If you had to choose the top 5 albums from the ? south...

Options
tharealest561
tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
...how would your list shape up? It doesn't have to be in any particular order, but name your top 5 albums to ever come out of the southern region.

The list could be based on album impact, lyricism, production (or a combination of both), or a combination of all. It's difficult limiting this to 5, but here's how my list looks, in no order:

UGK - Ridin ? : Plain and simple, the most complete album from arguably the most complete duo the south has birthed. ? 's production and Bun's lyricism were unmatched.

Juvenile - 400 Degreez: Although "Solja Rags" is my personal favorite, this album solidified one of hip hop's most powerful labels and was the magnum opus of Juve's career. Timeless singles and timeless Mannie production.

Outkast - ATLiens: Outkast stepped outside the box on this sophomore effort and proved that they were a different brand of hip hop. One of their many albums you could play front to back, but I personally favor this over their others. If anything this album truly did prove that "the south got something to say"

TRU - TRU 2 Da Game: This really marked P's transition from the Bay back to the Boot, and with two albums worth of material, proved that No Limit was an underground empire on the come up. A total group effort from the entire label.

Eightball & MJG - On Top of The World: My favorite duo ever, and this is by far their best album. Space Age Pimpin, baby.

I know I'm gonna catch a lot of flack for not including any Scarface or Geto Boys album. And I know I didn't have Soul Food, Trap Muzik, or some other classics on there, but Gotdammit it's my list and that's how I feel. Discuss...

Comments