What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

J Cole Album was Boring.

1235»

Replies

• StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 33,542 Regulator
    Gifted had a few cuts on there I really like. some not so well. its a pretty decent album , i expected a much better one though after those songs he dropped the year prior ..
    #Mikeyismod2017
  • idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This album came out at the wrong time. If this came out in the fall/winter time, I think it would've had a better reception.

It did have a good reception though, the album went gold. It's not like he took a step backwards like Big Sean did with Detroit, it's better than his debut.

I was talkin about critical reception. Sideline Story actually got better reviews than Born Sinner did.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/cole-world-the-sideline-story/j-cole

http://www.metacritic.com/music/born-sinner/j-cole

Fav Rappers No order:

Schoolboy Q
    Joey Bada$$
    J. Cole
    Ab-Soul
    Lupe Fiasco
    Kendrick Lamar
    Chance The Rapper
    Big K.R.I.T.
    StoneColdMikey
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Sion Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the album, but the boring connotation is VERY understandable, its not an album where I can just sit still n listen, cuz I'm likely to nod off, personally I'd love for Cole to hit up krit for some beats

this still needs to happen, also i still havent gone back to listen to either j. cole album twice
    Scotty ATL feat. Bankroll Fresh-Thinkin Bout A Check

Nebu Kiniza-Gassed Up

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

R.D. wrote: »
    You just don't know much about basketball

8357pi1pdpbh.png
    R.D. wrote: »
    And Wall isn't better than Rondo

Even this moody, play when he want Rondo

Give s2j his swag back n let him Mack disabled children in peace, lame ass nigga
  • SuperSoakerSuperSoaker Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought sideline story was better. Shit rise and shine is so goat. Too me born sinner was more consistent but the highs were higher on ss.
  • LustchyldLustchyld Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    runaway and sparks will fly are the dopest cuts on the album
    Lil bastard yall..

Le don de Dieu aux femmes

• silverfoxxsilverfoxx Sion Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just feel like he lost that special feel to his music. His beats just feel forced and he sounds a little uninspired.
    StillFaggyAF