How Old Were You The First Time You Experienced Actual Racism?

Comments

• Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a ? .

What's with all these new names that these Black Americans invent to degrade themselves with?
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    ohhhla wrote: »
    14 was called a ? by white boy and whooped his ass.

I regret it because I got suspended for 2 weeks

I was so worried about what my black friends thought

you being called a ? or soft

? 's ? up bruh...

you're not a ? for worrying about what your friend's thought... you're a ?

this was an etherous post

ir6bzq.jpg
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Around 7, maybe younger........

White people called me ? in the mall..........

Too young to really be aware of the ? & slap-a-crackkker..............

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allergens wrote: »
    CracceR wrote: »
    when i was bout 12, black guy called me white devil

lol...you aint experience racism, that was the first time you experienced the truth

nah it was racism
  • MazterChef
    MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MazterChef wrote: »
    when I was in kindergarten I had a jheri curl. this little girl asked me how my hair got so juicy, and my teacher told the entire class it was probably fried chicken grease. Needless to say she was fired.

are you trolling bro? lol whos idea was it to put you in a jherri curl so young?

no not trolling my moms a beautician so when she first got started she was always eperimenting on us

damn bro lol was it like ice cube? or worse? lol i feel for you man
    your dad didnt fight for u? haha
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited July 2013
    14 was called a ? by white boy and whooped his ass.

I regret it because I got suspended for 2 weeks

I was so worried about what my black friends thought

you being called a ? or soft

? 's ? up bruh...

you're not a ? for worrying about what your friend's thought... you're a ?

spat out my ? drink
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Batman. wrote: »
    What's a ? .

What's with all these new names that these Black Americans invent to degrade themselves with?

? is an African name, meaning "second son".........

It is also the Malagasy word for "boat"........

You Europeans always flip ? around................

• Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a ? .

Nothing new about that term
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was about 3-4 years old.

kindergarten smh.

needless to say my soul was burning slow

Lol ? didn't explain ? . Great story.
  • LV_Don
    LV_Don Members Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone's pretty tolerant Down Under In Australia however racial standoffs can be funny as hell when they happen down here though....
    http://youtu.be/446XSEnBXNI

The door's always open if any of you wanna move Down Under btw
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    I know it happened plenty of times before, but the first time I clearly remember this happening was when i was about 6 and someone stopped my mom and wouldn't let her leave a store because they thought she had kidnapped my brothers and I and we weren't her kids. I remember vividly yelling out "That's my mother ? " and my mom not even being mad at me for cussing. Next time after that was when i was 9 and some white guys called my older brother and I ? because we beat them in 2 on 2 basketball
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when I was in kindergarten I had a jheri curl. this little girl asked me how my hair got so juicy, and my teacher told the entire class it was probably fried chicken grease. Needless to say she was fired.

are you trolling bro? lol whos idea was it to put you in a jherri curl so young?

no not trolling my moms a beautician so when she first got started she was always eperimenting on us

Lmao naw man he had a jheri curl too, the whole family did. mine was pretty much like eriq lasalle

soulglo.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1262821627311
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thirteen coming from school was walking home and this white lady was walkinng from the other side. As I was going to walk past her she crosses the street before we would.I'm thinking to my self did she just do what I think she just did.I turn around just to see if I'm right and yup she crossed back over after smh white people I was thirteen with a uniform and how would I know if she wasn't some serial killer crazy ? smh
  • MazterChef
    MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao naw man he had a jheri curl too, the whole family did. mine was pretty much like eriq lasalle

soulglo.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1262821627311

aight then yung curly ? haha
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a young ? had one of these though. extra moist son lol SBS-687308?wid=225&hei=225&fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=85,1&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.9,1.0,4,0&iccEmbed=0

JheriCurl1.jpg
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFo1LNAQh6U

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    i'm sick of America I've experienced the ? too but I don't want to talk about it. I want to leave this country.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third grade. This kid me and a friend of mine used to hang out with and play soccer with said he wouldn't bring his soccer ball anymore. I called him mean and said he had a black heart. He said that's funny cause your best friend is black.

That moment was when I realized that race exists.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a ? .

? is not new homie lmao
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    I was six and my grandmother told me "not to play with colored children" and I said "isn't white a color so aren't we all colored?" I got the switch'n of the century for that. It was a rural area in Tennessee and I was from Miami so most the white/rednecks aren't down with the urban white boy action. So most all my friends in high school were black, not trying to say that makes me cool and ? but the fact is I was accepted and friends with mostly black folk.

For some reason the words coloreds and colors just ? me right off and I let it be known.

Now racism towards me, yeah when I went to Jr High in Liberty City and Carroll City in Miami.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was 2.

>Be a genius 2 year-old
    >Allowing my mother to take me to the store
    >Old white ? recognizes greatness and calls me "cute"
    >"Damn straight.", I thought to myself
    >Old white ? follows with, "He'll make a great basketball player."

I looked at that ? like:
    VopF9yM.jpg

Mother looked at that ? like:
    3WNfBpG.gif

Then I excused the ? for her inferiority and continued to be the unexpected.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZU4X5FMqw8
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    in the 5th grade a white/asian boy called me a ? . then this fool gave me a $1 bill as hush money so I wouldn't tell the teacher on him. lol...
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at a football game wit my pops and the local football high school team St.Aug was playing a white team...and them ngas wouldn't get a call for ? ...all i kept hearing from my pops "he's holding him you white cracka, they holding cracka, throw the ? flag"..I think I was 4 or something..but that nga was furious...him and the fans..St.Aug all black school and played this white school...the refs didn't give them ngas no calls lol...that ? was ? up....