Reasonable Doubt is not a classic.

Options

Comments

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    Reasonable Doubt >>> ?

Hell no!!! Maybe when it came to overall wordplay its better but The production on ? buts the beats Jay Z used to absolute shame with the exception of D Evils and Brooklyn's Finest. Only weak beat on ? was Loddy doddy.

Pump Pump beat >>>>>> any beat on Reasonable Dought
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    hnic1978 wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    politics as usual ..........terrible, you pose to be a dope dealing thug yet you.rappin over Ron Isley's romance beat? ummmmm nawl

22 twos ........had dope concept yet the beat was so wack its unforgivable.

Aint no ? ........wack beat and the concept condones simping which im against. On top of that Foxy murked him oj his own ? .

Yall ? gotta be kidding me with the wack beats on regrets and coming of age

^ ^ Those alone cause the album to not be a classic.

Feelin it and friend or foe wasnt wack but wasnt super duper great either. I actually like friend or foe 2 off of vol 1 better even tho its extra short.

both can i lives were dope tho

overall some joints were very good like the ones in my last post. some like feelin it were ok, but some were down right snoozers or too ? retro and thats the honest truth. I dont see what the fuss was about with people throwing the "classic" word around loosely. And before people dismiss me as a Nas fan, I feel like It was written was better than Illmatic overall so I aint just tryna be hard on Jay.

There you have it, happy 4th of July ? !

If you gonna talk ? about something have ur facts correct the sample is from the Stylistics.

I dont care if its the muda ? Temptations song, its still teribbly wack and I havent gotten to the last verse of that song yet without having to skip to Brooklyns Finest and its been years sence I stole the CD (i refused to buy it)

? wack sauce ?

• DR. JEK
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    LOL@ Foxy rippin Jay on 'Ain't No ? '.

He's the reason why it was tolerable.

i gotta nosign that. Foxy tore his verses up. most of the people I knew thought she stole the show like she did on LL's I shot cha
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? were you listening to you?
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    he said more black girls between my sheets than essence

the rest was horrible

and the beat to that song is woat

look at all the ? that codone a song about paying a jump offs bills in here with that Sanfranciso 49ers defense of this song. Shame on you ? !!! probably the same cats in other threads that claim yall hard on hoes. smh
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Man, I hate that song, tho.

I just disagree with you on Foxy rippin him.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt isn't a non-classic because it lacked impact (which it did). It's a non-classic because the music wasn't that good, Jay wasn't sharp on the mic yet and couldn't craft great songs.
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Do classics have to have a deep impact? I think there are albums we consider as a collective to be classics but don't necessarily have a deep impact. RD is an album i initially considered to be overrated(mostly because I was a Nas stan) but it fits my personal definition of a classic. It was the pinnacle mafioso rap cd along with OBFCL and It was written. But Jay-Z showed us something that those two albums didn't which was the psyche of a drug dealer. Gluttony, fear, regrets, paranoia and showed us the biggest contrast of poverty and wealth on Can I live..."? was classic b"
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Reasonable Doubt isn't a non-classic because it lacked impact (which it did). It's a non-classic because the music wasn't that good, Jay wasn't sharp on the mic yet and couldn't craft great songs.

Please tell me this is just a terrible attempt at trolling.......
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    My bad, Dr. Jek.
    i
    You were right about Ain't No ? .

Can you please flag that disgusting post of mines?

It's only fair.

Its ok bro, regradless of if we agree or disagree on the Jay/Foxy thing, I just appreciate you tellin the truth about thats song. the worst song on there along with number 2 politics as usual I think.

I just think there was too much meh beats on 4 or 5 of them joints to be a classic. now if a nigha wanna give it 3 1/2 to 4 then im good w9ith that. I just dont agree that just becase hes the biggest rapper in the world in this day and age doesn't mean we have to overate his debut. Its ok to get better as you.go along in your career. Your first album dont have to be a classic to validate you. ITS OK THAT ITS ONLY A 3 an Half !! thats what the jigga warriors that nosign me is not understanding. ? still got blue print and black album to fall back on.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No he wasn't sharp. That ? was Fu-Snickens residuals. If you think Big L is sharp I guess..... That album wasn't bad but you could tell he improved in pretty much every aspect on his second album.

The effects of Jay telling y'all time and again that his debut was a classic is remarkable. Sorry I don't regurgitate what I'm told. Those tracks arent live like that b. In My Lifetime got better gems.. He's just a better rapper on his sophomore. He sounds more confident, the songs aren't boring. That's when he became the Hov that people call the goat. It's funny because the songs I prefer on RD are ones people don't normally talk about like Bring It On. The second half of the album is better to me. Songs like Dead Prez 2 are ? snooze fests to me though. Just being honest.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    No he wasn't sharp. That ? was Fu-Snickens residuals. If you think Big L is sharp I guess..... That album wasn't bad but you could tell he improved in pretty much every aspect on his second album.

The effects of Jay telling y'all time and again that his debut was a classic is remarkable. Sorry I don't regurgitate what I'm told. Those tracks arent live like that b. In My Lifetime got better gems.. He's just a better rapper on his sophomore. He sounds more confident, the songs aren't boring. That's when he became the Hov that people call the goat. It's funny because the songs I prefer on RD are ones people don't normally talk about like Bring It On. The second half of the album is better to me. Songs like Dead Prez 2 are ? snooze fests to me though. Just being honest.

I dont think Vol 1 is a classic either but I agree with you about the way he changed the line delivery. It was much better and atleast.... ATLEAST the beats have they own little personallity. The one or two times he did try to get retro it was some dope ? like who you wit and streets is watching. He went 70's but unlike politics as usual wasnt no romantic baby making ? he rapped over, He made it on some grimy street ? .
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Vol. 1 is nowhere near better than RD's first 5 tracks.

LOL, ? outta here.

Jay didn't rap like Big L or Fu-Snickens at all.

What are you talking about?
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Jigga fu schnicken hallucinations 1994

http://youtu.be/kV9HOh3dTJs

I guess in 1994 he hadnt flip those imaginary bricks yet lol
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We dont believe u jigg u need more dope
  • ohhhla
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    Jigga fu schnicken hallucinations 1994

http://youtu.be/kV9HOh3dTJs

I guess in 1994 he hadnt flip those imaginary bricks yet lol

Not on RD, you fool.

He didn't rap like Big L or Fu-Schnicken.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE FACT THAT THIS DEBATE OF REASONABLE DOUBT BEING A CLASSIC IS STILL BEING DISCUSSED 18 YEARS LATER PROVES THAT THE ALBUM IS A CLASSIC RIGHT THERE.
  • Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think rd and illmatic are overrated. Iww is better than both. Rap wise and production my opinion keep ur skirts on
  • Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    Once again.

You guys are playing "It wasn't bumping in my hood" fallacy.

In the spring of '94 in South Florida, ? was banging to Death Row, not illmatic.

What makes illmatic a classic if ? weren't bumping it?

BTW, I do think illmatic is a classic and the hip hop bible, mind you.

So, don't go there.

Illmatic got so much play it was one of the most bootlegged albums of all time...it didn't sell cuz it was aimed for ghetto ? no party jams like ready to die or reasonable doubt..

Reasonable had poor distribution..

Reasonable Doubt was on Priority can not expect big distribution from them

Can't expect big distribution from Priority? No Limit was distributed through Priority at the time and Master P "Ice Cream Man" went Plat, Ghetto D went triple Plat. Stop blaming Priority's distribution, nobody was checkin for Jay and that's why nobody was lookin for no damn Reasonable Doubt in 96

Damn....you know what you made a valid point.

But Priority also had Ice Cube and his affiliated acs as well. They were pushing more ? gangsta rap than anything. Jay being from NY...trust, it wouldn't worked anyways.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ...it's a classic, let it go man, let it go
  • Therecanonlybeone
    Therecanonlybeone Members Posts: 400
    Options
    ? need their eardrums removed, And M80's placed under their eyelids Reasonable Doubt = Classic Album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jx3jGAlKG0
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the album and own it. His best effort by far. ..

I don't think there has been another song in hip hop that has been remixed, re-imagined, redone, and straight up jacked than Dead Presidents II.

Sampled vocals off a song on Illmatic though