Young_Chitlin needs sound advice V

Options
Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
I need some sound advice again, feel free to chime in on either one

1) I was at the movies, waiting in line for the theater to open up. Was discussing something related to getting a Master's degree in Social Work to accentuate the current job I have. An old woman tapped me on the shoulder and said simply that it would be a "huge mistake" to do that. My brother said I should go for an MBA with an emphasis on Social Work, if that is what I want to do. What do you think? I think I'm going for the MBA, but what should the "emphasis" be on that would help my current job?

2) I helped my mom out paying her phone bill, even as I'm tight on cash myself. Would you still help your parent out with a bill, if that meant getting a card charged off, late fees, or some other penalty on your credit?

Comments

• Real Lady2
    Real Lady2 Members Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    1) Do whatever best fits your career path afterwards

2) I'd pay it, I couldn't sleep well knowing my parents were struggling and I could help
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your momma took care of you your whole life. You pay that damn phone bill

as far as the first part do what everyone else says.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah sure do what you wish.

And yeah I guess I would pay the phone bill. It'd be easier then having to her listen bout how I am ungrateful and ? .
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1) I was at the movies, waiting in line for the theater to open up. Was discussing something related to getting a Master's degree in Social Work to accentuate the current job I have. An old woman tapped me on the shoulder and said simply that it would be a "huge mistake" to do that. My brother said I should go for an MBA with an emphasis on Social Work, if that is what I want to do. What do you think? I think I'm going for the MBA, but what should the "emphasis" be on that would help my current job?

2) I helped my mom out paying her phone bill, even as I'm tight on cash myself. Would you still help your parent out with a bill, if that meant getting a card charged off, late fees, or some other penalty on your credit?

how is that going to help at GM?
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »

how is that going to help at GM?

Don't work there anymore, I work for the grand canyon state as a support coordinator
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1) ? anyone who tells you an education is a mistake..........

2) Yes...... Never let change come between your folks, b...........

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1) Look at the job description / requirements for your target job and see what type of degrees they require.

2) I'd help my parents but if they ? ' up, I'd let'em know.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. No. I am currently a crim major looking to ? of the social sciences and get into a STEM program. I seldom hear of people with that much knowledge of social sciences getting high paying jobs outside of university professors... which isnt too bad but I dont want to teach.

2. I never miss credit card payments. Better to be late on other bills imo.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will always take care of moms....i just drop off loot just because...

But man do what you think is right. Your path is your path.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    I will always take care of moms....i just drop off loot just because...

But man do what you think is right. Your path is your path.

At all times, remember "blood is thicker than water"...no one will celebrate and hope for your success and no one will hurt from your failures more than mom dukes...I know the sacrifice moms have and will make for me...credit report ? ? credit report?

• NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where the news at b?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldnt let no old cracka tap me on the shoulder
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't comment on the first but a phone bill can wait
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dog late fees ? up your credit.My mother still tells me not to ? up my credit.Get her in a family plan.