The Re-niggerizing of the black professional class.......

Options
bambu
bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
http://youtu.be/zCO4BxUMpD0

CORNEL WEST: Well, the first thing, I think we have to acknowledge that President Obama has very little moral authority at this point, because we know anybody who tries to rationalize the killing of innocent peoples, a criminal—George Zimmerman is a criminal—but President Obama is a global George Zimmerman, because he tries to rationalize the killing of innocent children, 221 so far, in the name of self-defense, so that there’s actually parallels here.

AMY GOODMAN: Where?

CORNEL WEST: In Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen. So when he comes to talk about the killing of an innocent person, you say, "Well, wait a minute. What kind of moral authority are you bringing? You’ve got $2 million bounty on Sister Assata Shakur. She’s innocent, but you are pressing that intentionally. Will you press for the justice of Trayvon Martin in the same way you press for the prosecution of Brother Bradley Manning and Brother Edward Snowden?" So you begin to see the hypocrisy.

Then he tells stories about racial profiling. They’re moving, sentimental stories, what Brother Kendall Thomas called racial moralism, very sentimental. But then, Ray Kelly, major candidate for Department of Homeland Security, he’s the poster child of racial profiling. You know, Brother Carl Dix and many of us went to jail under Ray Kelly. Why? Because he racially profiled millions of young black and brown brothers. So, on the one hand, you get these stories, sentimental—

The Re-niggerizing of the black professional class....... 26 votes

This ? need to stop........
26%
texas409GettinLoilledoutunspoken_respectHyenaKillaTymoney19LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY 7 votes
I'm with this ? , yo..........
73%
bootsy_jenkinsdwade206young_reezybambuKaijonohueyIp manWill MunnyOff&OnAjackson17NothingButTheTruthMister B.7figzkonceptjonesCockMcStuffinsUndefeatableWYRMGhost Leopard 19 votes

Comments

• bambu
    Options
    tumblr_m18am82YpO1qglwtqo1_500.gif
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cornel West makes valid points..he's been villainized by obama supporters but fact remains he touches on subjects most are too afraid to voice aloud in the media..

I agree with him to a certain extent tho..
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? with these muslim agenda..WHO GIVES A ? ABOUT THEM!! They dont give a ? about yaall..Even somalians. They're slaves to the arab culture. ? THEM.
  • bambu
    Options
    what does this have to do with the black professional class

Transcript............

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/7/22/cornel_west_obamas_response_to_trayvon
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brother West is the MLK of our time, just smarter and better read.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same thing I was thinking.

The thread title doesn't have anything to do with what you're talking about in the o/p.

• bambu
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

Same thing I was thinking.

The thread title doesn't have anything to do with what you're talking about in the o/p.

CORNEL WEST: Well, no, that’s beautiful. That’s an identification. The question is: Will that identification hide and conceal the fact there’s a criminal justice system in place that has nearly destroyed two generations of very precious, poor black and brown brothers? He hasn’t said a mumbling word until now. Five years in office and can’t say a word about the new Jim Crow.

And at the same time, I think we have to recognize that he has been able to hide and conceal that criminalizing of the black poor as what I call the re-niggerizing of the black professional class. You’ve got these black leaders on the Obama plantation, won’t say a criminal word about the master in the big house, will only try to tame the field folk so that they’re not critical of the master in the big house. That’s why I think even Brother Sharpton is going to be in trouble. Why? Because he has unleashed—and I agree with him—the rage. And the rage is always on the road to self-determination. But the rage is going to hit up against a stone wall. Why? Because Obama and Holder, will they come through at the federal level for Trayvon Martin? We hope so. Don’t hold your breath. And when they don’t, they’re going to have to somehow contain that rage. And in containing that rage, there’s going to be many people who say, "No, we see, this president is not serious about the criminalizing of poor people." We’ve got a black leadership that is deferential to Obama, that is subservient to Obama, and that’s what niggerizing is. You keep folks so scared. You keep folks so intimidated. You can give them money, access, but they’re still scared. And as long as you’re scared, you’re on the plantation.

AMY GOODMAN: Let’s talk about that issue of the civil rights charges.

• Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By his standards every head of a govt is a war criminal. It's just not realistic.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He brought that real and having the intellectual people in their pockets now they can control the black population on certain subjects and ideologies. The black community refuses to be well read and if they were well read, they would know that President Obama is playing chess and manipulating them
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama is president of the United States,
    not president of making black people do better..

We ? and rob each other..
    sell drugs to our own people,
    and tear up our own neighborhoods..

I'm not saying Obama shouldn't at least try,
    But its hard to help people that don't want to help themselves..
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't always agree with West but he's right on this particular issue.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word of the day: reniggerizing haha
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brother West is the MLK of our time, just smarter and better read.

would you please shut the ? up.
    he needs to either dread his ? hair or get a hair cut.
    HE Is a professional intellectual and therefore is mostly useless to the black race however he is correct on some issues.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    He is really correct on this issue and we need our intellectuals as much as we need our farmers, engineers, handimen, musicians and etc that's how we keep a culture and a strong one at that.

I think his hair is fine and I don't know the reason why his hair is being attacked all the time because it doesn't go with the norm.

Blacks need to be less on cosmetics and more focused on economics, building and strengthening culture, allies, morals, ethics, defining goals and acting upon them, regaining acres of land.

@zombie inbox me on how you working through Ghana, if you can bruh. I'm getting the ? outta here and trying to invest in Africa.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Attacking the speaker fallacy.

Tu Quo Que
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he's right, however this aint necessary at this time... he's hurting his brand more than anything else...
  • zombie
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    He is really correct on this issue and we need our intellectuals as much as we need our farmers, engineers, handimen, musicians and etc that's how we keep a culture and a strong one at that.

I think his hair is fine and I don't know the reason why his hair is being attacked all the time because it doesn't go with the norm.

Blacks need to be less on cosmetics and more focused on economics, building and strengthening culture, allies, morals, ethics, defining goals and acting upon them, regaining acres of land.

@zombie inbox me on how you working through Ghana, if you can bruh. I'm getting the ? outta here and trying to invest in Africa.

To be fair his hair in this video does looks better than it usually does and co-sign the bolded. Moving to ghana for me will be personally easier because i already have family there. My advice to you is to attain a level of financial, and spiritual freedom in america first Before you start dealing with africa.

Before you invest any time, money or love in ghana go to ghana and learn slowly.
  • zombie
    Options
    HyenaKilla wrote: »

They gon' rob yo ? ass blind bruh......

Even a ? can be redeemed in the cooling waters of the motherland.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    HyenaKilla wrote: »

They gon' rob yo ? ass blind bruh......

First of all, that's racist. Second of all Ghana is one of the safest nations in the world. Many black americans have made the move and if you use business sense and improved the job rates and work with the people you are benefiting yourself and those that live there. This is Pan Africanism and the wisdom of Marcus Garvey.
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    he's right, however this aint necessary at this time... he's hurting his brand more than anything else...

Smh. You don't get it. He's not trying to protect "his brand." He is speaking truth to power. That's what separates him from all these other negros.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smh. You don't get it. He's not trying to protect "his brand." He is speaking truth to power. That's what separates him from all these other negros.

when u really about that helping the ppl life, u dont scorch the earth... chess >>> checkers...
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

To be fair his hair in this video does looks better than it usually does and co-sign the bolded. Moving to ghana for me will be personally easier because i already have family there. My advice to you is to attain a level of financial, and spiritual freedom in america first Before you start dealing with africa.

Before you invest any time, money or love in ghana go to ghana and learn slowly.

Okay, I'm starting up some businesses with a buddy of mines and maybe I can bring it over there and also I would need some connects so I can work business with the people down there. I need to learn culture, language, thinking styles and etc. I'm no stranger to a foreign land, but I would need the finances and help improved there and as well as home.
  • Undefeatable
    Options

when u really about that helping the ppl life, u dont scorch the earth... chess >>> checkers...

Obama is not helping the people.

In fact, I would argue that he is positively hurting them.