? Forgives I Don't One year Later

Comments

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bumped the ? out of this album when it first came out, I still bump a lot of songs from time to time

Ashamed
    Amsterdam
    Hold Me Back
    Ice Cold
    Ten Jesus Piece
    Triple Beam Dreams
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was ehh but I like so sophisticated idk why I like it
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still like the album I like the way it was constructed in segments ... The lush production and live instrumentation first ... Then the trap sounds the lastly the smooth laid back jams ... Ross did a serviceable job on the mic overall ... I like it

I think I gave it around a 8/10 when it first dropped ... It's still around that
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solid album around the 3.5/5 range. It's a dope album, but a lot of the reason why it gets dismissed is because of two things:

1) The hype had a lot of people thinking this was going to be Ross's classic that crossed him over

2) Rich Forever raised expectations for GFID

It turns out that the album wasn't classic. It didn't do much for his career in terms of crossing him over. Rich Forever had better songs and people feel that the mixtape was better than the album.

That being said GFID had some gems on it:

Pirates
    Ashamed
    Maybach IV
    Sixteen
    Ten Jesus Pieces

"Diced Pineapples" was a dope single, but it has too much Wale at the beginning. "Presidential" was a nice song too". I also liked "So Sophisticated".

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Solid album around the 3.5/5 range. It's a dope album, but a lot of the reason why it gets dismissed is because of two things:

1) The hype had a lot of people thinking this was going to be Ross's classic that crossed him over

It turns out that the album wasn't classic. It didn't do much for his career in terms of crossing him over. Rich Forever had better songs and people feel that the mixtape was better than the album.

Pirates
    Ashamed
    Maybach IV
    Sixteen
    Ten Jesus Pieces

"Diced Pineapples" was a dope single, but it has too much Wale at the beginning. "Presidential" was a nice song too". I also liked "So Sophisticated".

i have to dissagree with that rich forever was lacklustered imo .... the hostest joint off there was the joint with French Montana that straight off the boat joint ... outside of that that joint was boo boo especially when you look @ his previous mixtapes .............. that tape was superbly overly hyped just like his album ........ which is a good damn album he should had just surprised people with it ... instead of coming out acting like it was a guaranteed win with platinum status ... imo thats the reason why kendrick won soley cause it was an unexpected gem .....
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Sophisticated was the ? ...

Album was typical Ross to me...was what I expected...

I can't see Ross ever truly crossing over..
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    antarticp wrote: »

Pirates
    Ashamed
    Maybach IV
    Sixteen
    Ten Jesus Pieces

i have to dissagree with that rich forever was lacklustered imo .... the hostest joint off there was the joint with French Montana that straight off the boat joint ... outside of that that joint was boo boo especially when you look @ his previous mixtapes .............. that tape was superbly overly hyped just like his album ........ which is a good damn album he should had just surprised people with it ... instead of coming out acting like it was a guaranteed win with platinum status ... imo thats the reason why kendrick won soley cause it was an unexpected gem .....
    lol nah the mixtape was better than the album, even he knew that putting the best 2 joints from the mixtape on the album.

and kendrick's album wasn't an unexpected gem, you can look at his few releases before GKMC and see he's good so there was an expectation of it being good, and luckily he exceeded that expectation.

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started dope fell off when I listened to two identical tracks back to back
    that's the story of his last 3 albums/EP's. ? took jeezy style and ran with it..............................................into the ground.

He's either saving and spoiling a broad. Or he's killing people and selling boat loads of drugs all around the world.

"HUUH!!!!!, WOOOOOP!!!, I pray the lorrrrrd{fill in fake/cheesy line here}" every ? song lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    edited July 2013
    rip.dilla wrote: »

First time peepin this vid...props

gave this album another spin just a couple of weekends ago
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited July 2013
    I still haven't heard this album. I haven't heard anybody talk about it either. I forgot all about this ? .
    Trust me, you're not the only one. This album is a throwaway. I judge albums heavily on replay value and this album is lacking like a ? in that department. This album compilation was 80% production and features. If you noticed his last 3 albums up until this one the list of features keep growing smh.

You aint missing nothing, only like 4 songs are worth listening too. Officer ricky is what I call a throwaway rapper. A throwaway rapper is a rapper who makes a bunch of throwaway music. You listen to most of their tracks a few times, then you "throw it away" and forget all about it. Out of all of that throwaway music only a few tracks are good and have lots of replay value. This is what post "URBAN LEGEND" T.I, post "GET RICH OR DIE TRYING MOVIE SOUNDTRACK" 50 cent, and post "CARTER 2" lil wayne are suffering from. Cats get to a point where it's all about making money/staying relevant. This is what leads to this.

Half ass albums are W.O.A.T!!!

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You hate him so much...But love to talk about him...
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasnt his best album overall but had some of the best songs of his career in 3 Kings, Amsterdam, Sixteen, and 10 Jesus Pieces.......He need to leave Lex Luger off the next album.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hnic1978 wrote: »
    It wasnt his best album overall but had some of the best songs of his career in 3 Kings, Amsterdam, Sixteen, and 10 Jesus Pieces.......He need to leave Lex Luger off the next album.
    This'll surprise you....but Lex Luger isn't on GFID at all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/? _Forgives,_I_Don%27t#Track_listing
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He should had made the album shorter and took off 911 that's a throwaway track
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    He should had made the album shorter and took off BMF part 3 that's a throwaway track

Fixed
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think Ross makes his best music over smoother, laid back production. Every time he does songs like "Hold Me Back" and "911" it warrants automatic comparisons to "BMF". Ross should just let J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, Cardiak, and The Inkredibles produce his whole album with a few other producers sprinkled into the mix.
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hnic1978 wrote: »
    This'll surprise you....but Lex Luger isn't on GFID at all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/? _Forgives,_I_Don%27t#Track_listing

by gosh golly you are right.......playas ? up lol
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still listen to
    Amsterdam
    Triple beam dream
    Maybach 4
  • Turfaholic
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    You hate him so much...But love to talk about him...

No I just love to hate him
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <Looks for H_Rap & Gee

I swear you ? .... (smh)

They all learned the hard way

album was 2/5 ? & it's a wrap for MMG

50 wins again!
  • Turfaholic
    Sion wrote: »
    IMO Teflon Don is better. It's a nice record to relax and listen to tho. I can't stand Rick Ross but his production smooth as ? .

I got a ear for good beats.....does that mean im worthy of a deal?
  • PILL_COSBY
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    He should had made the album shorter and took off BMF part 16 that's a throwaway track

Fixed
    fixed your fix
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    his next album is jus going to be even more worst .
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a good album. I can play it until I reach the Omarion track and the Drake track and that other song in between the last track.