Comments

• HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    "jump the shark" tho?

is that some new york ? or sumn?

That's a common phrase when something starts going downhill. It started when Fonzie tried to jump over a shark on an episode of Happy Days

u know ? is like Happy Days? Fonzy ? the fucc
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a friend (male) who is a HUGE fan of JA. HE has him on his phone as a screensaver, the one of him out of jail shirtless flexing LMAO and he always keeps up to date on EVERYthing Ja is doing! LOL ? is crazy. I just can't see the reason behind it all.. not when you're a man
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when he refused to do anything but pop records and all that singing ? .i understand he wanted commercial success but abandoning being a rapper to sing though? ? all that. R.U.L.E album was the end for him imo.

true but look @ today with Drake ... ijs ja rule was a little to ahead of his time on some Mc Hammer ish ......
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    I have a friend (male) who is a HUGE fan of JA. HE has him on his phone as a screensaver, the one of him out of jail shirtless flexing LMAO and he always keeps up to date on EVERYthing Ja is doing! LOL ? is crazy. I just can't see the reason behind it all.. not when you're a man

Your friend is ? .

• antarticp
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »
    KLICHE wrote: »

Your friend is ? .

lol damn he might just be lol
  • antarticp
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Nate D.O. wrote: »
    Kellmill wrote: »
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    "jump the shark" tho?

is that some new york ? or sumn?

That's a common phrase when something starts going downhill. It started when Fonzie tried to jump over a shark on an episode of Happy Days

u know ? is like Happy Days? Fonzy ? the fucc

? fonzy is timeless ... it was before my time and even i know who he is .. somehow that dude just lives on with no commerical air play lol ... i think he was one of the first mainstream swagged out bad ? before andrew dice clay lol .......
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ricky.G wrote: »
    i dont get why ja gets the most flock for jockin pac wen half the rap game did also

Exactly, plus the fact that a lot of ? are featherweights and dickriders, and even in here won't admit that they were under 50's spell, you know how many times I heard ? on here basically say the same ? that 50 would say in interviews, adopting that ? 's mentality and taste in music, smh... and that's what ? will never admit, that they ain't have a mind of their own and jumped on the bandwagon like ? , be real yall.
  • antarticp
    Options
    i dont get why ja gets the most flock for jockin pac wen half the rap game did also

Exactly, plus the fact that a lot of ? are featherweights and dickriders, and even in here won't admit that they were under 50's spell, you know how many times I heard ? on here basically say the same ? that 50 would say in interviews, adopting that ? 's mentality and taste in music, smh... and that's what ? will never admit, that they ain't have a mind of their own and jumped on the bandwagon like ? , be real yall.

Gunit Soldiers .........................................
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funny thing is gunit made their singles just as sweet and ? sounding as ja rule did but they balanced it out with mixtapes and the album material was harder.

Basically ja rules plan but smarter.gunit only fell cuz of over branding and fifths big ass mouth.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When somebody clowned him for the "WHAT WOULD I BE WITHOUT YOOOUUUU" ? lol I forgot who and where it came from cause high as ? right now but yea he started to go overboard with the pop songs is what got him in trouble. He always did it but kept it at a minimum at first.

it was that g-unit/ shady aftermath collabo when 50 em some d12members and busta teamed up to clown ja.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol mad funny I came across this thread. A bish I was with put on a lil mix and that Wonderful cut came on. Neways yeah I think right in the summer of 02 when Ja jumped ship. Aint gunna lie homie was dope specially if u had a bish around
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Because nobody else went on the radio screaming "Ya'll want to see Pac come back. Well he's here ? ." Plus the ? clearly bothered Ja. Plenty rappers get compared to Pac, but the ? was something that clearly ? with Ja's head so those who don't like him used that against him
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Lol ja rule is a better lyricst than drake man,you young cats be bugging sometimes.
  • antarticp
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    Lol ja rule is a better lyricst than drake man,you young cats be bugging sometimes.

i wouldnt say better lyricist but def more relate-able content wise on his female tracks .... drake talking about going in ? purses and ? lol .... ja would of never penned some pany hose ish like that lol .....

i was thinking a Drake vs Ja Rule thread would be pretty dope cause those dudes are very similar in how they delivered thier music .....................

• Paul Hate.
    Options
    Yo listen to drakes I'm just saying ? and them songs with timbaland..drake is barley hip hop to me.ja lost me at the very end...
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ja Rule jumped the shark the minute he decided to pick up a microphone.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ya but see the outlawz didnt have no problem with it. Everyone started to have a problem with wen 5-0 said it. 5-0 got yall minds all ? up .