The streets really don't have anybody right now.

Zigefresh
Zigefresh Members Posts: 233 ✭✭
I feel like that's the main problem right now. The streets don't have that leader to speak to them, Nas is the closest one, but most young niccas in the street don't really connect with him since he's a older head. Jay and Kanye on their different ? . Wayne on his weird ? Drake singing to the hoes and talking about stealing his uncles car. Ti slipped out his spot. Nobody believes Ross. Jeezy fell off. ? think J coles a cornball. You get the point. The only rappers who the streets have are other dumb motherfuckas like chief keef who rap about doing the same dumb ? they're trying to escape. The streets don't have anyone to talk to them like a Scarface, Dmx, Big, Pac, Old Jay, Old Nas. Rap is incomplete without that. And life is incomplete without that to be honest. That's why motherfuckas are so confused right now. Rap without someone in that spot is like a country with no president. Someone needs to step to the plate or its only going to get uglier. Rap is really in a great space right now. I don't think there's ever been this many lanes poppin all at once. We're just missing that one element to tie it all together

Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue is what do the streets want?

Do they want

A) Club Friendly/? that just bangs in the whip
    B) Ignant street talk about cliche drug talk
    C) Conscious voices about what is really going on/the struggle
    D) Other?

I think the "Streets" just want club bangers that take them away from the street every thursday friday or saturday what have you. Because if the streets really cared about the gun talk keef, gucci, and waka would be flying of the shelves which they didn't. If the streets wanted a conscious voice to rep the hood then half the people on this site wouldn't call the conscious rappers boring.

What happened is the cliche bustin the uzi using the toolie street talk got old and played out. And the conscious rap had a point in the 90's but modern street cats don't care about the struggle cause its a different era. Cause lets be honest cats in the hood still be having i phone 5's big ass tv's and nice whips they just decide to stay in the hood less people are struggling (pending the city). But the 80's and 90's the crime rates were higher the drugs were deadlier.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Times like this I wish Soulja Slim was still alive.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Jammin Street Military I aint trippn!
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *bumps 3hunna*
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    I guess Maino lost.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gon say though...Boosie, Freddie Gibbs, Trick Daddy, Ice Berg, Glasses Malone, Ace Hood, Doe B, Jon Connor, Maino, Alley Boy, Trouble, King Louie, Dee-1, Fat Trel, Pachino Dino, LES, Z-Ro, etc...

The streets got plenty rappers still droppin thought provoking/relatable ? ...
  • tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    There hasn't been anything good in the streets of hip-hop for years.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    I was gon say though...Boosie, Freddie Gibbs, Trick Daddy, Ice Berg, Glasses Malone, Ace Hood, Doe B, Jon Connor, Maino, Alley Boy, Trouble, King Louie, Dee-1, Fat Trel, Pachino Dino, LES, Z-Ro, etc...

The streets got plenty rappers still droppin thought provoking/relatable ? ...

I ? with Jon Connor homes might not ever make it mainstream but he dope as hell
  • H0esRcomeDumpsNotPPL
    H0esRcomeDumpsNotPPL Members Posts: 25
    the streets need to grow the ? up and get a degree. studies show that most of these "street ? " are dirt poor, frequently in jail, and brought up by single black mothers (and or some random stepdad that's ? her).
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited July 2013
    the streets need to grow the ? up and get a degree. studies show that most of these "street ? " are dirt poor, frequently in jail, and brought up by single black mothers (and or some random stepdad that's ? her).

Many rappers from the streets do have degrees or did have time in college then make lame catchy anthems to hook the streets. And fyi single parents ain't just an issue in the streets that ? is going on in the rurual areas the suburbs the streets that ain't gutter hood but aint suburban etc.

• H0esRcomeDumpsNotPPL
    H0esRcomeDumpsNotPPL Members Posts: 25
    edited July 2013
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Many rappers from the streets do have degrees or did have time in college then make lame catchy anthems to hook the streets. And fyi single parents ain't just an issue in the streets that ? is going on in the rurual areas the suburbs the streets that ain't gutter hood but aint suburban etc.

Not "many" rappers... yeah, there are some, but hardly any black men, in general, have attended and finished school. And, yeah, I know broken homes aren't just a problem for the streets. Broken homes are becoming the norm all across the country. It's just that... it usually leads to death and prison when a single black woman is the mainstay of broken homes. Many of them can't even really afford themselves, much less a child. This leads them to living in poor areas. And when they neglect their children (which happens far too often), "the streets" and "rap" ends up raising them.

You don't see whiteboys glorifying killing each other over dumb ? . It just bothers me that some people glorify "street" ? . It's basically self-genocide and black mothers are failing the community hard. Yet, people only harp on "dead-beat dads." Those dudes aren't raising these killers/losers. They're products of misfit mothers.

We need more positive music and to leave that thug ? behind.

/rant
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardly any black men attended and finished college?so that's why there hbcus right?cmon man.
  • Ear2DaSt
    edited July 2013
    This is Hip Hop Im not a human resource mgr. searching for a candidate to fill open positions in the cooperation!
    Hip Hop is a way for minorities to be independent!
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited July 2013
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Not "many" rappers... yeah, there are some, but hardly any black men, in general, have attended and finished school. And, yeah, I know broken homes aren't just a problem for the streets. Broken homes are becoming the norm all across the country. It's just that... it usually leads to death and prison when a single black woman is the mainstay of broken homes. Many of them can't even really afford themselves, much less a child. This leads them to living in poor areas. And when they neglect their children (which happens far too often), "the streets" and "rap" ends up raising them.

You don't see whiteboys glorifying killing each other over dumb ? . It just bothers me that some people glorify "street" ? . It's basically self-genocide and black mothers are failing the community hard. Yet, people only harp on "dead-beat dads." Those dudes aren't raising these killers/losers. They're products of misfit mothers.

We need more positive music and to leave that thug ? behind.

/rant

lmao at the bolded. you lost me after you said hardly any black men have attended and finished school. you must have not been to college if you think hardly any black men are finishing school. im black and not only did if finish school but i saw hundreds of other brothas finish school with me. as a matter of fact there are just as many white people and men of other races not finishing school but even tho they don't finish school they still make money. i know a brotha who is about 15 years older than me who never even finished high school but has a top not job at a radio station.

even as a cat that went to school you don't have to have a degree to be sucessful or be smart. and while i agree that there are ils in the black on black crime rate you got white people in rurual areas dying over crystial ? or dying from it at high rates. you gon ? rednecks shooting each other up as well. not to mention those biker gangs out west where virtually all gang murders are usually white people.

I ? with positive hip hop but its not that we don't need more of it. There is plenty of positive hip hop out there its just those who are up to trouble don't wanna hear that ? . but you sir need to educate yourself on the modern world cause you are very ignant if you think blacks are finishing college at high rates and single parent households only exist in black communities.

other quick side note for those single black mothers i think they doin fine seing that black females are among the fastest growing demographics when it comes to owning businesses
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streets and the negative behavior that they glorified got played the ? out. 10 years ago, if you were some thugged out ? from some hood on the east coast, ? flocked to you on some Tupac ? . Now, let that old ? try that ? , ? will ? on him and call him '? ' or broke while they flock to the metrosexual swagged out dude. The world that oldheads grew up on been turned out on some ? ? .
  • Ear2DaSt
    trends change all the time!
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    street ? listen to alot of local rap mostly lil ? from their neighborhoods and thats more gutter than ever lil dudes on the run for murders and steady puttin out musik, shootin videos in real dope houses with real dopefiends, and rappin bout real street beef.

every ghetto got a lil rap crew that just want a lil street fame and to mostly rep for they hood.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe that's a blessing in disguise, a chance to do for self and stop depending on being led by someone other than themselves
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread title made me feel bad for the streets
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭