What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Has ‘Caucasian’ Lost Its Meaning?

bambubambu *Earth & Water*Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
AS a racial classification, the term Caucasian has many flaws, dating as it does from a time when the study of race was based on skull measurements and travel diaries. It has long been entirely unmoored from its geographical reference point, the Caucasus region. Its equivalents from that era are obsolete — nobody refers to Asians as “Mongolian” or blacks as “Negroid.”

07WHITE-popup.jpg

The use of Caucasian to mean white was popularized in the late 18th century by Johann Friedrich Blumenbach, a German anthropologist, who decreed that it encompassed Europeans and the inhabitants of a region reaching from the Obi River in Russia to the Ganges to the Caspian Sea, plus northern Africans. He chose it because the Caucasus was home to “the most beautiful race of men, I mean the Georgians,” and because among his collection of 245 human skulls, the Georgian one was his favorite wrote Nell Irvin Painter, a historian who explored the term’s origins in her book “The History of White People.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/sunday-review/has-caucasian-lost-its-meaning.html?_r=0

Men need images..... Lacking them they invent idols.

Has ‘Caucasian’ Lost Its Meaning? 16 votes

Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>
87%
bambu2stepz_aheadCopperBeleeDatPleighboyunspoken_respectMr.LVWill MunnyNothingButTheTruthStoneColdMikeyLou_CypherLaReinade06cannonspike1994UndergroundraplegendSquidward Tentacles 14 votes
Caucasian is a good description.....
12%
CracceRblackgod813 2 votes
goldenja

Replies

• Will MunnyWill Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>
    I don't really give a fuck about this.
    Times are tough, but they ain't got nothin' on me.
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 49,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>
    I don't know about meaning... but they lost their souls along time ago...if they ever had any
    rocket-2.gif
    unspoken_respecttexas409LUClEN
  • CracceRCracceR ૐ☯★♑☮⌘ Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i refer to asians as mongols and blaccs as negroids
    blackgod813LincolnLUClEN
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. TampaPosts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>
    Honestly, if all those people were lined up next to each other I could only see two colors. White and really white.
    sig%202_zpstfsrwnqk.gif
    ???GOLDEN ARMS???

jono
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 52,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>
    Cracker is just fine i suppose.
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>
    Copper wrote: »
    I don't know about meaning... but they lost their souls along time ago...if they ever had any

I'm sick B, I got a hole in my heart.
    Times are tough, but they ain't got nothin' on me.
  • fuc_i_look_likefuc_i_look_like Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u look white, you're white to me.
    LUClEN
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>
    no...caucasian has alot of meanings

lets see....

cumdrop
    kebler
    toenail clippin
    mayo twin
    birdshit
    foamy
    wonder bread
    cave dweller
    snowflake
    vanilla piss
    pink toes

i have more but i have work to do
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

• Squidward TentaclesSquidward Tentacles Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>
    I've been called a cracker since middle school, it'd be weird if someone changed it up now.
    goldenja
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>

We already know they have no souls lets not kid ourselves here

izsej6W8x1bly.png
    CracceR
  • bambubambu *Earth & Water* Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>
    Gordon-t_CA0-articleLarge.jpg

nell-painter-history-white-people.jpg

history%20of%20white%20people.jpg

Copper
  • UndefeatableUndefeatable Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whiteness is becoming less important.

What's becoming more important is that you're not black. All non-blacks are becoming the same.
    Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>
    This nigga bambu got a craka chart
    bambu wrote: »

Barbarian is a good one...
    rocket-2.gif
    bambuAjackson17unspoken_respect
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AS a racial classification, the term Caucasian has many flaws, dating as it does from a time when the study of race was based on skull measurements and travel diaries. It has long been entirely unmoored from its geographical reference point, the Caucasus region. Its equivalents from that era are obsolete — nobody refers to Asians as “Mongolian” or blacks as “Negroid.”

07WHITE-popup.jpg

The use of Caucasian to mean white was popularized in the late 18th century by Johann Friedrich Blumenbach, a German anthropologist, who decreed that it encompassed Europeans and the inhabitants of a region reaching from the Obi River in Russia to the Ganges to the Caspian Sea, plus northern Africans. He chose it because the Caucasus was home to “the most beautiful race of men, I mean the Georgians,” and because among his collection of 245 human skulls, the Georgian one was his favorite wrote Nell Irvin Painter, a historian who explored the term’s origins in her book
    “The History of White People.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/sunday-review/has-caucasian-lost-its-meaning.html?_r=0

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/474806/has-anyone-read-history-of-white-people/p1

Remember this thread?!!!!
    tumblr_mb0d6eD9dS1r7bmo8o1_500.gif

• blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like the term...what do they mean north Africa
    Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

07WHITE-popup.jpg

The use of Caucasian to mean white was popularized in the late 18th century by Johann Friedrich Blumenbach, a German anthropologist, who decreed that it encompassed Europeans and the inhabitants of a region reaching from the Obi River in Russia to the Ganges to the Caspian Sea, plus northern Africans. He chose it because the Caucasus was home to “the most beautiful race of men, I mean the Georgians,” and because among his collection of 245 human skulls, the Georgian one was his favorite wrote Nell Irvin Painter, a historian who explored the term’s origins in her book

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/474806/has-anyone-read-history-of-white-people/p1

Yea.....

I dropped a pdf to the book in there..........

This article was posted on Sunday in the NYT.............

Ajackson17
    This nigga bambu got a craka chart

Barbarian is a good one...

barbarian simply means non greek speaking in ancient times
    bambu
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

07WHITE-popup.jpg

Yea.....

I dropped a pdf to the book in there..........

This article was posted on Sunday in the NYT.............

Okay, ethered. Damn, it took that long for that book to get that much exposure shit. They really don't want to hear the truth. I had to deal with that saturday and sunday with the huge amount of denial. Not saying YOU are a bad person, but we ain't as bad as you think we are and YOUR people aren't nowhere near an angelic people and closer to something you want to disassociate yourself with and want to associate us with.

Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>
    CracceR wrote: »

Greeks used it for the people of different cultures but also to deride other Greek tribes and states.........

Ajackson17Copper

Greeks used it for the people of different cultures but also to deride other Greek tribes and states.........

yep i read somewhere that greeks couldnt understand these other cultures and tribes and to them the language sounded like barbarbarbar hence the name
    Ajackson17
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn I didn't realize there was all those kinds of different shades of white, and im white.
    Yeah, I knew about barbarian meaning. It was kinda of hilarious and intellectually lazy on the greeks part.

Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>

yep i read somewhere that greeks couldnt understand these other cultures and tribes and to them the language sounded like barbarbarbar hence the name

mid-14c., from Medieval Latin barbarinus (source of Old French barbarin "Berber, pagan, Saracen, barbarian"), from Latin barbaria "foreign country," from Greek barbaros "foreign, strange, ignorant," from PIE root *barbar- echoic of unintelligible speech of foreigners (cf. Sanskrit barbara- "stammering," also "non-Aryan," Latin balbus "stammering," Czech blblati "to stammer").

Crepy-ass-cracker>>>>>>>
    Savage ass barbarians
    rocket-2.gif
    Ajackson17