I listened to Yeezus 10 days later.. My Review.

Options
goldenja
goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in The Reason
So, My boy finally got me to sit down and listen to this album in full with no interruptions.

He told me that what inspired him to make an album this experimental, was because he was living overseas (Europe) and went to an art museum and studied "minimal art" and was also inspired by some of the music out there too.

For people who don't know what minimal art is, it's art with little information, but makes a huge impact..

Why do I compare Minimal art to Yeezus? Well, because there wasn't a whole lot of instruments going on in the tracks. Usually a few instruments/sounds and vocals. If I'm correct, he recorded most of it in his living room or something? Pretty damn cool if you ask me.

People keep going on and on about this album is "genius" & "ahead of its time"

In my opinion, I MIGHT of agreed with these statements.. But I'm not, because it's not true.

This album just reminds me of Q-Tips "Kamaal the Abstract" which was originally suppose to be released in... 2002. Personally, It's a LOOOT better than Yeezus.

I ain't mad at Kanye for making an album like this. I actually respect him for it. But, I'm not going to buy it.

WHY?... Because he's not saying anything. And I thought it was pretty unorganized to be honest. It had its funny moments, but, I wasn't impressed.

At the end of the day...

I'm Giving this album a 2.5/5

Comments

• Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Baw$3$mok3.JR Members Posts: 466
    Options
    WHY?... Because he's not saying anything. And I thought it was pretty unorganized to be honest. It had its funny moments, but, I wasn't impressed.

Ding Ding

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree with this thread 100%.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agreed although I admit it grows on me w/ each listen..........................................could just be the weed tho.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get in a car and drive it into yo friend
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree 100%
    Only 5 songs I really like from this the rest are forgettable.
    That's half that isn't a good album if you ask.
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with the album..i like it for what it is but props to you for actually sitting down and going through it properly instead of just skimming through it and callin it wack...
  • bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    People keep going on and on about this album is "genius" & "ahead of its time"

I thought it was pretty unorganized to be honest.

Kanye will always be Kanye and be dope. I think people who overate ? must not know music. So the genius & ahead of its time comments I don't get.

Can you elaborate on the album being unorganized?

• goldenja
    edited June 2013
    Options
    @bbkg79

I say this album wasn't "genius" or "ahead of his time" is because, well, that's how I felt about Late Registration. And Yeezus didn't make me feel that way, at all.

I thought it was unorganized because, I personally felt like some of the tracks were in the wrong places. By that I mean it didn't flow right to me. It was kind of a hard pill to swallow.. And what I'm hearing, it was last second because Rick Rubin did some last second tweaking or something. Am I right?

With all that said I don't HATE Kanye by any means. this album was just not impressive.

Hope I broke it down for good enough man.
  • goldenja
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    GET ME MY ? CROISSANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, that was one of the funny moments I was talking about.
  • goldenja
    Options
    J. Will wrote: »
    I ? with the album..i like it for what it is but props to you for actually sitting down and going through it properly instead of just skimming through it and callin it wack...

thanks man.

I ain't knocking you down for ? ' wit it either
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the unorganized aspect of the albums is what makes me like it so much

Not saying a cohesive album wouldn't have been better but the randomness adds to THIS album

seems like everything about this album was supposed to be unorganized, from the album case to the marketing of it

I'm only ? he misrepresented it, but the music is good
  • goldenja
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »

Not saying a cohesive album wouldn't have been better but the randomness adds to THIS album

seems like everything about this album was supposed to be unorganized, from the album case to the marketing of it

@Chicity

I respect your opinion..

so you do agree with me that its kinda unorganized tho?
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just seen GQ etherin the hell outta Yeezus....

I mean they was even cursin him out like ? Kanye West no seriously Fuuuuuuck Kanye West like damn they mad
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »

@Chicity

I respect your opinion..

so you do agree with me that its kinda unorganized tho?
    Fo sho!

it's all over the place and literally feels as if different songs, from 808-Cruel Summer, was thrown together and pressed unto a album

Doesn't feel as if Rubin had a hand in it @ all

Doesn't feel as if he worked on it in 3 weeks

Doesn't feel as if he embodies none of the ? he was kicking about 'controlling the music' and 'defining the culture'

However, it's good.
    I thought I was buying a 8 cylinder and got sold a 6. Brought it for cheap tho so ehhh
  • bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotcha, I didn't feel that way when listening. But I like to take other peoples opinion into account then go back and see if I can pinpoint what they're talking about
    @bbkg79

I say this album wasn't "genius" or "ahead of his time" is because, well, that's how I felt about Late Registration. And Yeezus didn't make me feel that way, at all.

I thought it was unorganized because, I personally felt like some of the tracks were in the wrong places. By that I mean it didn't flow right to me. It was kind of a hard pill to swallow.. And what I'm hearing, it was last second because Rick Rubin did some last second tweaking or something. Am I right?

With all that said I don't HATE Kanye by any means. this album was just not impressive.

• goldenja
    Options
    bbkg79 wrote: »
    Gotcha, I didn't feel that way when listening. But I like to take other peoples opinion into account then go back and see if I can pinpoint what they're talking about
    @bbkg79

on some real ? , let me know if you think any different after a few more listens. I would appreciate it.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Get in a car and drive it into yo friend

I'm sorry ma'am but....I nicked your son with my car..okay, i smashed into your son!
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked Yeezus from the first time I heard it actually. Few days ago I took it on a road trip with me to Vegas and played it all the way through while driving, and I still like it. So its good with me.
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this production is a breath of fresh air but lyrically its trash....kanye is getting less lyrical ass the albums come
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this production is a breath of fresh air but lyrically its trash....kanye is getting less lyrical ass the albums come

ghost writers are getting expensive...
  • Brayden206
    Brayden206 Members Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yeah, this album is just ok. I tried getting into it, but I just have no urge to listen to it after the first few listens. The production is nice, but the lyrics are pretty bad.
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's hard to follow up one of the greatest albums in music history...so he pulled another 808's style album that will get people talkin regardless whether they like it or not. Number 1 worldwide with no promotion, seems to have worked