Basketball: Recreation Center & etc thread (part 2)

Options

Comments

• WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hooped 2 weeks ago... I loss 65 pounds and been toning up with the perfect push up,cardio, and weights... So I played my coworker 1on1 and played pretty well. My quickness is definitely better. Plus the lifting has added range to my shot. I beat him twice... I feel like I'm slowly getting it back.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hooped 2 weeks ago... I loss 65 pounds and been toning up with the perfect push up,cardio, and weights... So I played my coworker 1on1 and played pretty well. My quickness is definitely better. Plus the lifting has added range to my shot. I beat him twice... I feel like I'm slowly getting it back.

Damn @ 65 lbs tho.

Cosign the perfect pushup. ? is goat.

Gym/Perfect push-up tip: Keep switching up the push up style (the distance between your hands), prop up your feet, do 10 or 15 at a time with 30 second breaks in between. You can do more reps and confuse your muscles.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn @ 65 lbs tho.

Gym/Perfect push-up tip: Keep switching up the push up style (the distance between your hands), prop up your feet, do 10 or 15 at a time with 30 second breaks in between. You can do more reps and confuse your muscles.

Yeah man Thanks for the advice.. Definitely been trying to switch it up.. I'm starting to notice the results. Females at my job as well..
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Yeah, gotta switch it up. You could double the reps you're doing and still not see results if your body gets "used to" the routine. You'll still burn calories and break a sweat, but as far as muscle -- you're just running in place.

That's all that P90X ish really is. Just a bunch of random ish for muscle confusion.

I hit the perf-push up about 4 times a week. 250 each time. Switch the style up every 50. Or I do them all one way, and then the next day do them another way.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn @ 65 lbs tho.

Yeah man Thanks for the advice.. Definitely been trying to switch it up.. I'm starting to notice the results. Females at my job as well..

How many days a week you workout?

because I've been doing push ups & sit ups but it look like I'm not getting results yet. I got a 12% body fat do it shouldn't take much until I start getting results.

But I do lift 20lb dumbbells (I see results in my arms from that) & bench press around 45lbs (nothing much)
  • greenwood1921
    edited August 2013
    Options
    3 or 4 days a week is good. You wanna have 3 or 4 days to rest. What you eat & drink matters too.

Only thing I drink other than water is a red bull here or there. Try to avoid too many fried foods and greasy ish.

On the benchpress, up the weight a lil and try inclines/declines. You work totally different parts of your upper body on inclines and declines.

Don't forget about cardio too. You hoop so that should count as your cardio, especially if you do that more than once or twice a week.

? with some fiber-rich foods and snacks too. Picks up your metabolism. Even if you're not trying to lose weight, a fast/steady metabolism helps you see results.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Greenwood, I got some question to ask ya about workout. Be on the lookout on ya inbox
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Met up with axel last Saturday, didnt play 1 on 1 this time since we had enough to run full court with 5s. Lost 30 pounds since that first game, a ? was flyin up and down the court lol
  • greenwood1921
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Peagle and WhoisDonG need to holla at Jarmarcus Russell right quick. Need y'alls help, asap.
  • peagle05
    Options
    Peagle and WhoisDonG need to holla at Jarmarcus Russell right quick.
    Lmao
  • Kyle_Lurker
    Kyle_Lurker Members Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see mufuckas selling hoop dreams in this thread. So EVERYBODY got Allen Iverson dribble in this ? huh?
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Can't front, I can count on one hand how many times I hoop a year....

...But I'll lock down any one of y'all nikkas one-on-one football.

All day, no zone, all bump'n'run, --- Ain't nobody write me.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too many Kneesus jokes. I'm not stepping foot in an athletic competition. Feel like I've built my own voodoo doll
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    me nd Peagle met up like a week or 2 ago nd ran some good ass full court games foreal
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    Met up with axel last Saturday, didnt play 1 on 1 this time since we had enough to run full court with 5s. Lost 30 pounds since that first game, a ? was flyin up and down the court lol

lls our whole team was dippin out on da break like da 05 suns nd ?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I play down at the YMCA in my town. I played with a bunch of dudes who play there regularly. Now every time I play I hear "stay on the brown guy & DO NOT LET HIM SHOOT" So I just trail the fastbreak all the time now
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    me nd Peagle met up like a week or 2 ago nd ran some good ass full court games foreal

ya'll was suppose to inbox me..i'm suffering from LHD; but i will try to get some burn

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't hooped in 3 years, last time I hooped I was in Don Nash on 71st and Bennett stinking up the gym, damn I was terrible. SMH
  • peagle05
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

ya'll was suppose to inbox me..i'm suffering from LHD; but i will try to get some burn
    I think ax told me the next time he can come down is the 24th, we been running at my school since we normally have the court to ourselves
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Imma come to Detroit this November & ball on y'all. Then go back home a week afterwards bumping "Just Last Week I Had To Ball On em" by Krit

If you ever come to the mecca of basketball we gonna hoop.Up here ? can ball everywhere far suburbs the city all sides

You must be in New York currently or some ? b....? no way you was calling Chicago the mecca, right?
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I ain't hooped in 3 years, last time I hooped I was in Don Nash on 71st and Bennett stinking up the gym, damn I was terrible. SMH

Shiiid. Last time I hooped, my handles was on Perk status, but I hit the game winner from 3. You would'a thought I just won a ring. Nikka was like 2 for 10 but left that last shot hanging like...

michael-jordan-last-shot-retrospective-01.jpg
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who keeps track of their record against people? I know I do.

3-0 against some dude I've been going 1 on 1 w/ in recent weeks. Foot on his neck he ain't gon ever come back from underwater. Had me 8-4 yesterday I still beat him to 11.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Imma come to Detroit this November & ball on y'all. Then go back home a week afterwards bumping "Just Last Week I Had To Ball On em" by Krit

If you ever come to the mecca of basketball we gonna hoop.Up here ? can ball everywhere far suburbs the city all sides

You must be in New York currently or some ? b....? no way you was calling Chicago the mecca, right?

Detroit is the mecca

damn am I the only the real hooper on here?