The Re-niggerizing of the black professional class.......

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    He is really correct on this issue and we need our intellectuals as much as we need our farmers, engineers, handimen, musicians and etc that's how we keep a culture and a strong one at that.

I think his hair is fine and I don't know the reason why his hair is being attacked all the time because it doesn't go with the norm.

Blacks need to be less on cosmetics and more focused on economics, building and strengthening culture, allies, morals, ethics, defining goals and acting upon them, regaining acres of land.

@zombie inbox me on how you working through Ghana, if you can bruh. I'm getting the ? outta here and trying to invest in Africa.

They gon' rob yo ? ass blind bruh......

First of all, that's racist. Second of all Ghana is one of the safest nations in the world. Many black americans have made the move and if you use business sense and improved the job rates and work with the people you are benefiting yourself and those that live there. This is Pan Africanism and the wisdom of Marcus Garvey.

Bruh, I'm Jamaican & of Ghanaian descent (Asante).... so I know what I'm talkin' about & I know my history well. Yeen know Marcus Garvey got sold out by his "own" for rice?
    I'm tellin' ya mane. Ghanaians & Nigerians (It hurts to admit it) are not to be trusted when it come to money & business.

And all jamaicans are gun totting weed smoking rastamen, do you know how WHITE the bolded sounds?

this is why some ? have to stay where they are.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm with this ? , yo..........
    Nigerians have a bad rep for corruption though.

But I never heard this about Ghanaians.
  • zombie
    edited July 2013
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    He is really correct on this issue and we need our intellectuals as much as we need our farmers, engineers, handimen, musicians and etc that's how we keep a culture and a strong one at that.

I think his hair is fine and I don't know the reason why his hair is being attacked all the time because it doesn't go with the norm.

Blacks need to be less on cosmetics and more focused on economics, building and strengthening culture, allies, morals, ethics, defining goals and acting upon them, regaining acres of land.

@zombie inbox me on how you working through Ghana, if you can bruh. I'm getting the ? outta here and trying to invest in Africa.

To be fair his hair in this video does looks better than it usually does and co-sign the bolded. Moving to ghana for me will be personally easier because i already have family there. My advice to you is to attain a level of financial, and spiritual freedom in america first Before you start dealing with africa.

Before you invest any time, money or love in ghana go to ghana and learn slowly.

@zombie... U know I'm kickin' facts b.....I understand your sympathies for our ancestral land but even you gotta caution Ajack... but u puttin' sugar all in his kool-aid(nh). I'm telling @Ajackson like this..... str8 no chaser. pick ya poison jack.

And [PAUSE] @ the underlined.....

If his hair is ? up it's ? up nothing wrong with recognizing it.

africa is not as corrupt as people think it is especially ghana that is why i told him to learn slowly so that he can properly practice wisdom when over there.

Black people need to learn to stop being so afraid of each other. ? would go to ASIA OR EUROPE and give all their ? money to people who hate them but you caution another black man against doing business with africans.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its' reality. Most African nations are corrupt. So are West Indian nations. So are most countries that are barely 50-60 years old

Go do your business
  • zombie
    Options

They gon' rob yo ? ass blind bruh......

First of all, that's racist. Second of all Ghana is one of the safest nations in the world. Many black americans have made the move and if you use business sense and improved the job rates and work with the people you are benefiting yourself and those that live there. This is Pan Africanism and the wisdom of Marcus Garvey.

Bruh, I'm Jamaican & of Ghanaian descent (Asante).... so I know what I'm talkin' about & I know my history well. Yeen know Marcus Garvey got sold out by his "own" for rice?
    I'm tellin' ya mane. Ghanaians & Nigerians (It hurts to admit it) are not to be trusted when it come to money & business.

And all jamaicans are gun totting weed smoking rastamen, do you know how WHITE the bolded sounds?

this is why some ? have to stay where they are.

Yow!!! Yuh nuh 'ear weh mi ah seh.... mi seh...... dem sell out di Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey fi ? ' WHITE RICE.... Da TRUTH is ether ain't it?

What ether?? people from ghana and nigeria did not betray marcus african american did that
  • zombie
    Options
    The World is corrupt.... I'm not cosigning investing in Europe or Asia neither. I'm merely suggesting to "? " to save, save, save, save, & invest in themselves.

Who do you think really owns the money that you are saving??? and if you invest in yourself and you are in america then you are investing in america.
  • zombie
    Options
    Its' reality. Most African nations are corrupt. So are West Indian nations. So are most countries that are barely 50-60 years old

Go do your business

Fact: all nations have corruption and many of those 60 year old nations are being corrupted by the nation you are in right now ? so what are you trying to say
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? wih Cornell West, hes indiscriminate in his criticism as any real intellectual and honest person would.

It's about more than keeping Obama honest, it's about keeping black folks honest, it's about keeping his peers honest, it's about everyone who complained about bush to stay the course because aint ? changed.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Go do your business

Fact: all nations have corruption and many of those 60 year old nations are being corrupted by the nation you are in right now ? so what are you trying to say

Be careful.

• zombie
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The World is corrupt.... I'm not cosigning investing in Europe or Asia neither. I'm merely suggesting to "? " to save, save, save, save, & invest in themselves.

Who do you think really owns the money that you are saving??? and if you invest in yourself and you are in america then you are investing in america.

Now u not making any common sense... I'm thru, I said my piece. One.

Back the ? out the thread ? and i am not making sense to you because i am smarter than you.

Effectively all money is property of the government. If you invest in yourself by starting your own business or get a better education or even join a gym you are also investing in the nations where you are doing these things. because best believe all that activity if generating profit for the government somehow.
  • zombie
    Options

Go do your business

Be careful.

Or what??
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everywhere is corrupt and people are trying to make a profit at the end of the day. If you cover your tracks and know the laws and have grounded deeply rooted and planted, then you will have no problems, you might get a few hiccups now and again, but @zombie is right, do your research. Most blacks are too ignorant to realize that we need to create a global black power movement, because white supremacy and ideology is worldwide. Take back what's yours and quit being greedy with your own and short sighted and take back what is rightfully yours. Think chess not checkers.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol ? really talkin about his hair
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    West makes a good point about NY Stop & Frisk though. If Obama has really shown praise to the leaders pushing and supporting that policy it contradicts the so-called feeling of concern he has for young black males.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    didn't watch yet but him and Tavis have had it out for Barack for a minute ..
    ill definitely be back with my thoughts
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    Brother West is the MLK of our time, just smarter and better read.

Are dudes really mad that I said this? What exactly is wrong with what I said? Maybe MLK was a little bit more out there in the streets, but other than I stand by what I said.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Jay-Z got a whole lot to learn from Yasiin Bey"
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think West makes some good points, but honestly I think his stance is undercut by the fact that he has had it in for Obama from the start. People like him and Tavis Smiley have always wanted Obama to use is platform as president to serve Black interests more. The problem is if Obama did what they wanted him to, he never would have become president in the first place. He would have been dismissed just like Jessie Jackson when he ran. Obama is doing what he can. Black people need to stop looking to him for Black leadership, because it's not really possible for him to be the leader of the US and Black America at the same time.
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    I think West makes some good points, but honestly I think his stance is undercut by the fact that he has had it in for Obama from the start. People like him and Tavis Smiley have always wanted Obama to use is platform as president to serve Black interests more. The problem is if Obama did what they wanted him to, he never would have become president in the first place. He would have been dismissed just like Jessie Jackson when he ran. Obama is doing what he can. Black people need to stop looking to him for Black leadership, because it's not really possible for him to be the leader of the US and Black America at the same time.

This is just false.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are dudes really mad that I said this? What exactly is wrong with what I said? Maybe MLK was a little bit more out there in the streets, but other than I stand by what I said.

What has Cornel West actually done....besides talk and write books that most ? cant read.

What would make you say he is the MLK of our time?

What great movement has he organized?

What legislation did he help get passed?

Has he motivated and inspired millions of people to be socially active?

? just like to hear themselves talk.
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    ChefThird wrote: »

What has Cornel West actually done....besides talk and write books that most ? cant read.

I say that because he is fearless when it comes to speaking out for social justice, and he's not doing it just for personal fame. His vision of justice is universal; it not just for black folks. And he never loses sight of the humanity of white people, even as he tells it like it is about the legacy of white supremacy. These are MLK-like characteristics.

And he has participated in various movements for justice; he has been arrested several times. He has inspired many people; why do you think his lectures all over the world are always packed? (Some of them probably became socially active, but one can't say for sure.)
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    lol cornell is not as known as jesse and al. if he had the same popularity as both of them and still said the ? he says now i would be glad cuz then more people will listen but as of right now its not a lot of people listening. HE needs to do more himself instead of waiting for other leaders to do ? .
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? need to stop........
    Cornell and Tavis are acting like jilted women. Their still upset over being 'snubbed' by Obama for NOT having access to him AFTER the 2008 Election. So while his points are valid, at some level, they are tinged with personal feelings of contempt that he has for Obama.

2nd. It's not realistic to expect the 1st Black (actually mixed) President to adopt a pro-black social agenda. As we've seen with Obamacare, the blow back is vengeance from the left and the right. Obama is in a no-win situation and all people like West and Smiley do is galvanize the Right by using them as their poster boys.

It's sad to see what Cornell West has become, whining and complaining to White people about the Black guy. SMH... that's niggerization for you.
  • zombie
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ChefThird wrote: »

I say that because he is fearless when it comes to speaking out for social justice, and he's not doing it just for personal fame. His vision of justice is universal; it not just for black folks. And he never loses sight of the humanity of white people, even as he tells it like it is about the legacy of white supremacy. These are MLK-like characteristics.

And he has participated in various movements for justice; he has been arrested several times. He has inspired many people; why do you think his lectures all over the world are always packed? (Some of them probably became socially active, but one can't say for sure.)

Who gives a ? about the humanity of white people??? forget being universal we just need to take care of our interests. I am willing to bet that most of those lectures he gives all over the world are packed with mostly white people. Respect but forget the MLK dream ? , blacks walking into the sunlight while holding white peoples hands is never going to happen.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cornell and Tavis are acting like jilted women. Their still upset over being 'snubbed' by Obama for NOT having access to him AFTER the 2008 Election. So while his points are valid, at some level, they are tinged with personal feelings of contempt that he has for Obama.

2nd. It's not realistic to expect the 1st Black (actually mixed) President to adopt a pro-black social agenda. As we've seen with Obamacare, the blow back is vengeance from the left and the right. Obama is in a no-win situation and all people like West and Smiley do is galvanize the Right by using them as their poster boys.

It's sad to see what Cornell West has become, whining and complaining to White people about the Black guy. SMH... that's niggerization for you.

You can't refute any of his criticisms of the President, you said he makes valid points but you still trying to make it seem like it's personal.

You said he wants the President to only be concerned with black people and that's just a lie, he talks about the rights of ? people, he talks about the plight of Native Americans, he talks about poor white folks, he's been critical of the President for his drone strikes in the middle east, he's been critical about the torture of suspects at gitmo... so I don't see how he wants Obama to be the President of just black people.

And all of yall who stand by the president no matter what, ? need to start paying attention, he has a lot more in Common with Bush than you realize

Both bailed out banks and wall street

Both used drones to ? innocent people

Both used torture

Both had/has Tim Geithner and Larry Summers as economic advisers

And he wants to talk about racial profiling but he wants to promote that ? Raymond Kelly to secretary of homeland security, even though he heads an unconstitutional stop and frisk program that disproportionately targets young Black and Brown men, if George Bush was doing that yall ? would be up in arms, but since the President happens to be black we can't be critical of him?

Get way the ? outta here with that ?