The Wolverine (2013)

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    FOX just sucks wolverine, blade 3 , spiderman 3, daredevil, elektra, fantastic 4, the last punisher

Marvel ? themselves dealing with FOX

The 3 movies in bold were not made by Fox but point taken. Luckily for Daredevil, The Punisher and Blade their media rights have been folded back into Marvel Studios along with the media rights for Ghost Rider.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    X Force is coming next Wolverine gonna be in that too

Watch them use the Uncanny X-Force line up in order to make that happen

Uncanny_X-Force_Vol_1_2.jpg
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so wolverine is gona just have bone claws from now on or he get metal ones again young poster post
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question minor *spoiler*
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    so wolverine is gona just have bone claws from now on or he get metal ones again young poster post

that was answered in the part I didnt copy in paste of the article but it was saying that he has the bone claws from here on out in the comics until Apocalypse came and gave him back the metal bones. Which means that they could be setting up for Apocalypse in future films down the road

Link to the full article http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the-wolverine/26587/exploring-the-wolverines-post-credits-scene
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Idk if it's just me, but I'm only able to read spoilers on mobile now. The PC version of this site seems to be ? up for me. All the spoilers, images where you post are just the letters b b b. Quoting is ? up for me too.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C+ at best for me.
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good movie, I'll try to keep my reviews spoiler free as possible but these are the positives I got from it;

Action:
    The usage of the claws and his superhuman abilities were on full display in this movie, I enjoyed that aspect. He clawed down some ? (and in the end, as a fan of the character, that's what it comes down to, really) The train scene was just badass all around
    Character Development:
    This movies wasn't just some rushed action summer movie whatever, it had character, and development. The actors (mostly Japanese) all put in strong performances.
    Setting:
    The cinematography was great. The setting was beautiful...you really got a sense that Logan was in a foreign culture to his the entire team. Not a surprise from director James Mangold, hugely underappreciated for his work on 3:10 to Yuma.
    Post Credit Badassery:
    Yea, no way to talk about this without spoiling, but just know to stay after!

Negatives:

The PG-13 rating was always going to hurt it...and it did at certain sequences. You get the sense that the true essence of Wolverine as a beserker fighter is still not there. Jackman does a good enough job, but there's still something of the snarling, feral canadian that he cannot seem to ignite.

Relating to that aspect also, I would've loved to see more of the animalistic Logan...there's a sequence early in the movie where I thought they'd explore that a bit more....but it seemed more a hollow homage than an actual acknowledgement.

All in all though, good movie for the money. Enjoyable.

I'm still waiting for a movie to capture Wolverine though.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good movie. Watched the early release showing the other night.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was horrible. plot all over the place
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hust had a thought what if all this leads to an xmen vs avengers movie about 8 years down the line.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not enough Silver Samurai.. forced love story. Action had it's moments though.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good movie...better than the first... I liked the ending...give FOX their props
  • Copper
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    FOX just sucks wolverine, blade 3 , spiderman 3, daredevil, elektra, fantastic 4, the last punisher

Marvel ? themselves dealing with FOX

The 3 movies in bold were not made by Fox but point taken. Luckily for Daredevil, The Punisher and Blade their media rights have been folded back into Marvel Studios along with the media rights for Ghost Rider.

We need a blade 4
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got back from the theater. This progressively got better to me as we got through the movie. I enjoyed it, but I also enjoyed the Wolverine Origins which most of you seem to hate lol.

I did notice a couple goofs and flaws in the movie though. There was the scene with Wolverine and Mariko were in her pad eating, and Wolverine left his chopsticks up then she sat them down and said it was a bad omen, but in the next shot with the camera at their sides the chopsticks are back up and she sets them down again. I didn't notice him put them back up, but if he did it might just be showing his stubbornness.

There was also the scene where Viper was approaching Mariko's father and it shows her taking a glove off, then after it shows Mariko's father it shows Viper taking the same glove off again, and then while they do a close up on her as she talks to Mariko's father, it looks like she's taking the gloves off AGAIN.

But those are just errors somewhere in the film's production and aren't major.

I do have a question about the whole story and plot though, if Wolverine lost his memories after stryker shot him with the bullet... how does he remember Yashida and what happened in World War 2? I'm assuming he didn't get shot by Stryker before World War 2, otherwise Stryker would've been a hell of a lot older in the first x-men movies.
  • Copper
    Options
    Xavier supposed to had helped him start to piece his memories together again...just like in the comics... I think
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was garbage
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    X Force is coming next Wolverine gonna be in that too

Watch them use the Uncanny X-Force line up in order to make that happen

Uncanny_X-Force_Vol_1_2.jpg

As long as Deadpool is in it I dont care
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll say this.....it was 10X better than the monstrosity that was Wolverine Origins. They could have left the whole love story on the cutting room floor. More Black Clan & Silver Samurai would have been nice too. Viper was wack.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm wondering how far they're going to take the Yukio character. A good bit of story happened with them in the comics. If there's a sequel, I wonder if she'll still be in it.

I didn't finish watching the first wolverine. The minute they showed dead pool and how horribly they had captured him I turned it off. It was looking like they wouldn't do sabertooth any justice either. I loved capcoms interpretation of him being a fly, wealthy hitman.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It was better than I thought it would be. I wouldve enjoyed the action more if I wasnt breaking my neck in the 2nd row but it was still good action. The main reason why I saw this is because Im so enamored with japanese culture
    Why after viper suppressed his powers did Logan get shot about 12x afterwards and still didnt die? Every time he got shot I was like FOH. Logan mustve lost like 6 pints of blood through the entire movie. When silver samurai cut off logan's claws I was like "? whats gonna happen to dude after this ? ?" The post credits scene was nice though. I was laughing when professor X came through speeding and weaving through people and his body looked fake as hell like they used a ? or a doll lol

Bomb goin off in the beginning and then them showing logan with scarred tissue and skin was GOAT
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    so was the sentinels were in this movie or nah?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so was the sentinels were in this movie or nah?
    nope.

It was better than I thought it would be. I wouldve enjoyed the action more if I wasnt breaking my neck in the 2nd row but it was still good action. The main reason why I saw this is because Im so enamored with japanese culture
    Why after viper suppressed his powers did Logan get shot about 12x afterwards and still didnt die? Every time he got shot I was like FOH. Logan mustve lost like 6 pints of blood through the entire movie. When silver samurai cut off logan's claws I was like "? whats gonna happen to dude after this ? ?" The post credits scene was nice though. I was laughing when professor X came through speeding and weaving through people and his body looked fake as hell like they used a ? or a doll lol

Bomb goin off in the beginning and then them showing logan with scarred tissue and skin was GOAT
    lol yeah, I was like "hol up" when he was getting shot all the time too. I'm pretty sure he took a shotgun shell to the stomach at some point while he didn't have his power and still he looked like he had been punched in the stomach more than he'd been shot. I'm not sure if it's a "his powers were suppressed but not completely gone" scenario or what

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One thing that got me is that wolverine needs to go do some training. He was far from the "best of what I do". Kept getting shot, stabbed, sliced, punched, kicked. But it's by other well trained fighters, so I let it slide at first. But Yukio fights that dude in the lab and doesn't get a scratch on her. That healing factor might have him walking round too damn cocky and reckeless. Seemed real sloppy with them paws