Wal-Mart Will Walk Away From DC If Forced To Pay Workers “Living Wage”

Options

Comments

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    BossBoo wrote: »
    man i ? wit walmart.. yall trippin..
    i got house party 1 AND 2 thanx to walmart.. 3 and 4 came wittit.. but who gives a ? ..

got all the nightmare on elms too..

you could have ordered them online and saved a trip to hell
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allergens wrote: »
    Vader wrote: »
    AP12 wrote: »
    Allergens wrote: »
    I feel them...? 12.50 is too much for the type of service i get from wal-mart staffers,..when im forced to go there...? me reminds me of circuit city b4 they went down in flames..you walk into a circuit city, all their staff will be by the front door, soon as you make eye contact, them ? scatter like roaches...i see why best buy employees eating though..them ? dont leave you lone,be like "I SAID LET ME TALK TO MY WIFE BOUT IT!!!....? !!"

dead @ the bolded...

but eff them too...

my wife asked a dude the other day "whats the difference between the galaxy note tablet and the galaxy tab?" his response "one's a tab and the other one is the note"

my reaction

attachment.php?attachmentid=6308&d=1367248498&thumb=1

bruh u aint lyin!..MFs be having attitudes when u ask a question ..like ? its your job to answer my questions

@mssouthern

i agree i stopped goin to walmart for that reason even tho i got one close to me i drive the extra miles to target for the better service...gm btw

word..last time I went to walmart to get a key made, it was one i hadnt been to b4...i asked the hardware depatment, they sent me to the electric/entertainment department, i asked them, they sent me to the sporting goods department, walking around the sporting goods department for bout 3 minutes, finally saw a employee, told her i need a key made, she said go wait by the desk, im like "what desk"...she catches a attitude "its the only desk over there"..i said "if i knew what you was talking bout, i wouldnt have ask you what desk,i didnt see a desk"..the ? tries to bump/brush past me back to where the desk posed to be..? got his warren sapp on, you aint moving me ? ..she went around, got back to where the bikes and ? was..says out loud "where the desk go"..i said "i told you there wasnt no desk back here"..she goes "well i cant make yo key without the desk" and walks off...? walmart man

@ down. No lie, this rachet azzz cashier literally stopped what she was doin, just to chit chat wit the other rachet azzz hefa in front of me, just so they can talk about LL Cool J in the "Sister 2 Sister" magazine!
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wal-Mart is one of the worse shopping experiences ever! Employee's who aren't familiar with the store or its products. Overzealous ? at the door that get paid to hi-lite a receipt. Too many ratchet hoes working and shopping there. Long lines, poor customers service, poor work ethic and the list goes on. Never again!

greatest ? job i ever had thanks to the bolded.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    i got house party 1 AND 2 thanx to walmart.. 3 and 4 came wittit.. but who gives a ? ..

nah.. it aint the same feeling...
    i hate ordering.. i give my money immediately and have to wait for said product.. not if i can help it..

and nothin's like the thrill of the hunt.. i wouldnt sit at home and be like "hmmm lemme order house party.." but when i saw it i was like "ooooo ? !!!" ..the excitement!! lol

but real ? ..
    ill go to walmart for, say some toothpaste.. $200-300 later im walkin out the store.. get home and be like "? !! i forgot the toothpaste!!" lol

i ? wit Walmart.. yall hatin..
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »

nah.. it aint the same feeling...
    i hate ordering.. i give my money immediately and have to wait for said product.. not if i can help it..

and nothin's like the thrill of the hunt.. i wouldnt sit at home and be like "hmmm lemme order house party.." but when i saw it i was like "ooooo ? !!!" ..the excitement!! lol

but real ? ..
    ill go to walmart for, say some toothpaste.. $200-300 later im walkin out the store.. get home and be like "? !! i forgot the toothpaste!!" lol

i ? wit Walmart.. yall hatin..
    Reason why i only step in there or any store when n only when what i need is urgency....end up buying ? you really don't need lol
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with walmart beacuse its cheaper. ? the customer service, I already know what I want. I avoid long lines by paying for my groceries at the jewelry counter or the garden center. Most people dont know that. Haha
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Walmart should be free anyway. If you are lowering prices everyday then why tf yo good isn't free yet

Lying ass ?
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't ever had a bad experiance in walmart. Only thing I hate is after 10 they only have like 1-2 lanes open.
  • Catalyst2012
    Catalyst2012 Members Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Options
    RaySwift wrote: »
    I ? with walmart beacuse its cheaper. ? the customer service, I already know what I want. I avoid long lines by paying for my groceries at the jewelry counter or the garden center. Most people dont know that. Haha

I work at Wal-Mart in Electronic and your right most people dont know that you can skip the lines at the front end and go to any register in the store. Just gotta make sure someone is there. Also, on that note I ? hate Wal-Mart too. ? them taking away my pay when I was away at school.

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate wal mart but love it at the same time....cant beat the prices and they open 24/7 some places.... but u will go in and it will be 20 registers and 2 people workin.../ dont make no sense waiting in line for 30 minutes cuz no cashiers are open.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who really cares about this ? ? Jobs at Walmart were never meant to support families. If you want a "living" wage", then get some actual skills.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who really cares about this ? ? Jobs at Walmart were never meant to support families. If you want a "living" wage", then get some actual skills.

everybody cant go to college... folks should be able to provide for their families with work. that actual skills comment sounds kinda condescending
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess America is making the minimum wage job the STANDARD job now. Wal Mart is owned by greedy ass people that will get their due in time.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

everybody cant go to college... folks should be able to provide for their families with work. that actual skills comment sounds kinda condescending

Plus college is costing more than a damn house these days. On top of lack of good paying jobs available.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So does everyone who was making $12.50 at other jobs also get a raise?

$12 an hour is about what you need to eek out an existence just about anywhere.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    McDonald's pays there working much less. People don't care tho. Because if McDonald's had to pay workers more, the mcdoubles might not be a dollar and the Mcribs may never come back
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still, ? Walmart and their terrible parking lots and special Olympics cast-offs at the door
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Walmart does NOT care about u.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

thank you sir.

this thread can now be closed.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Let em go. The audacity of then believing they can blackmail people.
    i don't know, they win some of these conflicts

• brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If they pay 12.50 an hour all them poor people working there now are going to get pushed out by more middle class people.
    You think they hiring sheniqua or Mac fresh outta cell block C at 12.50 when they can get some college chick or Laid off worker for that.

They gonna get what they asked for.

They pushing carts. 12.50 for that is overboard. Yea you ? up & had a kid/s that you don't have the skills to take care of financially, but why do I have to pay you more for your ? up?

& y'all trippin 2 of the baddest chicks I've ever seen in person I saw at a wally & a 50+ y/o that was bad as ? too. Maybe it just a Florida thing but it always be nice women in walmart.
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wal-Mart Near me barely even got Cashiers anymore. They got like 10 of those Self Check-Out Machines. ? really Cut 10 Jobs and made the customers work themselves loll
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »
    If they pay 12.50 an hour all them poor people working there now are going to get pushed out by more middle class people.
    You think they hiring sheniqua or Mac fresh outta cell block C at 12.50 when they can get some college chick or Laid off worker for that.

They gonna get what they asked for.

They pushing carts. 12.50 for that is overboard. Yea you ? up & had a kid/s that you don't have the skills to take care of financially, but why do I have to pay you more for your ? up?

& y'all trippin 2 of the baddest chicks I've ever seen in person I saw at a wally & a 50+ y/o that was bad as ? too. Maybe it just a Florida thing but it always be nice women in walmart.

Because these the same people that make it possible for these corporate ? to even have a business. They are the demos. They are the consumers. They are America. Thinking you can give the rest of the country the shaft in the name of profits is criminal in every instance except if you own a company.
  • Squidward Tentacles
    Squidward Tentacles Members Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i've said it before, i'll say it again, walmart needs serious change ups to take place in the higher ups department if these people aren't even willing to act humanely towards their own workers when they clearly have the money to do so. if they can't even do that, they need to be bought out by someone who will or shut down.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i've said it before, i'll say it again, walmart needs serious change ups to take place in the higher ups department if these people aren't even willing to act humanely towards their own workers when they clearly have the money to do so. if they can't even do that, they need to be bought out by someone who will or shut down.

Unfortunately they are a private family owned business. They can't be bought out.