NFL QB Take your Pick

Options

Comments

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Andrew Luck
    Taking Luck, not too concerned with his td/int ratio in his rookie season, Peyton Manning threw 28 picks his rookie season, I'm not gonna go try to find stats but I'm sure there were rookie qb's with better td/int ratio's that season, offensive line, running game, playbook and receivers all play a role in that it's not an excuse, Luck lead a 2-14 team to the playoffs in his rookie season, his numbers for a rookie were impressive and forget stats for a second if you actually watched him play then Peyton his rookie season you know the dude is going to be great, and he's an underrated runner something Peyton never had in his arsenal, he put up decent rushing numbers and only fumbled once, RG3 was even more impressive but already suffered a serious injury

exactly.....not only was luck a rookie but a new offense with arians (he's known for calling alot of screen plays) and aside from the offsenive line not making feel luck comfortable in the pocket but the offsensive line had a few injuries too that's why I said rg3 and wilson had more than luck when it came to the team wilson had better protection and running game and rg3 is in a offense that fits him perfect with a running game but then again ? are just going off of a rooke season too
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3
    Who was the most sacked QB of 2012?
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Andrew Luck
    rodgers or cutler maybe
  • BDBIID
    Options
    RG3
    I just looked it up, yeah it was Rodgers.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    RG3
    All jokes aside Luck is good most likely will turn out to be great but y'all gotta ? that sorry team thing to boost him up.

Last I checked the Colts were a 10+ win team year in and out. The 2-14 year was the anomaly not the norm.

They weren't the most talented team in the league last season but they have talent on that team. He didn't do it alone.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No QB does it alone. No football player does it alone.

I'll say this tho, out of that poll list, at least 2 of those names -- I GUARANTEE -- will be laughable in a couple years.

This thread will get upped and nikkas will be like "They had THAT muhfugga on that list? Bwahahahah"

Book it.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colin Kaepernick
    That 49ers/falcons game showed me something bout kap...but big ben still holds a rookie record that will not be broken 13 consecutive wins did not lose in the regular season(13-0) ended the patriots 21-game winning streak...but only to lose to them in the afc championship game.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Andrew Luck
    Not saying Luck did it by himself but the 22nd ranked rushing game and 26th ranked defense weren't much help
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    RG3
    Luck is the type of QB the NFL has been built for...he will succeed for many years. It was between him and Wilson for me.

Tony Dungy aint coming out of retirement. he will have a good career but he won't carry a team to a possible championship like RG3 most likely will. RG3 made the whole team better. Luck inherited a better team even after that ? season without Peyton. When the Skins sign more talented players and build a better o-line they will be a Super Bowl caliber team. he won the division over 2 other teams who should have won it because of experience. If he was not injured I really believe it would have been the Skins losing to the Ravens in the Sb instead of the 49ers. Luck does not energize the entire team.
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2013
    Options
    No QB does it alone. No football player does it alone.

I'll say this tho, out of that poll list, at least 2 of those names -- I GUARANTEE -- will be laughable in a couple years.

This thread will get upped and nikkas will be like "They had THAT muhfugga on that list? Bwahahahah"

Book it.

Name names

INB4 Colin and Cam

I'm just sayin' that all of them have a year of film on them and since I didn't just start watching football last year, I know that all of them won't be considered "great" 3 years from now.

At least two of them are bound to fall off or get exposed.

There was a time when nikkas swore up and down that cats like Vick, Vince Young, Phillip Rivers, Daunte Culpepper, Carson Palmer, etc, etc "had next".

All based on a year or two of putting up good numbers and/or winning early in their career.

• Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russel Wilson
    Is Carr still alive?

Somebody go check on the boi.
    He's the back up for Eli but for this new season he will be competing to keep that job against Curtis Painter and our rookie Qb from Syracuse Ryan Nassib.

• greenwood1921
    Options
    Is Carr still alive?

He's the back up for Eli but for this new season he will be competing to keep that job against Curtis Painter and our rookie Qb from Syracuse Ryan Nassib.

I used to feel sorry for him in houston, but he got exposed when he left and still didn't do ? . Not a terrible QB, just didn't have no business being drafted so high.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colin Kaepernick
    If Cam Newton can get some more weapons and stop pouting he will be even better than his rookie year. He is about as big as a linebacker, can run and throw far and his accuracy is decent.

Russell Wilson is nice and now that I think about it I should've picked him. LOL.

I like RG3 a lot but I think his body will not hold up if they don't slow down with all the option plays.

Luck is a good QB also but I watched a lot of his games due to him being on my fantasy team an he is way more careless with the ball than i remember him being at Stanford.

I picked Kap because he has a good arm, along with solid accuracy, pretty good poise in the pocket, can run and he isn't a small guy so he can take hits decently.

All those guys are good players and if coached well will all be good.

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3
    Is Carr still alive?

I used to feel sorry for him in houston, but he got exposed when he left and still didn't do ? . Not a terrible QB, just didn't have no business being drafted so high.

His brother got next. Derek Carr starting QB at Fresno St.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Is Carr still alive?

His brother got next. Derek Carr starting QB at Fresno St.

From what I've seen, I think he's better than David. Not as athletic but accurate. Can't say I've seen a whole lot of him yet tho.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3
    If Cam Newton can get some more weapons and stop pouting he will be even better than his rookie year. He is about as big as a linebacker, can run and throw far and his accuracy is decent.

Russell Wilson is nice and now that I think about it I should've picked him. LOL.

I like RG3 a lot but I think his body will not hold up if they don't slow down with all the option plays.

Luck is a good QB also but I watched a lot of his games due to him being on my fantasy team an he is way more careless with the ball than i remember him being at Stanford.

I picked Kap because he has a good arm, along with solid accuracy, pretty good poise in the pocket, can run and he isn't a small guy so he can take hits decently.

I feel the same, ? is Rivera and the GM doing?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cam has enough weapons. Olsen, Smith, Lafell are all very good? and hopefully Hixon and Ginn can can make some plays.

But it's hard to invest in receivers when you got like 50 million still tied up in the running backs.

I don't think the skins, colts, Seahawks have that much more talent around their qbs than the panthers do with Cam
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colin Kaepernick
    Matt- wrote: »

Cam has enough weapons. Olsen, Smith, Lafell are all very good? and hopefully Hixon and Ginn can can make some plays.

But it's hard to invest in receivers when you got like 50 million still tied up in the running backs.

I don't think the skins, colts, Seahawks have that much more talent around their qbs than the panthers do with Cam

You're right about the Skins and Colts not having as much talent but the Seahawks before getting Percy Harvin had some pretty solid talent on offense. Steve Smith isn't getting any younger, Olsen is solid, Ginn is a return man and Lafell isn't all that great to me. Don't know much about Domenick Hixon's past besides being on the Giants.

Cam was awesome his rookie season because they ran the ball great which set up lots of play-action. If they can get back to running the ball this year like they did his rookie year, they will be on the cusp of a playoff appearance. If they can't run the ball like they did his rookie season, he is gonna need another receiver to step up big time besides Smith in order to be effective.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colin Kaepernick
    Subliminal ether to..

nfl_u_tannehill1_sy_576.jpg

158684048_10.jpg

11884650-large.jpg

Gabbert_Sacked.jpeg

350x-377-e1351426223587.jpg?w=245

andywhew.gif
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3
    David Carr's rookie season he was sacked a NFL record 76 times. He only threw 15 picks.

Andrew Luck was sack 44 times last year. He threw 18 picks.

Not that he was gonna be good but they didn't have to do him like that ... I swear that ? got hit every dropback. By year 3 he would just curl up into a ball after 1 mississippi.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3
    ? Warshaw‏@MickWarshaw
    David Carr took 249 sacks in first five years, averaging 1 short of 50/season. Toss out '03 (he missed a lot of time) average is 58.5.

DAYUM this dude was getting sacked 4 times a game. I'm heated if RG3 get sacked more than once.

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Andrew Luck
    Dalton deserved to be left off the way he performed in the playoffs
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »

You're right about the Skins and Colts not having as much talent but the Seahawks before getting Percy Harvin had some pretty solid talent on offense. Steve Smith isn't getting any younger, Olsen is solid, Ginn is a return man and Lafell isn't all that great to me. Don't know much about Domenick Hixon's past besides being on the Giants.

Cam was awesome his rookie season because they ran the ball great which set up lots of play-action. If they can get back to running the ball this year like they did his rookie year, they will be on the cusp of a playoff appearance. If they can't run the ball like they did his rookie season, he is gonna need another receiver to step up big time besides Smith in order to be effective.

the point i was making is that people shouldn't belittle the panthers skill position players in a way that makes it seem like those other teams had that much more talent. Steve Smith is still a true #1 receiver in the league, regardless of age, Olsen is one of the most talented tight ends around, and Lefell is a pretty good #2. Add in two rbs pretty good rbs, and thats not a terrible lineup of weapons. Seattle's core of lynch, rice, tate, and whoever else they got (harvin) really aint that much better, if its even better at all
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam Newton
    Cam Newton will have a better year than all of them... breakout year
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colin Kaepernick
    CK7