Blueprint 1 (Jay-z) VS Marshall Mathers LP (Emenim)

Options
DefJam44
DefJam44 Banned Users Posts: 25
edited June 2010 in The Face Off Forum

Comments

• Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Blueprint 1 is better

? even marshall is on the album
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Blueprint ? on MMLP
  • northtoledoboi
    northtoledoboi Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Man, this is a hard one. Both are two of my favorites. Can't go wrong with either one. If I had to pick, it'd be Marshall Mathers LP.
  • NevaChange
    NevaChange Members Posts: 230
    edited January 2010
    Options
    LMAO. Is this a shock thread?
    Blueprint by a billion miles.
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How many times? I swear they just want NevaChange to come out, LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Blueprint, MMLP is good but loses replay value after 1 or 2 spins
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I prefer MMLP over Blueprint 1. From the jump I never liked the samples and beats used for some of the cuts on the first blueprint. I prefer the best cuts from Blueprint 2 over BP 1. I thought Girls Girls Girls and H to the IZZO were both corny and wack, if it had more ? like the bonus joints at the End (Girls Remix, Lyrical Exercise, U don Know, Takeover etc) I thought Hova Hovito was stupid and Neva Change is one Jigga Worst Joints.
  • sutterkane
    sutterkane Members Posts: 316
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'd go with the MMLP.......But I like both, I think it just comes down to wich artist you prefer because there both great records
  • Techn0tic
    Techn0tic Members Posts: 30
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm a big fan of both albums, but I'm going with the Marshall Mathers LP, I still spin that. It had possibly hip hop's best song or one of the best songs recorded in Stan, and Em's wordplay and lyricism on the CD are just great. Sure, Blueprint 1 has more club joints, but in terms of lyricism, MMLP triumphs over it massively. That's why I like MMLP better, I look at lyricism before anything. In that category, nobody can really touch Em.
  • poopoo
    poopoo Members Posts: 212
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Marshall Mathers LP, Blueprint is pretty good but I always prefered Marshall Mathers LP.
  • Southr'n Gentleman
    Southr'n Gentleman Members Posts: 5
    edited February 2010
    Options
    For me, Blueprint. I can just put that ? in, smoke, & ride ya digg? Don't get me wrong: MMLP was on a whole nother level than a lot of ? b4 it, but it doesn't have the same replay value 2 me.
  • brazilblur
    brazilblur Members Posts: 668
    edited February 2010
    Options
    MMLP!!! But barely both are two of my favorite albums! Both have a couple of weak songs to me, and since the blueprint is shorter the nod should go to em! The highest points on each album also make MMLP better, it was just a more complete album!
  • il nonno
    il nonno Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    why is this not a poll? MMLP.
  • 420Barz
    420Barz Members Posts: 28
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? on.... no

blueprint better, yeah but not by that far away MMLP was a masterpeace, and is one of the greatest rap records ever, real talk
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    MARSHALL MATHERS is a better album.

It's a story; a prequal to another original album. Jigga can't do a true conceptual album. Complete with funny skits, a reoccuring intro (brought to you in part by Slim Shady), and anthems for divorced husbands, trailor trash, and hoods.

Blueprint was dope, but MMLP was ? .
  • RXMasked
    RXMasked Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    depends on your taste.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I love both albums but the MMLP takes this one. Lyrically BP ain't ? wit that album.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    As much as i love both albums im a go with the blueprint cause i can put that ? on and vibe to it mmlp i tend to skip alot of joints now when i throw it on
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Blueprint one is Superior!

its Jiggas defining moment that he was king and wasnt to be ? with! and also about 80% of it was produced by Kanye West. unknown at the time.
    but this was his real breakout everybody wanted to know who was doing those beats with the sped up chimpunk soul vocal samples!
    The Takeover, H to the Izzo, Girls, Girls, Girls, Song Cry, Renegades WIth Em i cant name a weak track on this disc..

in addition the release date of the BLUEPRINT was SEP 11, 2001! the world changed so much that day and peoples focus wasnt on rap albums and what for a minute but this album still cut threw and sold about 2 million and might be Jays best overall!!

MMLP was damn good but it aint no Blueprint!!
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Stan>>blueprint
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    Blueprint ? on MMLP

Lyrically mmlp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>blueprint by a country mile

Better lyricism storytelling and better songs i'mma go with mmlp. Blueprint is the dope it's my 3rd favorite jay z album
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Blueprint 1 is better

? even marshall is on the album

lol yeah but he ripped jay