What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

J Cole Album was Boring.

Replies

• Sweat jonesSweat jones Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    He seems like a dick rider the type that said he was gonna become a rapper no matter what kinda like his producing
    Top Five Producers:
    1.Dilla
    2.Alchemist
    3.RZA
    4.Kanye
    5.Black Milk

Top Five Rappers
    1.Nas
    2.BIG
    3.Jay
    4.Prodigy (Infamous - H.N.I.C.)
    5.(Tie) Royce/Elhzi
  • Sweat jonesSweat jones Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Its good but something is missing

Personality
    Top Five Producers:
    1.Dilla
    2.Alchemist
    3.RZA
    4.Kanye
    5.Black Milk

Top Five Rappers
    1.Nas
    2.BIG
    3.Jay
    4.Prodigy (Infamous - H.N.I.C.)
    5.(Tie) Royce/Elhzi
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cole is trash. I honestly don't how y'all grew up listening to legends, but tolerate someone so average and monotone.

Dude shouldn't even have a record deal if you want to keep all the way real.
    Melanin_Enriched [Deleted User]YamoleySenseiohhhlabuttuh_bStoneColdMikeyrip.dillaandre_1024Tommy bilfiger
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    I thought the album was dope. Coles style is laid back. Y'all should know that by now. That's like listening to a Meek Mill album then complaining about the yelling. Y'all want him to make music y'all think he should make. Just accept him for what he is or stop listening to his shit.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
    Disciplined InSight
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both of which cole doesn't have.
    *Top 5 background poster*
    Started fucking with photoshop
    superstarcole.gif
    YamoleySenseibuttuh_bStoneColdMikeyalmighty breeze
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    LMAO @ you ADHD ass niggas.
    To be a real hood you need more than just a gun. You need ideas.

tumblr_m9zas2KcdZ1rnneano1_1280.gif
    5th LetterDarthRozayidoitforhiphop10CashmoneyDux
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Sion Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the album, but the boring connotation is VERY understandable, its not an album where I can just sit still n listen, cuz I'm likely to nod off, personally I'd love for Cole to hit up krit for some beats
    Scotty ATL feat. Bankroll Fresh-Thinkin Bout A Check

Nebu Kiniza-Gassed Up

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

R.D. wrote: »
    You just don't know much about basketball

8357pi1pdpbh.png
    R.D. wrote: »
    And Wall isn't better than Rondo

Even this moody, play when he want Rondo

Give s2j his swag back n let him Mack disabled children in peace, lame ass nigga
    StoneColdMikeyandre_1024
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they always said that about nas ... which is my favorite artist so i prob will like this if thats the case ..... need to go cop it wtf am i waiting for lol ...
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yamoley

Struck a nerve? Good. Take some ADHD medication and calm down.
    To be a real hood you need more than just a gun. You need ideas.

tumblr_m9zas2KcdZ1rnneano1_1280.gif
  • DetroitBoi313DetroitBoi313 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was a known fact.
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cole is trash. I honestly don't how y'all grew up listening to legends, but tolerate someone so average and monotone.

Dude shouldn't even have a record deal if you want to keep all the way real.

Real.
    BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
    StoneColdMikeyTommy bilfiger
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Yes sir you are right, I listened to it off the strength of this thread...

Right now im on #9 Rich Niggaz feelin intimidated by the next 12 songs... not sure I can sit through this whole thing yall

BTW: What the fuck was up with that drum pattern on She Knows? Cole a clueless producer yo
    16_1_2.gif
  • almighty breezealmighty breeze Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J. Cole isnt gonna change the problem is its too many damn songs FOR HIM. i remember on my first listen thinkin at about track 9 (w/e Rich Niggas is) wow none of these songs are wack but i have no clue how im gonna get thru 6-7 more tracks of this

He needs 13 max. Villuminati, Trouble & She Knows would sound totally different with only 4 tracks left instead of 9
  • Jabu_RuleJabu_Rule Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J. Cole isnt gonna change the problem is its too many damn songs FOR HIM. i remember on my first listen thinkin at about track 9 (w/e Rich Niggas is) wow none of these songs are wack but i have no clue how im gonna get thru 6-7 more tracks of this

He needs 13 max. Villuminati, Trouble & She Knows would sound totally different with only 4 tracks left instead of 9

You hit the nail on the head. That's how i feel about his previous work. I looked at the track listen and was like damn, i hope most of that is skits. I gonna try but i just haven't really felt his previous work. it's definitely no Tribes Called Quest. Very lyrical though but after awhile that shit all becomes word salad.
    beyonce-jay-z-blue-ivy-bikes-7e423fe2-53e3-4784-9386-73b60ac360f5.jpg
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,663 Regulator
    The Gifted is NOT better than Born Sinner....

Wale is garbage.

Cole's album is ok, the tone is sleepy but it's was decent. It's better than that bullshit Yeezus album.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    DarthRozayalmighty breezeDisciplined InSightohhhla
  • CoolJoeCoolJoe Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »

Wale is garbage.

Cole's album is ok, the tone is sleepy but it's was decent. It's better than that bullshit Yeezus album.

What's so "garbage" about him?
    CashmoneyDux
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    c. skillz wrote: »
    Music is entertainment. Whether it has you bouncing off walls or laid back in a zone, it should be entertaining. Em & Nas have never made a song that had me bouncing off walls, but the vividness in the stories and portrayals made me feel right there with them.

Regardless of how deep or shallow it is, personality and conviction is what makes the shit pop.

What about Oochie Wally?

hahaha
    tumblr_mldz8wN84X1rc2u19o2_400.gif

icUWzM.gif

Top 10:
    Jay Electronica
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Elzhi
    Phonte
    MF Doom
    Lil B
    Kebee
    Verbal Jint
    Wretch 32
    DarthRozayrip.dilla
  • Infamous.H_G_CInfamous.H_G_C Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Oochie Wally and You Owe Me were dope! Niggas shit on em cause they came from Nas!
    If Lil Wayne or Drake dropped them records, y'all niggas would be beating off in front of ya speaker!
    FOH!!

And how is BORN SINNER boring? An album you can listen all the way through, sequenced almost perfectly! There's one track that doesn't fit in the line up. Only one.

Eh, it's whateva!

nopekid.gif
    Game of Thrones (Season 3) - HBO
    sdotcarter111sdotcarter111
    May 13
    Ygritte is the sexiest ugly bitch on tv.

No lips, no body, you wouldn't even holla at 3am before taking another shot of Goose. And you know the breath and puss are straight fire. She barely bathes, has no mouthwash or toothbrush, hasn't washed the puss since Joffrey was born, and eats meat thats damn near raw. Her breath could probably skin a rabbit and her pussy is like a komodo dragon's mouth.

But I still wanna beat that.

Shit don't even make sense b.
    Disciplined InSight
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time i heard j cole was on a road trip 2 years ago

Sideline story been lost in the boondocks ever since
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
    buttuh_b
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »

Wale is garbage.

Get the fuck out of here. The gifted shits all over that shitty ass album. There's zero replay for bullshit album unless you think hearing about j cole's feeling sad about being deprived of nas' thumbs up.
    *Top 5 background poster*
    Started fucking with photoshop
    superstarcole.gif
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea this junt on the shelf collecting dust already.....runaway and chaining day are the only junts I really bump.....rest of the album is ok just not hitting on much for real.....the statik and wale been getting more play from me