• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    i went from yo this ? brody wilin ou-'
    to 'oooooh ? '
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brody got his redemption in regards, but even if he lives what would be waiting for him in the states? Life in a CIA facility? Life in Prison? Life helping the CIA in a non-field capacity? He still strapped up that bomb vest, He still killed Tom Walker (who was a bad guy), and He still played a role in those people getting shot. Didn't he ? that guy from the shot in Gettysburg too? Like in the woods or some ? . Plus he tipped off them ? about CIA ? all the time.

He pretty much has to die, there ain't really ? they can even do with him if he lives. I'm sure there will be some dramatics with Carrie coming close to getting him out, maybe telling him she's gonna be the mother of his child, possibly sucking his ? one last time, who knows. But I bet he dies.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    ^ exactly.

even if he somehow makes it out alive, he can't go home cuz of that ? he said about america to the iranian press & he assumed responsibility for the langley bombing to the terrorist group. only option he has is to keep running & i'm not tryna see him globetrot for protection all over again next season.

but the way this episode ended it's looking like he's gonna live. i hope i'm wrong tho.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    He needs to die just to save Carrie's character from becoming stale as well.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    she better not keep that damn baby either.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But does this show work without Brody?

I mean, he could still work for the CIA, with the rest of the world thinking he is a wanted terrorist. Settle down with Carrie, there is still the story of his family, and there will always be another terrorist to take down.

Is there even a confirmed season 5?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    You mean season 4
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You mean season 4

lol, no wonder google was giving me the Shaq face.

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    But does this show work without Brody?

I think it could work w/o Brody. they could focus more on Quinn. and/or those other ppl would want revenge on the US for Brody killing that dude in the office.

• Will Munny
    Options
    Quinn is pretty interesting NH.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    finale leaked. i'll drop the link if anyone wants it
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Drop it pro favor. I should be studying tomorrow night anyways.
  • marc123
    Options
    yea. the finale is up on most sites.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    wanna talk about it or should we wait? Honestly, I wasn't impressed.
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited December 2013
    Options
    somebody posted the link on imdb & i skimmed through the video to make sure it was legit...one of the parts i just so happened to stop on
    showed brody dangling in the middle of the plaza lol
    i played myself cuz i hadn't decided if i was gonna watch it yet or not but after i'd seen that i was like ? it & started reading through some of the threads people who already saw it made.
    i saw carrie is gonna end up keeping the baby & is probly gonna run away with quinn to istanbul or some ? . smh. the worst thing to happen to this season imo was carrie being pregnant. that ? was so unnecessary & basic to me. it was the point where i mentally checked out of the season & probly the series as a whole. carrie being a mom isn't what i signed up for.

but whatever i don't have anything to do right now so i'm gonna watch the episode see what it is for myself. but based on what i read, i'm not really intrigued.

here's the link to the episode for anyone who hasn't seen it that wants to
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    just watched it. i thought it was better than what it was made out to be. now that i've seen the whole thing, this season wasn't actually that bad. it's glory days are probly left in season 1, but i realized you can't view this show the same as other shows...the plot is narrow, so once you solve "the problem" the show can pretty much go anywhere (like not trying to be on the spy ? , carrie being pregnant etc) cuz it's not bound to a setting. most shows are the opposite - they have vague plots which can go anywhere, but they always come back to the original setting/premise.

that being said
    idk how ima deal with carrie potentially being a mom. (i know she's supposed to be giving it up to her family, but that's her child so she's gonna have ties.) that's way left of any reason i originally got into this show. i've been a big defender all through last season (& still am i ? with season 2 HEAVY *star voice*) & a lot of this season, but if people were to stop watching at this point i wouldn't be able to argue against it..not even because of carrie having brody's baby (which i hate)...the show just seems so far removed from where it started. i'm not even sure if that's a good or bad thing at this point that a show is willing to & can take those kinds of risks. ima have to sit on this one for a while.
  • marc123
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The finale was cool. I liked it. Season 3 was much better than season 2.
  • marc123
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Btw, Props to the writers for not goin the cheap route and endin with some over the top cliffhanger at the end.

And lol. I did think for a second Saul and his wife would run into Hannah and Harrison at the end....
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S.jR.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    If Homeland goes the route that Mad Men did with Peggy by having the child raised by someone else and while it's in the back of audiences mind it's never the focal point of her story arch. Which hasn't been a distraction to me.

With Carrie being in Istanbul and the baby around the world it could work out to be the same way, so much so that she is so caught up in her work she wouldn't have one of her "moments" until she is back in the US or speaks with her dad. Unless the birth of the child changes her parental focus?

BTW they approached Brody's ending properly. Like everything else in his story, false hope coupled with the reality he knew that he couldn't escape.

Just curious about Saul's private sector job that has him earning triple the money. And where do they pick up from here.. The writers have essentially a complete fresh start.
  • S.jR.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Random semi off topic but this comes to my head when I think Istanbul....
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    part of me isn't interested in what happens in season 4 & beyond cuz it's like there's no reason for any of them to exist...(1) saul handled his business so iran & soon to be the rest of the middle east is shaping up to be a safer place. (2) there's no more brody/carrie or saul/carrie relationship. yea carrie is gonna be back in the CIA with quinn but refer to points 1 & 2. like i can't even explain to anybody what the show is about anymore. that finale worked perfectly as a series finale.

but for those same reasons, the show could go literally anywhere & have the potential to be GOAT. idek where i stand with this show & i'm perfectly fine with that.
  • marc123
    Options
    Yea the finale felt like a series finale
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO this would have been a perfect way to end the series. Even if season 4 has some heat...i dont think i will be checking for it.
    The ? plot of the show was "When Marine Nicolas Brody is hailed as a hero after he returns home from eight years of captivity in Iraq, intelligence officer Carrie Mathison is the only one who suspects that he may have been "turned"

That was wrapped up before season 3 even started...to me season 3 was closure. The finale did that. ? is the point from here forward?
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Saul gets sucked back in NH.