George Zimmerman Trial Thread (Found Not Guilty Jesus help us...)

Options

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    so they were both defending themselves from eachother?

and the gun was the tie-breaker?
    Basically.

so once the gun was produced...couldn't one argue that zimmerman at that point decided it was time to end trayvonn's life??

i mean it's subjective to say trayvon was trying to ? zimmerman, all we know is that they both were defending themselves....there's nothing to suggest that trayvon was attempting to use deadly force...
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    The ? is getting off, or getting convicted of manslaughter. With time served, he'll be out in a hot second. Not sure how ? can see any other outcome coming. ? REALLY think he's gonna get convicted of 2nd degree murder?
    I've said this SO MANY times since they announced what charges were going to be filed. It's going to be hell trying to prove intent, which is the key to prove MURDER. They have him dead to rights on manslaughter, but the prosecution caved in to the blood thirsty mob mentality wanting Zim's head and decided to swing for the fences.

Hope they're right. Don't think they will be in the end, and this ? will walk free.

But they know that though. The law is like chess, tons of different strategies. It's nothing to charge a ? with a crime, knowing you don't have the evidence to prove it just to satisfy the critics. They knew before they charged him with 2nd degree murder that they wouldn't be able to prove it and he'd get off with a lil manslaughter charge.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Basically.

so once the gun was produced...couldn't one argue that zimmerman at that point decided it was time to end trayvonn's life??

i mean it's subjective to say trayvon was trying to ? zimmerman, all we know is that they both were defending themselves....there's nothing to suggest that trayvon was attempting to use deadly force...
    Using the Florida law, the underlined can be reworded as, "Zimmerman decided to use deadly force to prevent what he considered to be imminent danger of death or great ? harm and that he had exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which was likely to cause death or great ? harm to the assailant".

Bolded doesn't matter; since the law only takes into account the perception of danger by the one who uses force.
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trayvon never has to defend himself if zimmerman dosent follow him . Trayvon ran first then turned to fight dont forget that zimmerman chased confronted and killed a 10th grader
  • Dupac
    Options

Basically.

Using the Florida law, the underlined can be reworded as, "Zimmerman decided to use deadly force to prevent what he considered to be imminent danger of death or great ? harm and that he had exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which was likely to cause death or great ? harm to the assailant".

Bolded doesn't matter; since the law only takes into account the perception of danger by the one who uses force.

so basically it's the courts responsibility to determine whether zimmerman's claim that his life was in danger is ? or not.

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lordhonka2 wrote: »
    Trayvon never has to defend himself if zimmerman dosent follow him . Trayvon ran first then turned to fight dont forget that zimmerman chased confronted and killed a 10th grader

a self-defense claim can still be valid, even if you provoke a confrontation
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    judge
    lawyer
    jury
    baliff
    cracka
    cracka family

Soon
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    his lawyer is rumbling and not making any sense.
  • Dupac
    Options
    the self defense claim is ? .....

i'm not convinced...
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp, looks like this case will not be looking good for zimmerman.
  • Dupac
    Options
    zimmerman shoulda had a taser.....

cuz this defense does not dictate a life or death situation...
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone with a working brain knows that zimmerman should be charged with murder. He should go to prison and that's that. Anyone defending him is stupid. If this was some rich white kid, his ass would have been grass a long time ago.
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still can't get over that knock knock joke... His lawyer really takes this for a joke.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    I hope ppl riot when he is acquitted... this country needs a wake up call...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efrM6DK8vbA
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people want Zimmerman to be innocent so bad
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he looks like he is about to fall asleep.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh look

Feelings
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lechic wrote: »
    Zimmerman defense attorney started off with a knock-knock joke?! wow.
    He did?!?!

I missed that. What kinda ? is that
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I ain't wasting my time, energy, or bandwidth on this mock trial

Someone @ me when the verdict is in
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

U dont want that...alot of white people will be standing there grown again
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

U dont want that...alot of white people will be standing there grown again

Nah
This discussion has been closed.