If you weren't aware of Nas before 2001.

Zigefresh
Zigefresh Members Posts: 233 ✭✭
edited June 2013 in The Reason
then u aint a genuine Nas fan..ur just an anti fan of Jay Z and believed due to past battles that Nas is the personification of such feelings

So all my Nas stans who were fans(and I mean fan in the truest sense of the word) before 01.

The rest of these ingenuine fake ass underdog stan mufckaz

Hell I don't consider myself a real Nas fan considering that I didn't get into this ? before the hype of the beef and Stillmatic.

Comments

• scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's ass backwards thinking. I didn't really know who Nas was because in 2001 I was only 12. I grew up idolizing Jay and the whole beef got me to check out Nas. After I bought Stillmatic I was a fan for life, and eventually went back and got all of his material. But I still think Jay is one of the greatest rappers ever, just not as good as Nas.

No feelings were ever involved.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can a genuine Nas fan since "Halftime" speak frankly on Nas? He sucks now.

carry on.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Man, somebody need to DJ Nate this Zigefresh ? ....
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *copped Illmatic on tape cassette in 94 with money I jacked off white kids at school...

They had no school dinner, I had Illmatic...

Still my favourite Nas album.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a nas fan before 01.He had the chance to take the vacated crown after Big was merked but dropped 2 duds in the same year wit I Am and nastradamus then Got gunned up and clapped quick by Jigga and was wobblin and stumblin before he dropped his best album Stillmatic which gave him life when ? was forgettin he mc'd.

Then he dropped several duds like Distant relatives,Lost tapes,SD,Hip hop is dead,Godson and at his ? peak dropped that Terrible Untitled trash and I lost all hope.

Life Is Wood gave me hope wit Stay and You Wouldn't Understand which are 2 of the best songs nasir dropped in the last 11 years
  • Kellmill
    ^^^^^^
    No ? @ Life Is Wood, you ethered yourself with that one
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited June 2013
    Kellmill wrote: »
    ^^^^^^

Nah that's you ? .You thinkin about nigganudes when I'm talkin about nas last 3 albums floppin commercially

You sonned ya self you ? ass ?
  • Kellmill
    edited June 2013
    ^^^^^^

Nah that's you ? .You thinkin about nigganudes when I'm talkin about nas last 3 albums floppin commercially

No ? @ you having phrases like "Nigganudes" on deck in your immediate vocabulary.

Actually no ? can't even save you at this point
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There really needs to be a ? reaction.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a nas fan before 01.He had the chance to take the vacated crown after Big was merked but dropped 2 duds in the same year wit I Am and nastradamus then Got gunned up and clapped quick by Jigga and was wobblin and stumblin before he dropped his best album Stillmatic which gave him life when ? was forgettin he mc'd.

Then he dropped several duds like Distant relatives,Lost tapes,SD,Hip hop is dead,Godson and at his ? peak dropped that Terrible Untitled trash and I lost all hope.

Life Is Wood gave me hope wit Stay and You Wouldn't Understand which are 2 of the best songs nasir dropped in the last 11 years

This ? gotta b trolling.
    Smh at fixing your fingers to type diss 'lost tapes'
  • Tommy bilfiger
    ^^^^^^

No ? @ you having phrases like "Nigganudes" on deck in your immediate vocabulary.

36G14Bk.gif

You're trying too hard.This thread had no ? thoughts until you started posting.Foh ?
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zigefresh wrote: »
    then u aint a genuine Nas fan..ur just an anti fan of Jay Z and believed due to past battles that Nas is the personification of such feelings

So all my Nas stans who were fans(and I mean fan in the truest sense of the word) before 01.

Hell I don't consider myself a real Nas fan considering that I didn't get into this ? before the hype of the beef and Stillmatic.

This should've read "if you were aware of Nas and didn't become a fan til 01"... then it would've held some validity. And even then people have their reasons, maybe Illmatic was too slow paced for them or maybe that one record on Stillmatic caught their ear, anything. But I agree with one thing, there were a lot of anti Jay heads that became Nas (and Em fans for that matter) by default cuz they served Jay lyrically at one point. ? , if GZA battled Jay and won, there'd be a lot of GZA fans out there calling Liquid Swords the greatest album ever.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Kellmill
    ^^^^^^

36G14Bk.gif

You're trying too hard.This thread had no ? thoughts until you started posting.Foh ?

Nobodys trying too hard, I felt it was my job to point out how needlessly ? your original post was. If it wasn't me it wouldve been the next one. Im sorry that you caught feelings
  • Tommy bilfiger
    ^^^^^^

36G14Bk.gif

Nobodys trying too hard, I felt it was my job to point out how needlessly ? your original post was. If it wasn't me it wouldve been the next one. Im sorry that you caught feelings

I've called Nas last album life is wood ever since it dropped You're the 1st person to think about ? when I mentioned it.Lmao you continue to son yourself bruh
  • Kellmill
    ^^^^^^

36G14Bk.gif

I've called Nas last album life is wood ever since it dropped You're the 1st person to think about ? when I mentioned it.Lmao you continue to son yourself bruh

That's only because you're the type of person to go around saying things like "nigganudes." People are probably well accustomed to your faggoty behavior by now, or not listening to you in the first place (which is a likely alternative)
  • Tommy bilfiger
    gns wrote: »

This ? gotta b trolling.
    Smh at fixing your fingers to type diss 'lost tapes'

Besides Doo Rags and ? By myself and No idea original(is that song even on that album?) lost tapes sucks.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zigefresh wrote: »

keepcrying_zps779f39de.gif
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas is an MC you mature into like Mos, Kweli, and Common. I was 17 and only listening to Bone, DMX and the Hot Boys. I didnt like any NY MC at the time. I did like "Nas Is Like" though, taped the video and errythang
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait that sounded dumb DMX is a NY MC lol. Well I was only ? with X then.
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First artist I listened to was 50 Cent. Get Rich or Die Tryin' I was mad young then, like 13.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of ? ? is this thread?

LMAO