Heavy Editing on WWE projects, thoughts?

jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
Over the last few years WWE DVD projects have been heavily edited. At first it was taking out the "F" in WWF (which was annoying) but consider that as the Attitude Era stars get older and more DVDs are released on them the amount of editing that appears now.

Well the 'E is allowed to say "WWF" again but now blood is edited, Chris Benoit (who apparently appears on the new WCW War Games DVD) is also constantly edited, foul language, and sexual innuendo are also all edited.

Doesn't this greatly change the experience for people who buy these projects expecting a genuine look back at good wrestling? About 10 years of WWE history (Attitude Era & Ruthless Aggression Era) will be substantially edited, I don't think it's fair to consumers to buy watered down projects like the Attitude Era DVD (that I took a loss on) and others that may contain material that will be heavily edited.

Am I right?

Comments

• Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been bought up all the old DVDs and VHS tapes and actually remember how ? really went so this doesn't effect me

But for new ppl trying to get into it ... They take a L
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    This is why rating sytems were created, to avoid watering down products for kiddies, and keep "adult" material for adults, even though these products are tame to the nonsense on television.

It infuriates me that older products are being done away like this, but given that John Cena is on a box of Fruity Pebbles, so I am really not surprised by this.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been bought up all the old DVDs and VHS tapes and actually remember how ? really went so this doesn't effect me

But for new ppl trying to get into it ... They take a L

I remember the AE as I lived through it, but was interested in how they were going to discuss it and what matches they were going to use and man they picked some really, really tame stuff.

The 'E is competing with YouTube and other sites that hold classic wrestling and if they continue to edit things the way they do they are going to end up losing.

Just change the ratings for mature stuff like AE material.
  • Mr. Rich Pryor
    Mr. Rich Pryor Members Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i remember when there wuz da wwf logos, man those were da muthaphukkin dayz!
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? I hate when they edit the undertakers entrance music with taking limp bizkit music out and putting some other ? .
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited July 2013
    I downloaded all my ? off special wrestling torrents
  • DOPEdweebz
    My ? is unedited n alot of 90s stuff on youtube unedited with full shows n etc
  • DOPEdweebz
    In other words, "i aint worried about nothin"