Lauren Hill adresses the concept of 'Reverse Racism'! Very well written and articulated.

international
international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
"The concept of reverse racism is flawed, if not absolutely ridiculous. Most, if not all of the negative responses from people of color toward white people, are reactions to the hatred, violence, cruelty and brutality that they were shown by white people for centuries. Much of the foundation of the modern world was built on the forced free labor of black peoples. The African Slave Trade, the institution of slavery, colonialism, its derivative systems, and the multiple holocausts throughout history, where whites used race as the defining reason to justify their oppression, conquest, and brutal treatment of non-white peoples, are how race became such a factor to begin with. The initial claim by the oppressors, followed a moral imperative (so they said) that people outside of Occidental and European birth were in savage and cursed conditions, and that ? justified the captivity of these people, and the ? and pillage of their lands." (Lauryn Hill's Tumblr)

"In order to justify reverse racism one would have to first create an even playing field, undo the generations of torture, terror, and brutality, and then judge whether or not a non-white person is in fact a racist. This approach would require people to examine the need/addiction to feel superior to someone else for no justifiable reason, and the myriad policies: Spiritual, political and social, that it bore. True dominion is self evident and not the result of sabotaging another in order to achieve it. That would be an illegitimate as well as a fleeting position. The Universe, will eventually seek to right/balance itself. Of course there are white people who live transcendent lives, not exploiting ill-gotten privilege or perpetuating the sins of their ancestors who used violence and deceit as a means to gain advantage over others. Humanity in proper order is obligated to acknowledge the Truth, whoever it comes from, be they Black, White or other. Righteous indignation is simply a response to long-standing evil." (Lauryn Hill's Tumblr)

Thoughts?

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smh @ expecting the universe to right itself.

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I see her point....There's plenty ? who hate white folk blindly yet have never had any real interaction with them...They hear incomplete stories of the slave trade(ironically; the bits and pieced they want us to hear in school) and become militant against whites...Having no understanding that not only have whites been slaves as well, but also that we blacks ourselves have enslaved/murdered/tortured our own people...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Not sure why anyone would listen to Lauryn Hill. ? is ? .
  • international
    Lol @ the thread title. It's 2013 and white people still think it's a compliment to point out that educated black people can articulate themselves well.

The reason for that part of the thread title is because this is being labeled as 'Lauryn's rant on racism', and this ain't no rant and will let the reader know that they're actually in for something well written and insightful got nothing to do with anything else.

And for the 'white ppl' shot that you just took, I would take a pic right now of my BLACK middle finger at your troll ass, but you ain't even worth the reaction.
  • international
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    While I see her point....There's plenty ? who hate white folk blindly yet have never had any real interaction with them...They hear incomplete stories of the slave trade(ironically; the bits and pieced they want us to hear in school) and become militant against whites...Having no understanding that not only have whites been slaves as well, but also that we blacks ourselves have enslaved/murdered/tortured our own people...

Good point, there are plenty that just hate or are misguided in their hate, but this all comes from somewhere, which is what she was trying to point to. And to address your other point, about blacks themselves enslaving/murdering and etc, that transpired because many were forced or put in a position, where they felt they had to and were too weak or ignorant of any other alternatives. And that's a whole other argument too.
  • international

So your going to discredit all that you read, based on a depiction created by the media and other agents? And, let's say that was the case, does that invalidate what she just spoke on?

Some of yall ? real easy targets...
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the white/black accusation on this site on 2013, @soul rattler but that is some ? somebody white would do
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

must be speakin about yourself there...except you're a cracka
  • international
    edited June 2013
    ^^^^lmaooo@ how you and your idol manage to post at the same time! No ?

damn shame@ the distractive strategies being used in this thread, I do expect that from such a ? ...but the ? with the black women andkid should ? himself.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? needs to comb her hair and pay her taxes.
  • Stew
    edited June 2013

So your going to discredit all that you read, based on a depiction created by the media and other agents? And, let's say that was the case, does that invalidate what she just spoke on?

I didnt read the ? cause I dont listen to what entertainers have to say about ? like this. I have family and a brain for that. ? I look like listening to her unstable ass ramble about racism lol
  • A1000MILES
    Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo...I spit out my Corona, ? , ? you...
  • international

I didnt read the ? cause I dont listen to what entertainers have to say about ? like this. I have family and a brain for that. ? I look like listening to her unstable ass ramble about racism lol

So you don't listen to anything outside of your brain and family? How do you expect to broaden your horizons, being so close minded?

Nevermind...
  • international
    edited June 2013

Is there a vacancy for a mod spot or some ? ? Cuz that ? weren't funny, hop of his ? ? .
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao this fruity ass dude catches feelings everytime someone disagrees with him
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? is about to make me pull out a dictionary.

? ? dammit.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    F#ck dem other n$ggaz cuz Im down for my n$ggaz?
  • Stew

So you don't listen to anything outside of your brain and family? How do you expect to broaden your horizons, being so close minded?

Nevermind...

I said entertainers ? . They entertain us instead of teach us for a reason. I ain't sayin nobody else shld, just how I feel.
  • A1000MILES

Is there a vacancy for a mod spot or some ? ? Cuz that ? weren't funny, hop of his ? ? .

Well...My post was directed towards @PaulHate. ...Hop off mine and move on sir....
  • international

Well...My post was directed towards @PaulHate. ...Hop off mine and move on sir....

oh my bad, i can't admit to my wrongs.
  • international

Nevermind...

I said entertainers ? . They entertain us instead of teach us for a reason. I ain't sayin nobody else shld, just how I feel.

You'd be surprised at the kind of ppl that you could gain from by listening/reading and remaining objective. And I don't mean accepting their whole argument of the bat neither, but some things you will be able to take from it...
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least she's using the platform she has to speak on something that she felt needed addressing (and is actually relevant).

Was she supposed to say "Bow Down ? ?"