Top Black NHL Draft Prospects: One has an Uncle who was a NFL QB the other has a NBA Father

Options
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
Darnell Nurse: Nephew of Donnavan McNabb and projected top 10 draft pick

Darnell-Nurse-Terry-WilsonOHL-Images.jpg

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=241838&cmpid=nhl-fb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnrGOYlGTIc

Seth Jones: Help lead USA under 20 team to gold medal and son of NBA player Popeye Jones. Also possible #1 pick

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiC2Qm6kftn8W3mNaxcc7eP_G3jahkJW6KDQ2Sl98jMMu4mZc8vw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=licQM7mY77c

Comments

• TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't watch hockey but good luck to the young brothas...........................................
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I knew it was a monizzle thread when I saw the title of the thread lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    I knew it was a monizzle thread when I saw the title of the thread lol

lol you already know i gotta rep for my fellow black hockey players we oucthea breaking sterotypes one slapshot at a time they going allot farther than me skill wise but im still helping them youngn brothas playing hockey

• O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Monizzle14

(mini interview)

Were you already skating and then decided to try hockey or did you learn to skate bcuz of hockey?
    What level of comp did you play at?
    What position did you play?
    Did they test your knuckle game bcuz you was black?
    What's your opinion of Eric Lindross as an player?
    Is yo grill missing some chicklets?

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    @Monizzle14

(mini interview)

Were you already skating and then decided to try hockey or did you learn to skate bcuz of hockey?
    What level of comp did you play at?
    What position did you play?
    Did they test your knuckle game bcuz you was black?
    What's your opinion of Eric Lindross as an player?
    Is yo grill missing some chicklets?

1. I learned to skate because of hockey. I wanted to ball through the age of 5 then my parents moved to the burbs where i took up street hockey with kids at this daycare. I was rollerskating at age 6. In order to afford hockey i never started ice skating for a few years till i was 7.

2. In high school i was a role player in Division 1 high school hockey. My team was always top 15 ranked in the entire state my last 2 years. I played against 1 nhl prospect that got drafted. most americans who get drafted don't play high school hockey they go to prep schools leagues like some basketball players instead. After high school i help start a club hockey team my junior year at my college which was very competitive.

3. I played left wing all the way through sophomore year of high school. Due to a lack of top notch defensemen i moved to defense. In college i played a little bit of both.

4. Kids tried to test me when i scored allot. In middle school aged youth hockey i started catching up to the competition and was scoring allot. When we had a team out of reach a team would test not just me but any star player. But the thing was despite being 5-8 i used to ? people up taller and bigger than me cause i had good hitting techniques. Maybe one or 2 times in my career people made a joke like "wrong sport" or something ignorant like that. I never fought back then and there but next shift i would ? em up (which mentally messed them up).

5. Concussions ? up Eric Lindross and if he ain't have them i think he could have possibly won a cup. The thing about hockey is you are being hit at football levels (and worse) 3 or 4 times a week instead of once a week. Toward the middle and end of his career he had injury trouble that affected his play. But Lindross was a true flyer a dude who could hit and fight hard but also had the talent. That was the best thing about the flyers back in the day is they beat your ass on the scoreboard and in the penalty box. With the new nhl its change a bit but still flyers hockey

6. No missing teeth i can thank modern face masks and mouth guards for that. I did get the wind knocked out of me by slap shots and hard hits never suffered any severe bone breaks just the normal wear and tear of slashes. No concussions either.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props for answering all my questions. It takes talent to make it to the college level. You have my e-respect.

tumblr_ltaqz4TDiJ1qb0hkjo1_500.jpg

These dudes made me alot of money.

Something about flyers and star players with injuries. SMH

Lindros was one of the goats on face offs.

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still fresh out of fuxx to give about hockey.

The one thing I liked about hockey was removed because hockey stans practically protested it...

170.jpg

lol.

And now that there are more brothas in the league, watch the "rules" surrounding fighting slowly but surely change from penalty boxes and power plays to year long suspensions and the term "goon" going from sensationalized to demonized.

• RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited August 2013
    Options
    RAPH wrote: »
    Black people invented Hockey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2QZm8llvig

@RAPH

word i think i have posted this video like 15 or 20 times in the IC and CS after cats were saying black people cant skate lmao cats really dont be knowing their history. Its crazy too how many black players are coming out of Canada now as well as the US.