X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
02_xmen_poster.jpg

Comments

• 1CK1S
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    Options
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Sour wrote: »
    I don't watch Bryan Singer movies. Dude sucks.

he really does...House was a good TV show though
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What about The Usual Suspects?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But I'll make an exception for this

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie title still sounds like the name of some Final Fantasy video game.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I really hated X-Men but remembered enjoying X2. I tried to watch X2 the other day for the first time in 10 years and it really wasn't as good as I recalled. I couldn't even make it through the entire movie.

Days of Future Past = must miss.
  • Broddie
    Options

he really does...House was a good TV show though

For about the first 10 episodes until every single episode started to look and feel exactly the same.
  • Broddie
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    why couldnt they get the director from first class smh

Because that was a boring ass movie. Or maybe he wasn't interested in directing Wolverine 6.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn... someone's gotta ? Bryan singer huh?
  • Copper
    Options
    Movie title still sounds like the name of some Final Fantasy video game.

Its the name of one of xmens best storylines
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    why couldnt they get the director from first class smh

He turned it down and decided to do The Secret Service instead.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Apparently that blonde kid isn't Banshee, it's Alex Summers (Havok). LMAO the butchering is even worse.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish Fox would just sell the rights to the Mutants in marvel. I could only imagine how epic XMen could be
  • Copper
    Options
    I hope they don't try to do this story in one film...they should do what Disney did with the second and third pirates film both films at one and split it into two
  • Broddie
    Options
    I wish Fox would just sell the rights to the Mutants in marvel. I could only imagine how epic XMen could be

Mostly everybody who actually cares about the X-Men feels the same way but it will always be wishful thinking.
  • Broddie
    Options
    mikelewis wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    Apparently that blonde kid isn't Banshee, it's Alex Summers (Havok). LMAO the butchering is even worse.

They ever explain why Alex Summers, who is Scott's younger brother, is alive during the Cuban Missile Crisis???

The continuity in this movie series is more broken than Bryan Singer's ? filmography.
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

The continuity in this movie series is more broken than Bryan Singer's ? filmography.

Okay, because I wondered what the point was in bringing him in given that anyone who has the slightest knowledge of X-Men knows how incredbly wrong it was.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never expected much from first class so I didn't watch it until about 2 months ago. It was surprisingly good.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I never expected much from first class so I didn't watch it until about 2 months ago. It was surprisingly good.

I tried to watch it because so many people told me it was good. Some were like "I know you didn't like the other movies but this one is different". In the end it was just more of the same.

Bland production design with amateur looking effects some boring and forced character development (Mystique as Xavier's sister despite them not even acknowledging each other in the trilogy?) & a lame supervillain plot which bored me halfway through despite featuring some of my favorite actors today and me enjoying Matthew Vaughn's other movies. It just reaffirmed that these X-Men movies really aren't for me at all.

I just turned it off and re-read the first 10 issues of the excellent All-New X-Men comic book series that's going on right now.

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I can't take this ? seriously bruh. Magneto is 95 years old and about to roll over in his grave, Wolverine is 25 and 6'2, Jean Grey is 40 years old and ugly as ? but they all wanna smash. The whole story is all off. In X3 Bret Ratner made Quicksilver a black chick (Dania Ramirez), now they wanna go back and rewrite a mistake like we didn't remember when they killed them all off.

I'll watch a X-Men movie when Marvel get's it's full rights back and goes to disney then changes directors to someone that actually reads the comics, otherwise, I won't even waste downloading this ? .