RoboCop Reboot Will Be PG-13 (Comic-Con 2013)

Options
grumpy_new_yorker
grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sony Pictures is bringing the RoboCop remake to comic-con this year, a good six months before it hits theaters on February 7th, 2014. I hit up a group interview prior to the film’s panel. Present were Director Jose Padilha and stars Michael Keaton, Samuel L. Jackson, Joel Kinnaman and Abbie Cornish.

When asked about the film’s rating, Padilha said they were pretty much aiming for a PG-13. “We were shooting the movie to be seen by the broadest possible audience, which means PG-13. This whole idea about ‘RoboCop’ has to be “R” because the first one was amazingly violent… I never really bought into that. You know, ‘The Dark Knight’ was PG-13, so you can get away with a lot.”

Sam Jackson added, “It would be “R” for its time, not “R” now. Padilla agreed, “Yeah, maybe now it isn’t.”

While I love Mr. Jackson, I strongly disagree that the original would be PG-13 today, just think about the amount of gore in that thing. As for Mr. Padiha’s initial statement, I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until I see the film.

http://? -disgusting.com/news/3244125/comic-con-13-the-new-robocop-will-most-definitely-be-pg-13/

Comments