Comments

• nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    An album being classic has nothing to do with you liking or disliking it. The whole album can be banging from top to bottom it still doesn't mean it's classic.

so u sayin we should follow wat other ? say when determining a classic? sorry bro, i got my own mind and can think for myself, ion need others to tell me whether an album is classic or not
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Options
    This is just like the NBA. As time passes people forget about the impact of certain players. The next generation will say Iverson was a nobody, just like these youngsters don't know Karl Malone was nice with the bank shot before Tim Duncan. Reasonable Doubt is timeless, and even more so when you consider the time period in which it was released. If you don't remember the 90s you'll have a hard time understanding that. This was an era when people made national debuts on soundtracks, then released that same song on their first album. This was an era when people bought singles because only on the single could you hear that B-Side remix, the Club Remix, and the explicit version before the album dropped. RD isn't supposed to sound like The Black Album, but to say it isn't classic shows that you either don't know or don't respect the era.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    I'm making a spin-off thread including illmatic.

Now you know ain't nobody gonna say nothing bad about their beloved bible illmatic
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but to say it isn't classic shows that you either don't know or don't respect the era.

or that everyone doesnt like the exact same music the exact same way