Troy(2004)

2»

Comments

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    One of my favorite movies.
    Achilles was giving them ? that work throughout the while movie.
    Always thought dragging Hector around was some trill ? .
    He deserve it but trill nonetheless.
    they need to bring more of these stories to the big screen since they can't create any original scripts.
    An updated Odyssey would be so dope.
    They need some Egyptian mythology pieces but I know that'll never happen.

i think alotta ppl would care about egyptian stories if they done right
    like that animation prince of egypt was dope
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Me and homie were chillin, showin eachother youtube videos that get us pysched up for working out whaever, (sounds ? i know shut the ? up) but he shows me this one where Achilles kills Hector and then he says "Hector was a punk-ass ? "

I snatched my latop back from him and said "don't ever ? say that ? around me again" dead ass serious. He was kind of shock that I got that serious that fast, but I was ? man don't say dumb ? like that around me.

This post started off kinda suspect but somewhere along the way that ? turned into some real ? . I was mad as hell when hector died and his punk ass brother just watched.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the book Paris was that much of a ? . He wasn't even wanted by Priam if I remember correctly. They really need to do a sequel for Odysseus, Sean Bean can reprise the role, he will even make it to the end of the movie for once.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reapin505 wrote: »
    In the book Paris was that much of a ? . He wasn't even wanted by Priam if I remember correctly. They really need to do a sequel for Odysseus, Sean Bean can reprise the role, he will even make it to the end of the movie for once.

This was my vision as well. Actually, I had a bigger vision (shoulda been a director).

They could have made this a trilogy, except, the parts they left out or changed in "Troy" killed the idea actually.

I wanted a sequel for Odysseus (The Odyssey) & a sequel for Aeneas (The Aeneid), that would be taking place at the same time, just like how they just did the new "Bourne" movie at the same time as the last one.

Here's why that couldn't have happened.

1. In the movie, they killed Menelaus. - Hector did. In the book, they do not.
    Menelaus has a part in "The Odyssey" which could not happen due to this change in the movie.
    (Guess what, after the War, Menelaus takes back Helen and marries her again. SMMFH. (that ? mustve been FIRE)

2. In the movie, they have Hector ? AJAX, while in the book, Ajax >Hector. After the death of Achilles, both
    AJAX and Odysseus claim the right to have his armor based on feats of valor. It's decided that Odysseus gets the armor (Ajax >>>>>>Odysseus btw), and this drives Ajax to ? himself. Ajax is considered the second best warrior in the entire war ( >Hector). This has a heavy effect on Odysseus, and was a big part of the Odyssey.
    This change in the movie also would've made the Odyssey waaaaaaaaaaaay too different.

3. In the movie, Aeneas was a teenage boy who only took the sword of Troy to "lead the people".
    In the books, Aeneas was the 2nd greatest Trojan hero. He also has his own "Odyssey" and ended up founding the
    Roman Empire. The Caesars claimed him as their ancestor. His odyssey would be the subject of the third movie of the Trilogy. There are also things that they changed in "Troy" that would ? up this movie as well.
    The greatest being that they left out another supertrill character "Diomedes" that would also play a role in
    the third movie, that would not have any significance without him bodying Aeneas in the Trojan War.
    Them not fleshing out who Aeneas was would make it not possible to do the third movie the right way.
    Aeneas was considered a better warrior than all Greeks except Achilles, Ajax, and Diomedes.
    Diomedes damn near murked him. Aeneas did wound Achilles during the war tho.
    (Diomedes was the equivalent of Gannicus to Achilles' Spart.)

Them doing a trilogy would've been an AWESOME idea tho.

Troy-Achilles & Hector
    Odyssey- Odysseus's trip home and retaking his Palace (Sean Bean)
    Aeneid- Aeneas and Trojan survivors trip to Italy to found a new dynasty.

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think I've seen a bigger ? move than Parris'. ? was disgustin'. Hector was a real ? though.

I don't think I could accept any other actor as Achilles
  • reapin505
    bignorm wrote: »
    reapin505 wrote: »

This was my vision as well. Actually, I had a bigger vision (shoulda been a director).

They could have made this a trilogy, except, the parts they left out or changed in "Troy" killed the idea actually.

I wanted a sequel for Odysseus (The Odyssey) & a sequel for Aeneas (The Aeneid), that would be taking place at the same time, just like how they just did the new "Bourne" movie at the same time as the last one.

Here's why that couldn't have happened.

1. In the movie, they killed Menelaus. - Hector did. In the book, they do not.
    Menelaus has a part in "The Odyssey" which could not happen due to this change in the movie.
    (Guess what, after the War, Menelaus takes back Helen and marries her again. SMMFH. (that ? mustve been FIRE)

2. In the movie, they have Hector ? AJAX, while in the book, Ajax >Hector. After the death of Achilles, both
    AJAX and Odysseus claim the right to have his armor based on feats of valor. It's decided that Odysseus gets the armor (Ajax >>>>>>Odysseus btw), and this drives Ajax to ? himself. Ajax is considered the second best warrior in the entire war ( >Hector). This has a heavy effect on Odysseus, and was a big part of the Odyssey.
    This change in the movie also would've made the Odyssey waaaaaaaaaaaay too different.

3. In the movie, Aeneas was a teenage boy who only took the sword of Troy to "lead the people".
    In the books, Aeneas was the 2nd greatest Trojan hero. He also has his own "Odyssey" and ended up founding the
    Roman Empire. The Caesars claimed him as their ancestor. His odyssey would be the subject of the third movie of the Trilogy. There are also things that they changed in "Troy" that would ? up this movie as well.
    The greatest being that they left out another supertrill character "Diomedes" that would also play a role in
    the third movie, that would not have any significance without him bodying Aeneas in the Trojan War.
    Them not fleshing out who Aeneas was would make it not possible to do the third movie the right way.
    Aeneas was considered a better warrior than all Greeks except Achilles, Ajax, and Diomedes.
    Diomedes damn near murked him. Aeneas did wound Achilles during the war tho.
    (Diomedes was the equivalent of Gannicus to Achilles' Spart.)

Them doing a trilogy would've been an AWESOME idea tho.

Troy-Achilles & Hector
    Odyssey- Odysseus's trip home and retaking his Palace (Sean Bean)
    Aeneid- Aeneas and Trojan survivors trip to Italy to found a new dynasty.

That would be ? epic. If they ever did do that I would have sign up as an extra or something. If it was as epic as Troy that ? would have me nerding the ? out. I still haven't read the Aeneid, and I have only read the simple version of The Odyssey. My mom was named after one of the characters from the Aeneid also, LaVenia.

Also y'al need to watch the extended version, more ? , more violence and adds important parts of the story.
  • reapin505
    edited June 2013
    Also ? Priam's ? for listening to the high priest and not his own son in the movie. I don't remember if it happened that way in the book but priam deserved getting stabbed in the back for that ? . The book battle scene of the attack on the ships was dope though, Athena fighting same with ares, Aphrodite getting cut and screaming. That is also where Diomedes shinned at in the war too
  • bignorm
    Diomedes was outchea tryin to murk gods n ? .
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Watchin Troy again. Brad Pitt WAS Achilles. Merked that ? , maybe one of his best performances because of the nuance and non-verbals. I actually believed that ? was a trojan legend.

And he wasn't the only one. Agamemnon was a great performance too, slept on. Hector goes without saying. Damn shame this had to come out in the wake of Alexander, movie really was epic.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot all about Paris getting dealt with in his duel and literally crawling to Hector's feet, when the duel was his idea to start with. smfh

WOAT movie character
  • bignorm
    Paris's name in the ancient Greek language translates as "bitchmade".
    If it don't, it should lol.

The actual subject of the "Illiad" which tells the story in Troy was
    "The Rage of Achilles".

When Brad Pitt stood there calling Hector, I was like damn, that IS Achilles.
    ? was piiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeed.
  • bignorm
    i wish I could cosign, ether, lol and goat that post.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gns wrote: »
    Secondly Achilles would've been a pincushion coming at my gate with that ? ? .

Yea everyone will remember his name......as the ? that ate some many arrows he looked like a hedgehog, f yelling at my gate.

He would have caught the same death king leonidas did in 300. Lol
  • bignorm
    The more I think of it, the studio lost for not having the vision/forsight to make that trilogy.
    That ? would be >>>>>>>>>>>> the hobbit.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchin Troy again. Brad Pitt WAS Achilles. Merked that ? , maybe one of his best performances because of the nuance and non-verbals. I actually believed that ? was a trojan legend.

And he wasn't the only one. Agamemnon was a great performance too, slept on. Hector goes without saying. Damn shame this had to come out in the wake of Alexander, movie really was epic.

He was my ? in that movie.... I used to be ? in college yelling out I am Agamemnon!!!! Like he did in one of his rants lol
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Yo, all the hate the Alexander gets just remember this was a redeeming quality...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/40839/rosario_dawson_first_nude_scene/
    pCLGd.gif

So @gns gonna nosign them beautiful ? I posted?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I nosigned cause u said it was a redeeming quality.

Dog I love Rosario Dawson but ? that movie.

If a ? smash women his whole life, then decide to do some ? ? for a day guess what that makes him....a ? !

Yea I loved that scene, but I hated the whole movie.
    Just keeping it real.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "YOU SACK OF SWINE!"

Lol @ Greek cursing.
  • S.jR.
    edited July 2013
    I nosigned cause u said it was a redeeming quality.

Dog I love Rosario Dawson but ? that movie.

If a ? smash women his whole life, then decide to do some ? ? for a day guess what that makes him....a ? !

Yea I loved that scene, but I hated the whole movie.
    Just keeping it real.

No other movie brought them ? to you.. that's all that matters. smh.. I'm sure you've watched worse movies that didn't have a scene like that. It's like bad movies can still have at least one great action scene. That make it memorable. *shrugs*
  • gns
    I give u the last part but I believe she has been nude in another movie.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give u the last part but I believe she has been nude in another movie.

apparently some movie called Trance

link NSFW

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyve4o_rosario-dawson-nude-in-trance_redband#.UdPfosrvYXw
  • S.jR.
    edited July 2013
    Didn't know that til just now.. BUT that movie came out this year.. Alexander brought them ? to you 9 years prior and from multiple angles.

Forgot all about Trance though.. about to stream now.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my fav movies. You know a movie good when you can watch the edited version of it on cable tv.

This one of the rarest movies where each character was believable. The casting was GOAT.

Eric Bana is a underrated actor. I saw the time traveler wife last month and was really impressed by what I saw.
  • gns
    darkone360 wrote: »
    "YOU SACK OF SWINE!"

Lol @ Greek cursing.

•Jupiters ? nh
    •U were belched from the ? of the underworld
    •At last the gods remove ? from ? ass-super nh
    •That ? ?
    -Dominus

Roman cursing>>>>Greek cursing