The Wolverine (2013)

Options
124»

Comments

• swagbear
    swagbear Members Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    Options
    would have been better if they made is rated R Dont you think?

tumblr_mhpqz7ke491qezgk8o1_500.gif
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, but if they made it rated R that limits who can see it.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, but if they made it rated R that limits who can see it.

this is why fox are retards.

if they were smart and had given it a harder rating they would have done some good to a ? franchise.they made their money from the first film so could have afforded to make it more graphic because the fans would have appreciated a more serious take but still kept it relatively safe.

wolverine has been pussiffied in film form,this is the one time imo they could have redeemed him somewhat and Hugh jackman deserves a definitive film this role.

despite that I enjoyed this,anything that includes semi smashable Japanese women is alright on my book.

viper was a ? terrible villain though.they should have focused more on the silver samurai.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    swagbear wrote: »
    would have been better if they made is rated R Dont you think?

tumblr_mhpqz7ke491qezgk8o1_500.gif

That's why i'm waiting until the DVD comes out, rumor has it there will be an R rated version.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie was okay.

Not great not overly good in my opinion just okay.

The plot development and character build up was much better than the Wolverine Origins movie.

Viper was a very wack villain.

I didn't like how they incorporated the Silver Samurai and the Black Clan Ninjas into the storyline either.

The plot should have focused more on the Silver Samurai and the Black Clan Ninjas.

Viper should have been omitted from the storyline all together.

Silver Samurai should have been introduced much earlier in the story.

Those contestant dreams/flashblacks Logan kept having of Jean Grey got to be annoying as the storyline progressed I understand why they did it but I got the point after the first 1-2 flashbacks.

Overall okay movie I would give it a C.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Comic book fanboys I will say this to you.....

The studio and production teams are trying to make money off these movies.

Given that variable they try to write and present the movies and characters in such a manner that they appeal not only to comic book fanboys but also men, women, and younger children who aren't as big on reading comics and figuring out the origin and background information on these characters.

Its all about the dollar at the end of the day and these movies are presented in a fashion to maximize profits at the box office.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Comic book fanboys I will say this to you.....

The studio and production teams are trying to make money off these movies.

Given that variable they try to write and present the movies and characters in such a manner that they appeal not only to comic book fanboys but also men, women, and younger children who aren't as big on reading comics and figuring out the origin and background information on these characters.

Its all about the dollar at the end of the day and these movies are presented in a fashion to maximize profits at the box office.

I understand that and any competent director or screenwriter could have that very thing with just a little research. Instead we got a typical summer blockbuster that didn't do the property any justice. Before the films, the John Doe Public didn't even know who the ? "The Uncanny X-Men," were. That gave anybody attached to the project to so a trilogy (or how many films they decided to do,) to explore the issues that me and Broddie talked about.

Also, Wolverine could had his own set of movies with him working the Canadian government and Canada's need to field it's own team of superheros. Wolverine was suppose to work with:

The-Guardian.jpg

Jamie Hudson (aka The Vindicator,) not to say it would have been necessary to include Alpha Flight, but it would have been something to see or establish the relationships he had with people in Japan and the Far East. Long story, short, Fox's X-Men franchise has been a gang of missed opportunities.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    saw this movie and thought it was ? trash. cheap, schlocky, corny ? all the way around. next time I'm trusting the IMDb rating (7.1 vs MOS 7.7 and IM3 7.6) over all the fantard posts there calling it a masterpiece and the best CB movie of the year.

I'm officially done with X-Men movies, Fox is not getting my money again especially after viewing the stupid after credits scene with hundred year old washed up looking Magneto again - ? that ? i'm done with the franchise until Fox turns over the rights back to Marvel Studios.
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    - ? that ? i'm done with the franchise until Fox turns over the rights back to Marvel Studios.

? IT! I keep telling y'all ? Marvel Studios "isn't the end all and be all," of being their characters to the big screen. After it was MARVEL STUDIOS that did that ? with the Mandrian, what Fox needs to do with the X-Men is is find an executive producer with long term vision for the franchise and entrust that executive producer who can find a script, director, and cast to bring that vision to the big screen. Any studio (including Marvel) can bring vision to fruition, hell I dare say, with the proper people involved in the project they might be able to do a better job than Marvel Studios. ? put waaay too much on Marvel Studios, Disney arguably has the best animation department in the world, but we have yet to any animated features from them with any Marvel characters.

• A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

? IT! I keep telling y'all ? Marvel Studios "isn't the end all and be all," of being their characters to the big screen.

yea they are. I didn't see Iron Man 3 but besides what is apparently their first misstep they have been the only company to make any good Marvel movies. and you have to admit they stick to the source material, something that has never happened with any of the X-Men movies - not a single one was even close to the source material and they're 6 movies deep.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    - ? that ? i'm done with the franchise until Fox turns over the rights back to Marvel Studios.

? IT! I keep telling y'all ? Marvel Studios "isn't the end all and be all," of being their characters to the big screen. After it was MARVEL STUDIOS that did that ? with the Mandrian, what Fox needs to do with the X-Men is is find an executive producer with long term vision for the franchise and entrust that executive producer who can find a script, director, and cast to bring that vision to the big screen. Any studio (including Marvel) can bring vision to fruition, hell I dare say, with the proper people involved in the project they might be able to do a better job than Marvel Studios. ? put waaay too much on Marvel Studios, Disney arguably has the best animation department in the world, but we have yet to any animated features from them with any Marvel characters.

I don't like most of the Marvel Studios movies. TBF the only one I like is the original Iron Man. But I also recognize that I have a minority opinion. They're praised to high heaven by most geeks for a reason. They took one of their lower tier and more boring characters from the comic books (Iron Man) and made him into a pop culture icon on the level of Superman, Batman and Spider-Man. That's no easy feat. Kevin Feige knows how to pair up these properties with the right filmmakers and Fox does not. I'd take the executive producer that actually cares about maintaining the integrity of a property by giving it to a team that cares about doing proper research over ones who don't.

Fox isn't just incompetent with their Marvel movies they're incompetent with a lot of regular movies too. They're a pretty ? studio when it comes to quality control now a days and have been that way since the turn of the century for the most part. Marvel Studios has a way more consistent track record and I'm sure they'll never half step with one of their most lucrative and popular properties if they have the movie rights for them.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The first half of the film was great and the type of character development that was going on is basically what a proper Wolverine film has been crying out for years... and then it went silly and turned into yet another generic action film with one of the most convoluted and ridiculous plot twists this summer, surely. It's like the studio bottled it and forced the director to cater for the summer blockbuster action crowd. This film really could have been far better and it felt like a massively missed opportunity.

James Mangold is a great director and the first half of the film proved it, but I still wonder what Darren Aronofsky would have done with the film. I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have caved in to any studio demands and would have probably pushed for a higher certificate rating. This should have been released after the awards season/spring with less expectations of it being an action blockbuster type film.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like nostradamus on these movies, knew that ? sucked.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They really do be making Wolverine a simp in these movies, every minute this ? is crying over a married ? . He didn't even ? the ? ,
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't see the truth with stars in your eyes. Wolverine films should be R rated. And you know who would see it? The millions of adult fans who want an actual Wolverine movie instead of the cream puff. This is ? Wolverine. Leave that PG-13 ? for the likes of Fantastic Four and Iron Man. PG-13 and the name alone, Wolverine, doesn't go together.
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Can't see the truth with stars in your eyes. Wolverine films should be R rated. And you know who would see it? The millions of adult fans who want an actual Wolverine movie instead of the cream puff. This is ? Wolverine. Leave that PG-13 ? for the likes of Fantastic Four and Iron Man. PG-13 and the name alone, Wolverine, doesn't go together.

Word, ain't nothing nice about Logan. He's moody, uber-violent, hard living, hard drinkin', cigar smokin Canadian cowboy muthafucka who's in a constant battle with himself to maintain control over his more feral instincts. Every so often he has to go into the wild to release those instincts that he's been holding back for so long.

Wolverine is an assassin, utterly ruthless, cold and meticulous one at that. Though he's an honor bound man, he's like Shaft in that he's hard to understand, he keeps people at distance, and he presents the interesting ironic juxtaposition of being consummate team member and possible, but being extremely dangerous to those he's around.

These are all interesting themes that can brought to the big screen, especially in an R Rated film, but unfortunately, the fandom will never get to see this version of Wolverine.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was straight
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? said he cant throw claws....lol
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    They really do be making Wolverine a simp in these movies, every minute this ? is crying over a married ? . He didn't even ? the ? ,

for real fam.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

Word, ain't nothing nice about Logan. He's moody, uber-violent, hard living, hard drinkin', cigar smokin Canadian cowboy muthafucka who's in a constant battle with himself to maintain control over his more feral instincts. Every so often he has to go into the wild to release those instincts that he's been holding back for so long.

Wolverine is an assassin, utterly ruthless, cold and meticulous one at that. Though he's an honor bound man, he's like Shaft in that he's hard to understand, he keeps people at distance, and he presents the interesting ironic juxtaposition of being consummate team member and possible, but being extremely dangerous to those he's around.

These are all interesting themes that can brought to the big screen, especially in an R Rated film, but unfortunately, the fandom will never get to see this version of Wolverine.
    My thoughts exactly.