How Old Were You The First Time You Experienced Actual Racism?

Options
124»

Comments

• Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ? Wight wrote: »
    I was six and my grandmother told me "not to play with colored children" and I said "isn't white a color so aren't we all colored?" I got the switch'n of the century for that. It was a rural area in Tennessee and I was from Miami so most the white/rednecks aren't down with the urban white boy action. So most all my friends in high school were black, not trying to say that makes me cool and ? but the fact is I was accepted and friends with mostly black folk.

For some reason the words coloreds and colors just ? me right off and I let it be known.

Now racism towards me, yeah when I went to Jr High in Liberty City and Carroll City in Miami.

You took the whipping for all of us. Like that ? Kunta Kinte.

Take your ? card, you've earned it.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was about 8..playing tackle football at a classmates birthday party around the corner..tackled this white kid..he yelled get your hands off me ? ! I was angry as hell...next play he got the ball and I straight up Deacon Jones(R.I.P) head slapped the ? out of him.

Dude crumpled up like a old paper bag bag and started crying...holding the side of his head..face was beet red. I jumped on my bike and rode home.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    5 years old by my kindergarten teacher
    I've always encountered countless acts of subtle prejudice. It's happened so many that I don't even pay it mind anymore. It's just the American way. I just use it as motivation.
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Elementary school, some white girl told me to "go home". Didn't hit me what she was getting at until later. Another time was up in NE Philly riding with my mom and little brother looking at the Xmas decorations. White folk called the law on us.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH & LOL @ white folks, man they some cold blooded as people they and their children dropping ether on ? souls and not giving a ? .... and the ? burns slow, you cant be forgetting ? like that, this ? is therapeutic, lol
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »
    ? Wight wrote: »
    I was six and my grandmother told me "not to play with colored children" and I said "isn't white a color so aren't we all colored?" I got the switch'n of the century for that. It was a rural area in Tennessee and I was from Miami so most the white/rednecks aren't down with the urban white boy action. So most all my friends in high school were black, not trying to say that makes me cool and ? but the fact is I was accepted and friends with mostly black folk.

For some reason the words coloreds and colors just ? me right off and I let it be known.

Now racism towards me, yeah when I went to Jr High in Liberty City and Carroll City in Miami.

You took the whipping for all of us. Like that ? Kunta Kinte.

Take your ? card, you've earned it.

Didn't take a whoopin for no one and didn't say I got beat in Jr. High but you called it, atleast once a week along with getting the ? knocked outta me in the hallways and the after lunch crowd. Nothing can ever earn a white man the "? card" but thanks for the nomination I guess.

That was a funny ass response Batman, much appreciated, sarcasm and all.

Aren't you Canadian? Maybe you need that ? card more than me, hope it serves you well.