"Classic," Movies That in Reality Are Overrated As ? and Are Straight Trash

Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
You ever hear about certain movies that are deemed by the critics and general population as classics, but you've never actually gotten around to seeing them; however when upon seeing the flick, you're like, "This ? is ass, straight, garbage, and I wasted time out of my life that I will never get back." Well, your boy had this experience the other day with this pile of hot streaming pile of ? garbage:

download.blog?fhandle=YmxvZzY4MTM1QGZzNC50aXN0b3J5LmNvbTovYXR0YWNoLzAvMDEwMDAwMDAwMDMzLmpwZw%3D%3D

I thought this ? was going to be about HAL malfunctioning or be coming sentient, taking over the space station and the astronauts having to figure out a way of beating HAL or not beating HAL and dying. ? , was I ever wrong. First the screen is black as for like two minutes. I knew nothing was wrong with the DVD because I could see the time elapsing with that annoying as hum. Finally, the movie comes on epic as ? with that shot of moon, the earth, and the sun while of course that all familiar hella tight theme music.

The ? goes to the days of prehistoric man and shows some pre-ass "Fred Flintstone," ? doing some pre "Fred Flintstone," ? . They get into some funk with another group of man-ape ? behind a watering hole. One of the pre-ass "Fred Flintstone," ? discovers that with a bone he can smash ? and puts the rest of his potnas up on game, now pre-ass "Fred Flintstone" are eating meat and when they get into with the other of primal muthafuckas again, (I'm assuming it's the alpha male of the group,) kills one of the other group with the bone. Then there's this mysterious ? that made zero sense to me:

936full-2001--a-space-odyssey-screenshot.jpg

And ^^^^ appears throughout the film. I'm all for realism for in films, but the ? Kubrick took this ? in a literally sense. Taking FIVE ? MINUTES TO SHOW THE SPACE SHIP DOCK WITH THE SPACE STATION! WITH NO ? DIALOGUE! REALLY ? ? And this happens several times in the film where there's no ? dialogue. I can understand if the something interesting was going on, (like in Silence of the Lambs where Claresse was in dude's house in the dark, that was interesting,) but there would be no dialogue and ? were doing some hella mundane ? , especially concerning the deactivation of HAL, that was tedious anti-climatic ? .

And what what up with that ? at the end when potna was at his older self's crib on Jupiter? Where the ? did that ? come from? Dude is progressively getting older, then he ends up as this ? :

starchild.jpg

What the ? ? Clearly, this movie was made for muthafuckas who are into the art of film making and the Kubrick stans who hyped this ? to death. Rex is first to admit that he's not into abstract, avant garde, or surreal ? ; however, to proclaim 2001: A Space Odyssey the greatest sci-fi movie of all time, FOH. Hell, 2001 isn't Rex's opinion that 2001 isn't even Kubrick best film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TNhS81w4bM
and eyes_wide_shut_ver2.jpgHELLA >>>> 2001

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you don't dig full metal jacket?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge co sign i watched space odd n was like wtf
  • Maximus Rex
    You misunderstood what I said. Of course I do, but when people talk about Kubrick greatest films, that 2001 is regarded as some sort of ? masterpiece.

http://www.afi.com/10top10/category.aspx?cat=7

#1 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
    Story follows the ascent of mankind into the near-future space age through minimalist performances and a strong visual style. more

#2 STAR WARS: EPISODE IV - A NEW HOPE
    In a distant galaxy, a long time ago, young Luke Skywalker assembles his motley crew of allies including space rogue Han Solo and two droids C3PO and R2D2 to rescue... more

#3 E.T. - THE EXTRA TERRESTRIAL
    A young boy coping with his parents divorce befriends an alien on the run from the FBI. more

#4 A CLOCKWORK ORANGE
    Based on Anthony Burgess's disturbing novel about England in the totalitarian future, Malcolm McDowell portrays Alex, a Beethoven-loving, head-bashing punk who leads his gang... more

#5 THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
    An alien dignitary comes to Earth to learn why humans can't stop warrings amongst eachother. more

#6 BLADE RUNNER
    An ex cop comes out of retirement in order to hunt down androids who are being reproduced for purpose of slavery. more

#7 ALIEN
    In deep space, the crew of the commercial ship Nostromo comprised of five men and two women is awakened from their cryo-sleep capsules, halfway through their journey... more

#8 TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY
    Sequel to the sci-fi adventure about a near-indestructible cyborg. more

#9 INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS
    Mistaken for insane, a man arrives in San Francisco to inform the world that strange aliens have arrived on earth to overtake human life. more

#10 BACK TO THE FUTURE
    A teenager travels back in time to save

Really ? 2001 is better, than T2? Better than Alien? Better than Aliens? Better than Episode V which everybody knows is better than a A New Hope which they have listed as number 2. The only people feeling 2001 are people that are in the industry or want to be in the industry, Kubrick stans, or muthafuckas who watched that ? off hella acid.
  • Maximus Rex
    allied wrote: »
    Carlito's Way>>>Scarface.

Rex isn't mad at that and sees why you would say that.

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the movie was released in 68. ? was way ahead of it's time.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blade Runner is ? . It's the only movie i fell asleep on in film class.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    INB4 certified classics like ? , taxi driver, gone with the wind, godfather trilogy, etc...

anyway, idk what the consensus was on that ? tree of life movie, but if it was nominated for oscars then i assume a lot of people liked it & thought it was great. i thought that movie ? sucked & was the worst movie i've ever seen in my life.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fell asleep on scarface 3x, that's a boring ass movie. 2nd time I tried to watch it cause I thought it was just me but that ? is wack as ? bruh.

I'd have to add prometheus.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't impressed with ET and Casablanca was aight. They were only regarded as classics because of when they were released

I don't ? with the Back To The Future series because trying to understand time travel and make sense of everything isn't worth it
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    scarface wasnt good but it was really cool
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino.

• LUClEN
    Scarface starts off great and around halfway it gets boring imo. Starts feeling too long and ? . Same with American Gangster
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayn Citizen Kane is a hype.
  • LUClEN
    focus wrote: »
    The original Lord of the Rings trilogy. Nothing happens in those movies. 9 hours of ? walking back and forth.

obama-laughing-nodding-smilling-freaky-1360677848n.gif
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allied wrote: »
    Carlito's Way>>>Scarface.

I think I'll have to disagree .. .

I watched Carlito's Way and it hasn't moved me like 'Face did even today. Scarface feels rawer than CW ... . plus all the pop culture references

My very own answer to the OP?

513gTFJmwTL.jpg

• Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino.

Grand Torino all the insults and racial slurs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsXHVC8wM1M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Jeezus Crust ? was hilarious.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Space: 2001 is a REAL science fiction movie.

Movies like T2, STARWARS and ALIENS are action, fantasy and horror movies.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ever hear about certain movies that are deemed by the critics and general population as classics, but you've never actually gotten around to seeing them; however when upon seeing the flick, you're like, "This ? is ass, straight, garbage, and I wasted time out of my life that I will never get back." Well, your boy had this experience the other day with this pile of hot streaming pile of ? garbage:

download.blog?fhandle=YmxvZzY4MTM1QGZzNC50aXN0b3J5LmNvbTovYXR0YWNoLzAvMDEwMDAwMDAwMDMzLmpwZw%3D%3D

I thought this ? was going to be about HAL malfunctioning or be coming sentient, taking over the space station and the astronauts having to figure out a way of beating HAL or not beating HAL and dying. ? , was I ever wrong. First the screen is black as for like two minutes. I knew nothing was wrong with the DVD because I could see the time elapsing with that annoying as hum. Finally, the movie comes on epic as ? with that shot of moon, the earth, and the sun while of course that all familiar hella tight theme music.

The ? goes to the days of prehistoric man and shows some pre-ass "Fred Flintstone," ? doing some pre "Fred Flintstone," ? . They get into some funk with another group of man-ape ? behind a watering hole. One of the pre-ass "Fred Flintstone," ? discovers that with a bone he can smash ? and puts the rest of his potnas up on game, now pre-ass "Fred Flintstone" are eating meat and when they get into with the other of primal muthafuckas again, (I'm assuming it's the alpha male of the group,) kills one of the other group with the bone. Then there's this mysterious ? that made zero sense to me:

936full-2001--a-space-odyssey-screenshot.jpg

And ^^^^ appears throughout the film. I'm all for realism for in films, but the ? Kubrick took this ? in a literally sense. Taking FIVE ? MINUTES TO SHOW THE SPACE SHIP DOCK WITH THE SPACE STATION! WITH NO ? DIALOGUE! REALLY ? ? And this happens several times in the film where there's no ? dialogue. I can understand if the something interesting was going on, (like in Silence of the Lambs where Claresse was in dude's house in the dark, that was interesting,) but there would be no dialogue and ? were doing some hella mundane ? , especially concerning the deactivation of HAL, that was tedious anti-climatic ? .

And what what up with that ? at the end when potna was at his older self's crib on Jupiter? Where the ? did that ? come from? Dude is progressively getting older, then he ends up as this ? :

starchild.jpg

What the ? ? Clearly, this movie was made for muthafuckas who are into the art of film making and the Kubrick stans who hyped this ? to death. Rex is first to admit that he's not into abstract, avant garde, or surreal ? ; however, to proclaim 2001: A Space Odyssey the greatest sci-fi movie of all time, FOH. Hell, 2001 isn't Rex's opinion that 2001 isn't even Kubrick best film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TNhS81w4bM

and eyes_wide_shut_ver2.jpgHELLA >>>> 2001

Really T/S??? I like to think that there would be no Star Wars, Alien, & etc. had it not been for 2001!!!
  • 1CK1S
    & don't hate on Stanley Kubrick he's pretty much in everyone's top 5 when it comes to movie directors!!!
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Million Dollar Baby

One of the most boring movies you could ever see.
  • 1CK1S
    focus wrote: »
    Million Dollar Baby

One of the most boring movies you could ever see.

Always hated the ending of that movie!!!
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can name a few, some might call me a movie snob, but I am far from that because I do like movies that many people don't like. As far as movies that were "meh" of course....Scarface, Departed, Hunger Games, No country for old men ( I did like it, but its not a classic) Juno, Animal House, Avatar, Batman Begins, Crash was so underwhelming

I have more, but the most recent even though I don't think it is a classic......PACIFIC RIM I will go as far as to say it was the worst big screen movie I have ever seen. Bland, bad acting, cheesy dialogue, no chemistry and the fight scenes were zzzzzzz......It seems only me and my boys are the only ones who hate this ? movie. But we agreed it because people are stupid
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol too many feelings in this thread.......not even gonna go there.......

all i'll say is: growing up my stepbrother was always ? on classic films and basically any film that didn't have ? or gunfights or kung fu in it, but one night he caught 2001 channel surfing and got sucked into watching it so crazy he was ready to fight me when i wanted to switch it off to play Sega lol. i was like "wow" and respected it ever since. The special effects alone were revolutionary. Without 2001, there is no Star Wars, no Alien, none of that sci-fi ? . You ain't gotta like it but you gotta Respect it. Doing otherwise makes you sound like one of those teenagers in The Reason making threads about how Rakim or Biggie was trash and Rick Ross got more classic albums lol.

eh ? it, i'll still volunteer one classic tho:

GONE WITH THE WIND

? is a got dayum 4 hour soap opera about how great "The Old South" was, starring an unlikable gold-digging ? and the house ? that take care of her. I ain't never seen it, but I know that's the gist of it and old white women cape for it harder than poor black ppl cape for Scarface smh lol.

How the ? this is the best selling movie of all time is a complete mystery to me.