Martian manhunter vs The Vision

Ghost Leopard
Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQYCMp8Sa7E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I know ? might be tempted to take manhunter hands down but I think due to the fact most of the fight these two would be intangible it might be closer than you think.

I give it to MM 8/10

Comments

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manhunter would ? stomp vision.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it'll be as sweet as yall think. J'onn fighting ability ain't all that and if Vision accidentally discovers his weakness to fire it would impact the field.

What gives MM the advantage isn't strength or speed but telepathic abilities.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
  • evoljeanyes
    TS you're right Jonn is usually used as Doc's. Equivalent to Surfer in the sense that he is not usually trying to really scrap to harm but to end confrontation...but when he is, ? dislodged. Vision isn't built like that. Jonn bodies him. Jonn basically is the Astral Plane in DC
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    I would say MM but his weakness is fire, that being said, I may give the upperhand to Vision unless MM takes him out quick with intangible.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vision doesn't have the power to take mm down but he can't really be touched either. Stalemate.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    MM is a person that Superman has reservations about having to go up against. Vision stands no chance. This is one of those matches that seems like a good idea until you factor in just how big the gap in power is.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    The Vision won't be able to stand up to Martian Manhunter. The Vision Vs. Red Tornado is a more realistic match up.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Vision is intangible can't be controlled telepathically and strength can is on par with other super strong characters.

Meaning this wouldn't be a easy fight for MM. Especially since vision can fire off a heat ray.

MM is can be intangible too as well as shape shift and he is much stronger than Vision. MM also has a heat ray type attack, and though he is psychologically vulnerable to fire, he's not particularly physically vulnerable to it.
  • jaxn
    this would be a closer fight than some would like to think, but MM takes it in the end.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does either one touch the other?
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    exactly, I'm calling it a draw. Vision probably ? on all the avengers except Scarlett realistically.
  • evoljeanyes
    I mean Vision is no hoe but manhunter unleashed is a monster. He is basically in DC what Surfer is in Marvel.

He can screw with anyone's mind and also he is strong as ? . He is fast.
  • jaxn
    I mean Vision is no hoe but manhunter unleashed is a monster. He is basically in DC what Surfer is in Marvel.

I wouldn't go that far to compare him to Surfer. He was most formidable during the Burning Martian arc
  • evoljeanyes
    jaxn wrote: »

I wouldn't go that far to compare him to Surfer. He was most formidable during the Burning Martian arc

In terms of doing his best work without a team, being a fighter only when pushed, and having access to damn near every power.
    Surfer would win. But they are used similarly is what I mean.

Do you disagree with that?
  • evoljeanyes
    I liked brightest day manhunter
  • jaxn

In terms of doing his best work without a team, being a fighter only when pushed, and having access to damn near every power.

nah, the only part I would disagree to is his versatility. The Surfer can pull damn near any power out his ass. MM is working with a specific powerset. Everything else is spot on about MM
  • evoljeanyes

nah, the only part I would disagree to is his versatility. The Surfer can pull damn near any power out his ass. MM is working with a specific powerset. Everything else is spot on about MM

That's cool...you're right in a sense because surfer always is shown to b obsurd. Manhunter only sometime? Being a psionic with massive matter manipulation, intangibility, energy blasts, and shape shifting is crazy powerset.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Yeah, that just goes to show how crazy Surfer's power set is. You're kinda inflating MM's powerset though. Well not really, but some of what you're saying is redundant. MM doesn't have general matter manipulation as far as I know, what he does have is massive manipulation of his own matter. Intangibility and shape shifting are just aspects of that power.

That's not to take away from him though. As you pointed out he's a big time psionic with energy blasts, and also has super strength and flight abilities. Still dwarfed by Surfer whose versatility is only beaten by reality warpers, high level cosmics, and top tier magic users.
  • evoljeanyes
    Yeah, that just goes to show how crazy Surfer's power set is. You're kinda inflating MM's powerset though. Well not really, but some of what you're saying is redundant. MM doesn't have general matter manipulation as far as I know, what he does have is massive manipulation of his own matter. Intangibility and shape shifting are just aspects of that power.

That's not to take away from him though. As you pointed out he's a big time psionic with energy blasts, and also has super strength and flight abilities. Still dwarfed by Surfer whose versatility is only beaten by reality warpers, high level cosmics, and top tier magic users.

Man...manhunter can can manipulate anything with his psionic powerset. He also has matter manipulation to atomic levels. He regenerates himself and other's! And he casts illusions which is crazy power.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Oh ok, I'll take your word for it. I've never seen him use his telekinesis to do anything comparable to what true matter manipulators like Surfer do. And casting illusions is just an extension of his psionic powers. Any telepath can do that.
  • evoljeanyes
    Oh ok, I'll take your word for it. I've never seen him use his telekinesis to do anything comparable to what true matter manipulators like Surfer do. And casting illusions is just an extension of his psionic powers. Any telepath can do that.

I didn't think about the illusion casting that way, you're right. Plus when we're talking consistency these are still reaches because he doesn't user matter manipulation often I really can only think of one instance. He and two other league members got blasted to smithereens. He was literally just an arm and hecregenerates himself ivthijk guy and someone else. Either way his powerset isn't quite surfer level bit its still extremely versatile.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Well him regenerating himself would just be a result of having complete control of his own matter. However, if he did recreate someone too, then that is one of the highest telekinetic feats I've ever heard of in comics.

Either way, you're right, he's very versatile. It's been stated more than once that he's one of the most powerful people in the entire Justice League. Someone even Superman is wary of.