Lauren Hill adresses the concept of 'Reverse Racism'! Very well written and articulated.

Options

Comments

• international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    At least she's using the platform she has to speak on something that she felt needed addressing (and is actually relevant).

Was she supposed to say "Bow Down ? ?"

Exactly, replies like this make this thread worthy, regardless of as few as there may be.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a very thin line but it is to an extent a 2 way street at times. Just like miles said i know black folk who don't even give white folk a chance on a case by case basis that ain't right. But at the same time moving in the burbs some of the ? is funny and rediculous at the same damn time. Im not talking about white folk using slurs and ? . But like it was mentioned the prejudice of "oh do you play ball" or "you so well spoken" or "i have black friends". some of it isn't 100% of purpose but still.

The one thing I hate as a black man is other black folk using race as a excuse. Yes you still get profiled in areas you still get more jail time if you get caught with weed. But those injustices should never be an excuse. And part of the issue is my generation weather growing up in the hood or suburbs or country have had better access. I know people in the hood that got a bigger TV and better Kicks and a nicer phone. And i think because many kids are handed ? even being black they use race to stop them. And that is holding brothas and sistas back.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    put it in a rap...
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    like I said in the other thread....? squad is in full force today
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing but truth has been spoken...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Not sure why anyone would listen to Lauryn Hill. ? is ? .
    this ? an Eminem stan tho...

Is that all you got bro? Takin the easy route like most ? . Coward
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I ain't get past the second sentence..
    put it in a rap...
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^..
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get the white/black accusation on this site on 2013, @soul rattler but that is some ? somebody white would do

Right. That's all I was saying. But you know a wet hurt dog hollers.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    put it in a rap...

This point was better executed in the format that it's presented. Lauryn speed raps through everything these days and she'd have to release the lyrics anyway in order to clearly hear what's being said. Her addressing that in rap wouldn't be as effective unless she chilled on speeding through her verses.

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure why anyone would listen to Lauryn Hill. ? is ? .

INB4 you be called a ? .
  • Stew
    Options
  • Stew
    Options
    Pretty sure that's one been used already. Good try tho
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not one ? that wacked me can discredit what I said...
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TS cried when Paula Deen got fired
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to highlight the stupity of the term

im going to place the word reverse in front of a couple of words

reverse terrorism

reverse colonialism
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    like I said in the other thread....? squad is in full force today

And they out bombing on ? for ?
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    very well written/articulated? don't be so surprised! the libraries are still open!
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reverse racism is ? b, it's just racism.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    speaking of ? where is bcotton homes be caping for the white girl mob even tho they be using the n-word
  • international
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Its a very thin line but it is to an extent a 2 way street at times. Just like miles said i know black folk who don't even give white folk a chance on a case by case basis that ain't right. But at the same time moving in the burbs some of the ? is funny and rediculous at the same damn time. Im not talking about white folk using slurs and ? . But like it was mentioned the prejudice of "oh do you play ball" or "you so well spoken" or "i have black friends". some of it isn't 100% of purpose but still.

The one thing I hate as a black man is other black folk using race as a excuse. Yes you still get profiled in areas you still get more jail time if you get caught with weed. But those injustices should never be an excuse. And part of the issue is my generation weather growing up in the hood or suburbs or country have had better access. I know people in the hood that got a bigger TV and better Kicks and a nicer phone. And i think because many kids are handed ? even being black they use race to stop them. And that is holding brothas and sistas back.

Much better reply, and good point. It's important to have different perspectives in such an argument.
  • international
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Apart from the the few simple/distracting replies from a few, I like the direction that this thread has taken.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know why everybody always wanna talk about our oppression, thats what has us in this position... I dont know why more people dont reflect on the fact that blacks use to enslave lighter skinned people in biblical times, the story has literally been re-written in the past 500 years.

I agree with what she's saying but disagree just like I do with teaching about African Slaves or mistreatment of black people in general in every history class you ever take in American schools, its reprogramming

You teach a person his ancestors where slaves and killed for speaking up, he'll internalize it and make excuses, you tell them there ancestors were kings and Jesus, they'll feel confident and adapt...

Far too much I feel like that black viewpoint comes out of bitter lips, and you wonder why knowone listens to any of the pseudo-intellectuals, they just want people tell them they are right... Lauren Hill dont care about nobody damn struggles.
  • international
    Options
    I dont know why everybody always wanna talk about our oppression, thats what has us in this position... I dont know why more people dont reflect on the fact that blacks use to enslave lighter skinned people in biblical times, the story has literally been re-written in the past 500 years.

I agree with what she's saying but disagree just like I do with teaching about African Slaves or mistreatment of black people in general in every history class you ever take in American schools, its reprogramming

You teach a person his ancestors where slaves and killed for speaking up, he'll internalize it and make excuses, you tell them there ancestors were kings and Jesus, they'll feel confident and adapt...

Far too much I feel like that black viewpoint comes out of bitter lips, and you wonder why knowone listens to any of the pseudo-intellectuals, they just want people tell them they are right... Lauren Hill dont care about nobody damn struggles.

That's a pretty strong statement and I don't think your in the best position to make that kinda statement.