound good. I'm Level 9 now...
    E3 2014: TITANFALL JUNE UPDATE INTRODUCES TWO NEW MODES

BY ZACK STEIN

On the heels of last month’s DLC map-pack for Titanfall, EA and Respawn are at E3 showing off two new modes for their online shooter: “Marked for Death,” and “Wingman.”

“Marked for Death” is exactly what it sounds like, with one pilot from each team becoming the target for a limited period of time. As soon as one of the marked for death targets is killed, two new players are selected. The new mode injects freshness into the game, and keeps things moving along at a brisk pace.

As soon as I became the target, I found my priorities shifted: I was no longer the hunter – I was the hunted. Suddenly, the entire opposing team was hot on my trail. The only solution to my predicament: find and ? the marked player on the other team. Those that are marked are highlighted on the map, with an icon to help you find their location, visible through walls and structures. The adrenaline rush from “Marked for Death” made me feel like I was playing a whole new game.

“Wingman: Last Titan Standing” will introduce a 2v2 mode into Last Titan Standing, and will be Titanfall’s first non 6v6 gameplay.

Titanfall is also getting Burn Cards for Titans, with amped weapons and abilities similar to the options available for pilots. Also, players will now have the ability to unlock customizations for their Titans, which will be retroactive – meaning if you’ve already reached a level to unlock a decal, it will be available to you immediately.

The DLC pack will come with new art for the menu screens, and allow you to toggle the music heard in the lobby. There will also be improvements to matchmaking, with better balancing of teams, shuffling players around based on their skill level. The game will also show when a new player has entered the lobby.

EA didn't give a release date for the June update.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • John_Blazini
    Played yesterday games gun as hell just needs better content ...not just maps and tiny ass titan insignias that u can't even see.
  • focus