The IC Beatmaking/Producing Thread

Options

Comments

• Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope. But I use FL and Harrison Mixbus 32C. Love the two.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Happy Early Chrimmuh

y410o1be628m.jpeg
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Happy Early Chrimmuh

y410o1be628m.jpeg

Bluetooth enabled?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    I just started out.

Is an Mpc needed if I work with Fl studio?

@JonnyRoccIT
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    I just started out.

@JonnyRoccIT

Naw bruh
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    I just started out.

@JonnyRoccIT

Naw bruh

@LcnsdbyROYALTY seeing j dilla heatmakerz etc making magic with mpc's it kinda seems like it's easier than fl studio when it comes to samples or beat making.

Why do people prefer mpc's?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    I just started out.

@JonnyRoccIT

Naw bruh

@LcnsdbyROYALTY seeing j dilla heatmakerz etc making magic with mpc's it kinda seems like it's easier than fl studio when it comes to samples or beat making.

Why do people prefer mpc's?

@Busta Carmichael

Tbh, I've never used one, but I've always wanted one, but to answer your question (theoretically, since I've never used one) it's a lot lot easier and less time consuming setting up your pattern via keyboard and pads and controlling your output that way as opposed using a mouse or even your fingers if you have some sort of touch interface DAW/MAW.

Everything I've made was either on FL Studio 10 and maybe 11 XXL on my old laptop (2010-early 2013) or Caustic 3 to 3.2 on various phones and tablets (from 2015 to now). That ? is extremely painstaking without a midi controller.
  • Roster Player #99
    Options
    I just started out.

@JonnyRoccIT
    Ideally. Any tool is a useful tool. I use my mpc, 950, and 303 with FL, along with some other ? . Focusing on samplers, FL can do what all of those things do, just not technically replicate it. That's what most people call character. Tupicallly no two machines sounds the same so all those impart some sort of character on your music.

You gotta think, portability, mixing, etc. Kinda prioritize what you need most then prioritize what you want most then Venn diagram that hoe and pick what's in the middle.

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Also your MPC is gonna be your midi controller, FL will be you DAW (digital audio workstation)/MAW (mobile audio workstation). I say MAW because there's a chance you can use FL Studio Mobile 3 (which is a beautiful app in its own right, aesthetically speaking). The two work best hand and hand but can be used independently of one another (definitely with DAWs, someone correct me if I'm wrong about the MPC being able to work independently).
  • Roster Player #99
    Options
    Also your MPC is gonna be your midi controller, FL will be you DAW(digital audio workstation/MAW(mobile audio workstation) (I saw MAW because there's a chance you can use FL Studio Mobile 3 (which is a beautiful app in its own right, aesthetically speaking). The two work best hand and hand but can be used independently of one another (definitely with DAWs, someone correct me if I'm wrong about the MPC being able to work independently).

It CAN be a midi in FL but it's a pain to setup. And not as intuitive as it should be. You also lose the character or swing of an mpc when you use it for just midi according to the nyquist theory and mpc time correction attribute. Not a deal breaker. But a thing nonetheless.

Personally, I track everything use into FL. It's a dope ass mixing tool. I use it pre mix and final mix in another program. Basically, everything ? use pro tools for FL can do the same and even more with third party plugins.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Since we on the topic of DAWs I ran into this earlier today:

http://www.akaipro.com/products/mpc-series/impc-for-android
    http://www.akaipro.com/index.php/products/mpc-series/impc-pro

I was doing my damnedest to find a cracked apk, but to no avail. Not to mention that the Android app is only available to Samsung users. ? life. Lol
  • tk_heuristics
    tk_heuristics Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options
    Just lettin y’all know that AmericanMusical.com
    & Zzounds.com let y’all make payments on all your Music Equipment w/o credit check...y’all get right for Chrimmuh

this is too tempting

i might have to pick up an mpk or sumn
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Options
    Just lettin y’all know that AmericanMusical.com
    & Zzounds.com let y’all make payments on all your Music Equipment w/o credit check...y’all get right for Chrimmuh

this is too tempting

i might have to pick up an mpk or sumn

No interest either...ion see why not really
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Options
    I just started out.

@JonnyRoccIT

Hell nah, i made beats for years w/o a Midi controller at all on FL Studio
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Options
    Happy Early Chrimmuh

y410o1be628m.jpeg

Bluetooth enabled?

Nah, it requires a power source and to be connected via USB, it’s a pretty solid controller, nice quality peice of hardware...nothing about it feels cheap
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo,
    I got an MPC2000XL tucked away which i dont use anymore, it is literally my favourite piece of equipment, but ive retired it for a lil while. Looking through previous messages i see not many people use ableton? I find from a creativity point of view ableton is the easiest and funnest programme to use, its just so flexible.....from a mixing and mastering point of view though no way.... i use it with a launchpad (64 mini pads) and a keyboard.

• bdbdbd
    Options
    Im kinda into the jazzy vibes you know what i mean:
  • Roster Player #99
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    Yo,
    I got an MPC2000XL tucked away which i dont use anymore, it is literally my favourite piece of equipment, but ive retired it for a lil while. Looking through previous messages i see not many people use ableton? I find from a creativity point of view ableton is the easiest and funnest programme to use, its just so flexible.....from a mixing and mastering point of view though no way.... i use it with a launchpad (64 mini pads) and a keyboard.

how much you want for the XL?
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo,

Sounds crispy n clean what u mix with?
  • bdbdbd
    Options
    Yo,

how much you want for the XL?

Nah man, I don't think ill ever sell that, I love my XL, im gonna reorganise my setup soon and find a way to bring it back. sorry bruh
    Go figure wrote: »
    Yo,

Sounds crispy n clean what u mix with?

appreciate it man, I haven't even mixed it tbh just messed with the levels a bit and, some panning and processing so smooth it out a bit all in ableton
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Minor request for all my beatmakers. Spam me yall's Soundcloud, YouTube, etc urls so I can follow yall
  • bdbdbd
    edited December 2017
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXbwRqIy4po

? man, i love the way it breaks down...had to throw the headphones on and pull it up. Yeh the arrangement of this is crazy.

Question regarding the video - how?

and what genre would you regard your music? if any
  • the scout
    the scout Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Options
    Damn, haven't been on this boy in a minute. Let me check game and see what the word is around these parts one time.
  • bdbdbd
    Options