What Specifically Was Obama Suppose to do For Negros?

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
Remember the night of November 4, 2008. I've never seen ? so juiced (and probably never will,) seen ? so juiced in my entire life. Barack Obama was elected the fourty-fourth President of the United States of America and like a messianic figure ? have been waiting to descend from the sky since the assassination of Malcolm and Dr. King, President Obama was going to be the ? equivalent to Joshua and us to the Promise Land of hope and change. However, at the start of his second term ? across America are are showing a level of discontent with the President and like a ratchet single mother ? are saying, "He doing ? for us." So ole Rex has to ask, what exactly does black America feel the President should be doing for them?

? ? me because for some reason as a group, we just feel as if ? is suppose magically get done, when that isn't the case with anything. Any group, be it corporate America, the NRA, chicks and their incessant paranoia that Roe v Wade is going to be overturned, Jews demanding that America supports Israel, the ? movement, and illegals demanding ? that they're not entitled to all understand that in order to get anything done in America, be it on the local, state, or federal level you have to be politically active, fund raise for candidates and contribute to their campaigns and we also have to learn to hold people accountable for the way they treat a muthafucka, as I said in the http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/495008/ladies-why-did-y-all-koreans-to-takeover-the-black-hair-industry#latest thread.

If black people want to be taken seriously, then we have take ourselves seriously. Like other groups, have to have a clearly defined agenda present it to elected officials and be like, "We want whoot, whoot, dewhoot. Now I've got a gang of ? that will get work the streets for you, and some high powered ballin' ? that throw some racks at you, but once your in office, you have to look out for a ? ." If we did that then when the President decided he would want to "do something," for us, he would see he had the political capital to do so. Also, I don't see how ou problems are suppose to be solved on a federal level. The problems of black America need to be addressed by locally by councilmen, mayors, school board representatives, and maybe on the state level.

Comments

• Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He supported Trayvon.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everything...everything...everything
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    End the drug war for starters it is the main cause of the problems in black america
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He more worried about white ? and foreign ? then real issues like gangs in Chicago.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    obama betta drop some gotdamn anthrax at zimmerman doe shtep what the ? obama betta do
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    to everybody who actually responded ....
    you do realize that your supposed to make your demands to the candidate before you elect them right???
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    End the drug war for starters it is the main cause of the problems in black america

lol wanting Obama to end the drug wars. Whats up next you wan't him to stop the conflict in israel between palistine and the jews?

The drug war is a complex issue in not just the black community but rurual mostly white communities and mexican and other central american comunities within the state as well. If black folk really wanna end the drug war within their own community it will take other black men to stand up against it.

If the black community as a whole stood up against gang warfare and crime from drugs as a whole like this recent case in flordia ? the drug problem would be halfway solved lol. But the same people who want zimmerman to go to jail for murder telling cats not to snitch for murders everyday in they hood.
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you do realize that your supposed to make your demands to the candidate before you elect them right???

I think we did.

Bring the troops home, end Guantanamo, provide universal healthcare. Can't do all these things if Congress ain't with it.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well he didn't DO ? for NOBODY in America period since 2008, so asking this questions is kinda blahzay.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    To turn this democracy into a monarchy and have me as King and the upper echelon with my fellow blacks.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Me and the many Blacks I know have little love or respect for Obama nowadays because he hasn't LISTENED to the demands of many Blacks to end the harsh drug laws of our nation. Most Americans now support ending the harsh laws of marijuana. The NAACP have pressed Obama to help fight to end the prison terms and laws of medical and recreational marijuana. Blacks and Whites use marijuana at similar rates and for reasons unknown to me, Blacks are 3x more likely to be locked up for marijuana charges.

Obama, being the ? made ? he is, hasn't fought to do so, despite again, most Americans wanting marijuana to be decriminalized at this point. Obama has also disappointed many Blacks with his bloodthirsty ways worldwide, and failing to end the war in Afghanistan. He has no problem with billions a week being spent on the stupid war in Afghanistan, and meanwhile cities all across America are falling out of shape. Bailouts for Karzai is cool, but a small bailout for Detroit can't be done? ? Obama, he's a ? made coward that George W would be proud of.

And don't get me started on Obama being scared of Israel, despite it committing war crimes against Palestinians every day.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    Well he didn't DO ? for NOBODY in America period since 2008, so asking this questions is kinda blahzay.

Well Obama fights pretty hard for ? rights doesn't he? ? rights are more important to Obama then the unfair incarceration rates for Blacks. He's beyond a sellout ? at this point.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »

I think we did.

Bring the troops home, end Guantanamo, provide universal healthcare. Can't do all these things if Congress ain't with it.

Well, you did.

And Congress (which is essentially the American people) has the right and the duty to challenge the president. Some people (not saying you) still don’t get the whole concept about balance of powers. They think that the president is some king that can do whatever. Even though our government is unfortunately moving towards that point, the president still can only do so much. If people understood that, then they’d take their Senators and Representatives and even their Supreme Court Justices a lot more seriously. You can’t vote for Obama, do absolutely nothing when it comes to midterm elections, and still expect “change.”

But that’s beside the point. If Obama was going to do anything for blacks, it would only be in the context of doing so for all Americans. He himself claimed to be the president of America not Black America. Any black person who expected special privileges from Obama is simply an idiot.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ...? ? me because for some reason as a group, we just feel...

I agree with a lot of what you said, but this bit right here and others like it constantly make me ask myself - when are we going to stop defining ourselves as a monolithic group (i.e., "the black community") and start defining ourselves as individuals first and foremost?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »

lol wanting Obama to end the drug wars. Whats up next you wan't him to stop the conflict in israel between palistine and the jews?

The drug war is a complex issue in not just the black community but rurual mostly white communities and mexican and other central american comunities within the state as well. If black folk really wanna end the drug war within their own community it will take other black men to stand up against it.

If the black community as a whole stood up against gang warfare and crime from drugs as a whole like this recent case in flordia ? the drug problem would be halfway solved lol. But the same people who want zimmerman to go to jail for murder telling cats not to snitch for murders everyday in they hood.

ending the drug war can be done it's not the hardest issue in the world. Gang warfare cannot stop unless the drugs stop america did this in the 1930's. people are hooked already the black community standing up to gang violence will do nothing a dope head will do anything for his fix and with that desire comes the drug trade and every evil industry that grows from it.

poor whites mexicans and black should all want drugs made legal.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    The drug war is a complex issue in not just the black community but rurual mostly white communities and mexican and other central american comunities within the state as well.
    totally agree. but for example, i don't want to hear Obama ? about "weapons of war" if he's not willing to ? about the drug war that fuels all the damn violence. so some of this is less about what he can personally get done and what he's willing to even give the impression he gives a ? about.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I laughed at folks that actually thought he was going to be all special things specifically for Black People. Hes the President, not Malcolm, Martin, or Huey.
  • joeLiber
    joeLiber Members Posts: 93
    Options
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    send all the white people back to Europe
  • rell e. rell
    rell e. rell Members Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    Options
    what did we do for ourselves??? specifically?
  • No_Way_Jose
    No_Way_Jose Members Posts: 71
    Options
    Are you kidding? What Obama did for Blacks was historic, I'm talking Black History Month implications.

https://www.aclu.org/drug-law-reform/president-obama-signs-bill-reducing-? -sentencing-disparity

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-04-17/politics/35452200_1_? -offenses-powder-? -sentences

Does anyone not remember this?

Thanks
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Does anyone not remember this?
    Thanks
    so Obama gets credit for bills that Congress has pushed through with bipartisan support? heck of a job, Obama

• twatgetta
    Options
    Kills me that negros who voted FOR Obama was actually hoping that he would do something for the Black community, then when he ? up royally, NOW, they like "yall act like he was suppose to help us or something"...

? ? !! HE WAS SUPPOSE TO HELP US!!!
  • twatgetta
    Options
    what did we do for ourselves??? specifically?

? . Moan. and Call everybody a that didn't support Obama a racist. you know, the normal ? ? reactions.