Have any black pro athletes' children become anything great in something other than sports and

Options
2»

Comments

• KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    U make sum terrible threads

How is this terrible?
    It's terrible cuz I ain't reading all that ?
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U make sum terrible threads

How is this terrible?
    It's terrible cuz I ain't reading all that ?

It's not that much. I mean really. Plus it's about something important. I thought you were a conscious brother.
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To answer the thread, Kareem Abdul-Jabar's son is some kind of doctor
  • Undefeatable
    edited June 2013
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    To answer the thread, Kareem Abdul-Jabar's son is some kind of doctor

That's great. I didn't know that. I just did some research and found him: https://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/orthopaedics/residency_residents.aspx There should be more people like him.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Um...I can understand and respect your opinion but at the end of the day its not up to any one black family to "uplift" the race. In keeping with the athlete theme: It's a team effort.
    yeah but at the same time there are ALOT of black athletes getting ALOT of money. thats a whole convo in itself tho.

and to the people who came right in the thread missing the point, this is the reason why we never get anywhere. every other group poses like they are just individuals but really they stick together at the end of the day. you dumb ? try to be like them and stand as an individual on some real ? LOL then have the nerve to sit here and watch this trayvon martin ? and wonder why they ? our kids whenever they feel like it. they do it because they know we never stand together for ? . let one of you ? some little white girl and you already know youre doing triple life or getting a lethal injection.... THATS THE DIFFERENCE ....

so yes, even things that seem to not matter we have to stick together on .... if you want to win out here

group economics and group politics for the win
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    as for the threadstarter... there are quite a few examples of athletes kids who are doing other things and doing well in life. in fact, its more rare to see a pro players kid go pro than it is to see them doing other things
  • LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , name some white athletes' kids that became anything great in something
    other than sports and entertainment.

• Undefeatable
    Options
    as for the threadstarter... there are quite a few examples of athletes kids who are doing other things and doing well in life. in fact, its more rare to see a pro players kid go pro than it is to see them doing other things

I agree with the bolded, but I'm not sure about the first sentence. Post some links if you have them.
    ? , name some white athletes' kids that became anything great in something
    other than sports and entertainment.

I'm not concerned with whites, but I have heard of some (can't remember the names right now) who played ball at Ivy League schools and didn't go pro after.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken one of Magic Johnson's sons runs the majority of ? for him and has for a good while now
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Twenty million a year is middle class..I assume most become trust fund babies and study.
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Honestly if my pops is Lebron or dwade I wouldn't do ? but spend money and ? ? all day..go to school for something I like..work for what?u rich.
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Dammit you made a point at the end though.

I mean you see other races and cultures ,once they get some money they build on it spread the wealth make communities

stronger...as blacks we really are selfish and live in the now too much, this ain't those Black Wall Street days anymore son

Cuz things were segregated back then you had to have black grocery stores and restuarants some banks and insurance companies etc...

No excuse for why those things are a dying thing now but millioanaires shouldn't be in middle class areas it's pointless..
  • Undefeatable
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    Honestly if my pops is Lebron or dwade I wouldn't do ? but spend money and ? ? all day..go to school for something I like..work for what?u rich.

And then you or your children or their children will end up broke with no skills to make a decent living.
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Not everybody is iverson dog,yeh I know there's more iversons than magics in the world.but that's on them.if that was me I'd save nd invest most that money live lavish but realize it could end.

I wouldn't trip out if my kids drop out of college to open up a skate shop in Los Angeles if I'm a nine figure ? dogs...u feel me..if I know he to more Han forty million coming to hm when he turns twenty five or whatever the ? ..I'm not gonna trip just show him the risk of whack money management.

Rich kids don't have to go to school dogs.this isn't he Disney channel dogs..
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    That's what We all work for for our kids to have better life..If I have Hollywood money I wouldn't even want my kids working,rather have them going to school and seeing the world and enjoying themselves..they don't have to work..