***Spinoff*** You're an NBA GM have to choose between these 3 players to build your team

Options
af.r.i.c.a.
af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in From the Cheap Seats

***Spinoff*** You're an NBA GM have to choose between these 3 players to build your team 30 votes

Demarcus Cousins
60%
5th Letterinfamous114lord nemesisMax.Off&OnChi-Town BullyNothingButTheTruthDarkRaidenA$AP_A$TONTrollio blu197PiffyHazeLivefromclaycobignormTHIRDSUPREMEblackjack2012nycdieseltha bause 18 votes
Greg Monroe
40%
smokelahomaJusDre313R.D.one_manshowaf.r.i.c.a.Cutler 26 INT's LOL!its....JOHN BDillaDeafYoung GunnerBetaJ. Willericb4prez 12 votes
Derrick Favors
0%

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Demarcus Cousins
    Now who do i draft next is the key?
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greg Monroe
    homer pick.. but Monroe is a beast and he hasnt given you the immaturity issues that cousins has.. the bolded is the only reason i didnt pick Cousins
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Demarcus Cousins
    Cousins is the best from a talent standpoint
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greg Monroe
    Cousins is better but he's a head case, I bet Monroe has the better career
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Demarcus Cousins
    Not even close
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Greg Monroe
    Cousins is the best from a talent standpoint

yea but if your a gm you have to weigh the risk of his maturity.. or lack there of. Monroe is not that far behind Cousins from a talent perspective and Favors is a defensive beast and has all the potential in the world but is stuck behind Al and Milsap.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Demarcus Cousins
    All that immaturity label stuff is ? . Y'all just ride with it because y'all follow the media and believe everything they say is true.

Plus the skill difference is just too much.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right now - Monroe. Definitely.

Cousins is easily the most talented on the list tho. But a ? up attitude is no different than having a suspect jump-shot, turnover prone, no post game, etc, etc.

It's actually worse -- cause no matter how broke a nikka's jumper is, it won't cause him to miss games or offend his coaches or teammates.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Greg Monroe
    All that immaturity label stuff is ? . Y'all just ride with it because y'all follow the media and believe everything they say is true.

if i could Nosign you twice i would..

• Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greg Monroe
    Give me Monroe. Cousins waaaaay to immature and not worth the risk...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Demarcus Cousins

if i could Nosign you twice i would..

Bruh that immaturity label is a cop-out. He's no different from any other superstar player. If he doesn't agree with what you're preaching AND the team is losing, he's going to have something to say and he's going to act a certain way.

There are countless numbers of superstars who have had "problems" behind the scenes. Stop blowing it out of proportion and following the media blindly.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Overrating cousins like ? . Superstar????????????????????????????????
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Overrating cousins like ? . Superstar????????????????????????????????

That's just it --- his attitude is what's keeping him out of that category.

And he's lazy as ? in the offseason. Last year he bragged to the Sacramento media about all the "fried chicken and junk food" he ate in the offseason. Smfh

They were laughing and he was dead serious.

He's one of the few talents that *could* compete with the bigs of the 90s as far as his skillset is concerned.

People think draft busts are busts because the team that drafted them "overrated their talent" --- No.

90% of draft busts had all the tools to be stars, but their Achilles heel was between their ears.

Cousins aint a bust, but The fact that Cousins can drop 18 and 10 a night with his attitude just tells me that he could be a 28 and 12 dude with a better attitude and ethic.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Greg Monroe
    Sorry but Cousins is already demanding a max contract, I mean Detroit will probably overpay for Monroe considering the contracts they gave Ben Gordon and Villanueva but Monroe will come a lot cheaper and you know what your going to get every night, matter fact we haven't even seen the best of Greg but hes already putting up numbers, the question wasn't whose better, its who would you start your franchise around, Cousins hasn't proved anything other than he has the potential to be one of the best bigs in the game but is not willing to take the extra step at becoming that, hes ignorant, lazy and stupid and probably has a mental sickness, until he proves otherwise i'm not given that dude a max contract, if he wants to take a smaller contract with performance incentives that could earn him max money or more like leading a team to the playoffs, winning mvp, a certain amount of dough for every round the team advances, then I would go that route but I don't even know if they do ? like that in the NBA.
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Demarcus Cousins
    I'm taking cousins. The only reason he acts like that is cuz he has has 2 black holes in the backcourt and Sacramento is a ? mess. Give him to thibs and watch greatness
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greg Monroe
    Cousins been a headcase his whole life, im not building around tht

plus he takes bad shots and isnt consistent
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Demarcus Cousins
    Cousins is the best between those 3 IMO.

On another note if the Nets never traded Favors we could have had a dope frontline with Lopez and Favors.

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Demarcus Cousins
    I like Monroe, but I gotta roll wit Cuz. U.K. baby
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greg Monroe
    Greg Monroe is getting disrespected in this thread.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Greg Monroe
    Talent wise its DMC but his immature attitude and getting suspended hurts your franchise. He should be averaging 23-10 each night but he is the only one stopping himself from making the All Star team.

Attitude/Talent and overall I would take Monroe he is humble has good potential and coachable.