Rank It: Scott Stenier's WWE run

Options
genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
28.jpg

How do you feel he was booked in the WWE?

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Terrible. They did Scott a disservice by throwing him out there in 20+ minute matches with HHH. Considering that he was out of shape. They should have put him on Smackdown I bet Heyman would have booked him better.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Horrible, his feud with Triple H consisted on who could do the most pushups and all that other ? along with having terrible matches. His tag team with Test was garbage. I cant remember anything else he did with the company
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was horrific. He didnt even make WM despite main eventing 2 PPVs the year he came into the company.

The mixture of ? booking and Scotty's limited and probably diminished skills were the cause.

An immediate main event run was a mistake, Vince an Co. Should have made sure he was capable of performing before they have him main event. A slower build to a match with HHH would have been better.

His booking was not beneficial at all. The feud with HHH started off stupid and continued to be so. There was no heat to the matches, no reason other than the title. Bodybuilding and push-ups? ? outta here.

I get that Scotty got blamed for the ? performances (even though Steiner wasnt totally at fault) but to have him fall all the way down to feuding with TEST?! C'mon man thats disrespectful. To have such a huge fall off totally ? on the huge debut, this is typical WWE though.

The biggest mistake was having Scotty play the face, huge mistake. Steiner's heel persona would have meant way more and you definitely would have gotten a better Scott Steiner if he were allowed to go heel. The scripted promos are another huge no-no, Steiner dont need the leash, he could have gotten ? in the seats just off the mic if he was allowed to.

All In all though, Steiner couldn't perform. The steroids had started diminishing his skills and he started to resemble his hero Billy Graham when he was over his prime, I understand why the plug was pulled.

1/5 I wish it had never happened.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those matches with Triple H were atrocious. Some of the worst title matches ever :-&
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steiner went back to the 'E?
  • Mr. Rich Pryor
    Mr. Rich Pryor Members Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it wuz worse than da ? i took dis mornin!
    da fued wit hhh wuz ? terrible, they only had him doin 60 million belly to belly suplexes!
    da only thing dat wuz good wuz when got to play wit stacy fine azz!
    basically we didnt ? da ? he did in wcw due to vinnie mac doin da screwjob on wcw employed wrestlers!
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Scott Steiner in 2000 was the ? . That gets overlooked because people weren't watching WCW like that at that point.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Zero.. some people think Goldbergs ? was bad... hah.. Steiner.. DDP.. even DDP's run was better than Steiner's, an embarrassment really cuz I think he should technically be seen just as great as Booker T but that last WWE run did alot of damage to his credibility.

Steiner in WCW 99 - 01 was his individual peak. A shame only WCW fans saw that.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    big poppa scust
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His entire feud with hhh was uninteresting

Everything Vince put out during n after the invasion story line was ?
    He should have held out n had all the big names to invade at the same time
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? was wack ? ...........................................
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't even remember his WWE run
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Scott Steiner in 2000 was the ? . That gets overlooked because people weren't watching WCW like that at that point.

This is true next to his TNA run I think that was his best time as the Big Poppa Pump Superstar Billy Graham like character. Now Steiner may not have been as athletic as he used to be once roided up but he could still go. The guy was legit one of the greatest performers in the ring from WCW to WWF and back to WCW all up to the Steiner Bros. break up. He's very underrated he used to freestyle a lot and always was bold in his matches with new moves. He's so naturally athletic that despite the roids could still pull off a Frankensteiner though not as swiftly as he used to in his mulleted days sure. WWE didn't get that and in turn that ? ass pose down was one of the last times I ever watched RAW even casually for like 10 years.

• DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Jamaica wrote: »

This is true next to his TNA run I think that was his best time as the Big Poppa Pump Superstar Billy Graham like character. Now Steiner may not have been as athletic as he used to be once roided up but he could still go. The guy was legit one of the greatest performers in the ring from WCW to WWF and back to WCW all up to the Steiner Bros. break up. He's very underrated he used to freestyle a lot and always was bold in his matches with new moves. He's so naturally athletic that despite the roids could still pull off a Frankensteiner though not as swiftly as he used to in his mulleted days sure. WWE didn't get that and in turn that ? ass pose down was one of the last times I ever watched RAW even casually for like 10 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhYeYIy4zng

• Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He ? himself up he was mad outta shape.should have been booked as a monster heel IMO.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As someone who watched his rise in WCW, I'm still baffled why the ? people consider that run great. His rambling-ass promos were as boring as Triple H's 30 minute monologues on Raw. The fact that they combined two people who were essentially FORCED onto the public as legit stars and both failed didn't even cause Vince to think, "Hmm, maybe Triple H isn't who I thought he was. Let's reevaluate this whole thing."
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    his feud with Goldberg was one of the few highlights that wcw mustered in its dying days.that match at fall brawl was no joke,one of the few times in the ring i thought that the guys were legitimately trying to knock the ? out of each other.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited July 2013
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    his feud with Goldberg was one of the few highlights that wcw mustered in its dying days.that match at fall brawl was no joke,one of the few times in the ring i thought that the guys were legitimately trying to knock the ? out of each other.
    Plus he was funny as ? . Dissing flair Dissing DDP and jokingly making jokes about Booker T's mama. The raw content and ether made up for his mispronunciation of every three words he gutted out painfully, sorta like how i be missing words or misspelling ? all the time but get major points for the content within (with my dyslexic ass).
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Give me the f**king mic!

Thats just about what i remember of that run.... That and getting a lap dance from Stacy (lucky bastard)