Kobe names his top 5 all-time. Agree or Disagree?

Options
2»

Comments

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan
    -
    -
    -
    -

My top 5.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gman82 wrote: »
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Is it greatest legacies/careers? Best players of all time? Best possible starting 5?

^
    Three way different scenarios

If I'm putting together a fantasy team of 5 players in their prime to compete no way am I putting russell on there.

Im going with:

Magic
    Jordan
    Lebron
    Kareem or Hakeem, can't decide.
    Shaq

And I'm going undefeated.

If he talkin top 5 careers/legacies he might have an argument for those 5.

Could that team even work together? It just seems like the roles overlap too much. I guess that's a problem with putting 5 legends on a team.

Valid concern. It would be interesting to see.

Magic could work for any team imo. So could Lebron.

From an offensive standpoint, I much rather have playmakers (magic/lebron) dominate the ball than a ball hog like jordan, so i was hesitant to include him on the team because of how many touches he'd require. But if there ever came a time i needed someone to step up, iso and score, NOW, no one really better than MJ for that. Plus on the defensive side he's certainly one of the best defensive guards ever.

The big men were really "id rather have them than play against them" type of thing.

Prime shaq is the most dominant center of all time imo, and gun to my head im probably placing the dream on this team instead of kaj.

You do know that Barkley led the dream team in scoring, not Jordan. The original dream team is a prime explain of super starts coming together for the sake of winning. You had MJ, Magic, Bird, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, etc.. all on the same team and they made it work. Hypothetic speaking, I could see a team with 2 centers or 2 sg's working without a problem. The problem is guys like A.I., westbrook, rose (at times), Marbury, francis, etc who tried to run point and the 2 guard and end up throwing off the team chemistry by attempting to take over the offense. These guys lack balance. Kobe is guilty of this as well. I personally would rather have a Kareem & Hakeem, versus a Kareem and Malone.

Yeah but that was against overseas competition which in 92 wasnt ? . ? were basically playing around it was so easy
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Magic
    Jordan
    Bird
    Malone
    Hakeem/Shaq
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shouts out to Kobe giving Larry legend his props...you could tell in that interview he respected bird's game more than maybe anyone ever....bird and Kobe are way more similar than Kobe and mj. But most people didn't watch bird besides highlights #youngniggas
  • coop9889
    Options
    Shouts out to Kobe giving Larry legend his props...you could tell in that interview he respected bird's game more than maybe anyone ever....bird and Kobe are way more similar than Kobe and mj. But most people didn't watch bird besides highlights #youngniggas

Trippin
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The PF and Center positions would be the most difficult to figure out imo.

B/c I think there's a lot more options to choose.
  • P swayze166
    Options

Trippin

Not their game on the court, their mentality, their attitude towards teammates, coming back year after year with new facets to game, the rebounding, etc. you prob too young to remember the real Larry bird, not the one they romanticize on BSPN.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I am surprised no one put the overrated Lebron in the top 5
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    the kobe hatred is so strong with these ? youd think bean assaulted them in a colorado hotel

Its so weird to me. I dont know why he irks ? that bad. He be getting crushed for ? other guys be gettin a pass for.

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Trippin

Bird has stated numerous times that Kobe has been his favorite player since he retired, their personality is the same, bird & kobe were always introverts when it came to the media and teammates but never hesitated to talk trash on the court... and their mentality to always play thru injuries and get better and add things to their game.... But as far as playing style nah
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Duncan love is funny.

Best PF ever, yes.

But if he were rated as a Center (which he's been for at least half his career) he'd be behind Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Shaq (i DARE one of u nggas to debate TD vs Shaq.I DARE you), and Hakeem.

Sooo...how can he possibly be top 5?
  • coop9889
    edited June 2013
    Options
    bird and Kobe are way more similar than Kobe and mj.
    LOL
    Not their game on the court,
    Isnt this what matters....??? Smh Ok then gayze, if not on the court, then how are they similar?
    their mentality, their attitude towards teammates, coming back year after year with new facets to game, the rebounding

Contradicting yourself like a muthafucka. ? all that ? HAS TO DO with their game on the court.

And when it comes to basketball players in general, they are compared MORE by their game on their court, not their off court persona. The ? ?

When we talk about/declare the GOATs do we talk about statistics, rings, mvps, awards etc... or do we talk about how many fights they got in off the court, their financial status, and if they're extroverted or not? Lmao at this....
    blu197 wrote: »
    Bird has stated numerous times that Kobe has been his favorite player since he retired, their personality is the same, bird & kobe were always introverts when it came to the media and teammates but never hesitated to talk trash on the court... and their mentality to always play thru injuries and get better and add things to their game.... But as far as playing style nah

LOL @ acting like that don't describe Jordan too

? saying Kobe is more like Bird than MJ is hilarious
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Respectable list
  • P swayze166
    Options
    LOL
    Isnt this what matters....??? Smh Ok then gayze, if not on the court, then how are they similar?
    their mentality, their attitude towards teammates, coming back year after year with new facets to game, the rebounding

Contradicting yourself like a muthafucka. ? all that ? HAS TO DO with their game on the court.

And when it comes to basketball players in general, they are compared MORE by their game on their court, not their off court persona. The ? ?

When we talk about/declare the GOATs do we talk about statistics, rings, mvps, awards etc... or do we talk about how many fights they got in off the court, their financial status, and if they're extroverted or not? Lmao at this....

Dumb ? post (per usual)

They are similar personalities and have similar aspects of their game, but Kobe and mj have similar physical mannerisms....but in the locker room as a teammate, mentality etc they are similar...Larry was equal if not more a killer than anyone ever including mj. Kobe same way....but you probably too young to have ever watched bird or peeped his interviews with the press etc live back in the days. And I don't argue with ? ? .
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's his list he can name who he want's to. What's the big deal?
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I kinda agree with P Swayze about Bird & Kobe being alike personality wise. Those two didn't really want to hang around with teammates and stuff. It always seems like their friendliness toward others was forced IMO. They just wanted to work on their game. It always seemed like they added a new wrinkle to their game each year also. Also Bird & Kobe have an amazing tolerance for pain.
  • coop9889
    edited June 2013
    Options
    LOL

Dumb ? post (per usual)

They are similar personalities and have similar aspects of their game, but Kobe and mj have similar physical mannerisms....but in the locker room as a teammate, mentality etc they are similar...Larry was equal if not more a killer than anyone ever including mj. Kobe same way....but you probably too young to have ever watched bird or peeped his interviews with the press etc live back in the days. And I don't argue with ? ? .

You didnt refute anything I said. Im saying Kobe and MJ are more similar than Kobe and Bird. Not sayin Kobe is dissimilar to Bird.

And you "don't argue with dumb ? ", but you steady contradicting yourself, which in effect is arguing against yourself, which is "arguing with a dumb ? "

Just a perpetual cycle of idiocy.

Its cool tho, nothin new
  • P swayze166
    Options
    LOL

Dumb ? post (per usual)

You didnt refute anything I said. Im saying Kobe and MJ are more similar than Kobe and Bird. Not sayin Kobe is dissimilar to Bird.

And you "don't argue with dumb ? ", but you steady contradicting yourself, which in effect is arguing against yourself, which is "arguing with a dumb ? "

Just a perpetual cycle of idiocy.

Its cool tho, nothin new

There similar and mannerisms and what clutch shots?

Bird and Kobe are more similar in everything, bird had to cater to his teammates like Kobe, Jordan never had to....

Bird came with something new every year, like Kobe...Jordan got a fadeaway jumper and post game after his athleticism was beginning to fade...never really brought anything new, just got molded by Phil to a system.

Bird played through injuries, was a ? head to teammates who didn't step up to his level...Kobe and bird both rarely did tv or commercials for the most part...both ARE INTROVERTS, you're thinking about tongues hanging out and turn around jumpers...I'm talking about as people bird and Kobe are much more similar...Kobe and Kareem and Kobe and Jerry west as well.

Everyone knows this lmao at you arguing...if anyone else posted this you'd be quiet but your such a groupie of me you flag all my posts and try to argue even when you know you make no sense, take ya fetish of me back to Dallas mini camp you bandwagon heat jersey wearing Yankee hat wearing high school cheerleader ass ?